Non-League Predictions - 10th February

Boreham Wood v Maidenhead
Wood have got Tshimanga back, but hard to know how good he still is. They did win at Woking last week, but they only had 3 shots in the game and were probably fortunate to hold on with just 10 men. We know Maidenhead can throw in a stinker and their last 3 losses were to Ebbsfleet, Wealdstone and Dorking. They did beat Wealdstone on Tuesday night though and I think they look in better shape than Wood at the moment.

Chelmsford v Weymouth
I'm going to go for a hat-trick on Weymouth after we have been on them the last twice. Clearly last weeks win was a rather dramatic 4-3 victory, but I think it shows how high confidence is with them at the moment that they could come back from losing positions to win the game. Chelmsford can certainly blow hot and cold as they showed when losing to Havant last week. For me Weymouth are too big a price.

St Albans v Taunton
No idea why the price on St Albans has drifted as they look good things to continue their superb form. Great 4-0 win over Torquay last week for us and they should have beaten Hampton on Tuesday night as well. They have only lost once in their last 11 games. Taunton have only won once in 18 games and that came 11 games ago. They have drawn 4 of their last 5, but only 1 of those was an away game which was the draw at Welling. St Albans are way better than Taunton and it really should be a home win.

Hungerford v Walton & Hersham (Southern Premier South)
The only team to beat Hungerford at home this season are probably champions Chesham. Walton did win away last week at Sholing, but they struggle away on the whole and I think Hungerford are better than them anyway.

Bishops Stortford v Coalville
Into the FA Trophy now and I like Coalville here to cause an upset. God knows what has gone on with them last season as they should be near the top. I'm surprised it took them so long to sack their manager which they finally did this week. I know the home side hammered Aldershot in the previous round, but that was a freak result and they looked a poor side when I went to watch them play Gloucester a couple of weeks ago. Coalville are more than capable of winning this.

Peterborough Sports v Kidderminster
I was surprised that both these sides opened up at 6/4 and I'm not surprised the away side are being backed. They look a totally different side under Phil Brown and I'm sure he is eyeing up a Wembley trip which looks a realistic aim given the sides still in the competition. Sports have done well enough at home recently, but I think they will struggle to contain the new and improved Kidderminster.

Welling v Barnet
Welling got lucky in the last round as Chesterfield played the youth team and even then they struggled a bit to win the game. Barnet have been putting out some strong teams in the competition so far and they went and won at Radcliffe in the last round which would have been a tougher game.

Prices from Friday 10.30am

Maidenhead 1pt @ 5/2 with Skybet, Paddy Power, Betfair and Ladbrokes (Coral are 27/10 and take up to 2/1)
Weymouth 1pt @ 17/5 with Paddy Power and Betfair (take up to 13/5)
St Albans 5pts @ 17/20 with Bet365 (take up to 4/6)
Hungerford 2pts @ 11/10 with Bet365 (take up to 10/11)
Coalville 1pt @ 21/10 with Skybet and Bet365 (take up to 7/4)
Kidderminster 3pts @ 13/10 with Paddy Power, Betfair, Betfred and Bet365 (29/20 with Skybet and take up to Evs)
Barnet 3pts @ 6/5 with Bet365 (take up to 10/11)

On 2/10/2024 at 11:24 AM, bromsgrovegreen said:

Thanks for the tips once again. Surprised how Phil Brown has turned Kiddy round, didn't see that happening tbh.

What's your thoughts on Tim Flowers as a manager Darran?  Bromsgrove fans getting excited but he's been rubbish his last three or four jobs

One of the worst managers we've ever had and I'm amazed he's got another job. Be prepared for long ball and hard to watch football.

1 hour ago, Darran said:

One of the worst managers we've ever had and I'm amazed he's got another job. Be prepared for long ball and hard to watch football.

Flowers and Gary Whild were together at Kidderminster a few years ago. The football was utterly turgid in complete contrast to the exciting approach of Steve Burr whom they succeeded.

[7 changes for Kidderminster at Peterborough Sports - their squad players have had so little football, are probably not match-fit and probably are not good enough. Phil Brown far more concerned about Solihull Moors next Tuesday].

On 2/11/2024 at 12:54 PM, Labrador said:

Flowers and Gary Whild were together at Kidderminster a few years ago. The football was utterly turgid in complete contrast to the exciting approach of Steve Burr whom they succeeded.

[7 changes for Kidderminster at Peterborough Sports - their squad players have had so little football, are probably not match-fit and probably are not good enough. Phil Brown far more concerned about Solihull Moors next Tuesday].

Yeah I couldn't believe the team he put out. Just seems like such a missed opportunity to get to Wembley.

19 hours ago, Darran said:

Yeah I couldn't believe the team he put out. Just seems like such a missed opportunity to get to Wembley.

Ironically tonight's game at Solihull Moors has just been postponed due to waterlogged pitch!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dawwe92 said:

Yes but it doesn't seem to work. I know you used to be able to search for every team specifically before.

Sorry I can't help you then I'm afraid. It's not something I look for very often to be honest.