** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2023 European Championship

daveg

OK, I'm going with Pietreczko at 3,50... it' the same odds he had in the SF of the last ET... where he won 7-6 against MVG (at the same venue as tonight), then he went on to win that ET tournament, then beating Ross Smith here in the first round... betting on the home dog at such odds is a bet I have to take, and I won't regret it even if MVG happens to easily win this time. 

20 hours ago, Fader said:

I think the bet tomorrow is Van Veen to beat Gurney. Rock didn’t turn up tonight and with Van Veen I wasn’t sure if his doubling would be that great on the big stage. He looked really good though and calm.

5pts Van Veen to beat Gurney 4/5 bet365

Very good call shame I didn't follow you on it! (although I do have an outright on Van Veen). Gian played very well aside from a lean spell in the middle of the match. His finishing was excellent, on this form he'll be hard stopped. 

Humphries v MVG. Winner plays Price in the final is, I suppose, the most likely outcome and what was expected from the start. The latter rounds we go the more likely the better player wins, I suppose.

On a personal note, I'll be hoping for Dobez vs Humphries now.

What a shame Van Veen couldn't hold it together for the whole match, after being 5-1 up and comfortably the better player til that point. Presumably he got nervous as his scoring and finishing went right down after that and it was just a matter of time as to when Wade would overhaul him. 

Edited by amity