Race Chat-Sat 21st Oct

On 10/19/2023 at 11:50 PM, black rabbit said:

Ocean Quest                                                        1 50 Asc/                    1/40th of a pt ew   33/1

Port Lonsdale                                                       3 45 Asc/                    1/40th of a pt ew   66/1

Ropey Guest                                                         4 25 Asc/                    1/40th of a pt ew   40/1

St Lawrence                                                          1 50 Asc/                    1/40th of a pt ew   40/1

P/L  + 173.45 pts

Ropey a gallent 2nd for ew "sheckels"

Limerick 1730

Straight Home

each way

only by night

win

two here with good chances 

straight homes jockey won’t spare the horses and has already won a bumper on this horse. Has ridden again in two maiden hurdles and well backed all runs. Cromwell needs no introduction in this sphere. Both horses will relish the trip and going particularly the winning pointer straight home

Edited by Sporting Sam

1 hour ago, snappidragun said:

Am i alone at the smoke being blown up Dettories back side ruining saturday afternoon's? 

I'm not right into hirce racing, only really fun bet, so I don't know a whole lot of what jockeys are like, but I like him, he's done a lot for the sport I think on and off the horse.

Probably more knowledgeable race fans will maybe see it differently.

I'm happy for the way it's playing out, even if he bust me a few times, lol.

Away from that, terrible day on the old hossie bets.

23 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

The key stat is the draw with those drawn 1 - 11 producing 8 winners out of the last 9 with a profit of 81 points. Those drawn higher have 1 winner from 97 runners and a loss of 70 points. I wouldn't be put off by the going as 5 of the last 9 runnings have been on heavy or soft going.

All 9 winners last ran 14 to 25 days ago with a profit of 99 points.

Only 1 winner from 113 runners has had forecast odds higher the 14/1.

This leaves BOPEDRO at 16/1 (5 places).

The draw stat certainly stood up with the first 7 home being drawn in stalls 1 - 9

Wolverhampton 1800
There may be another each way cover bet to add to this win bet just before the off 

I’m in the early stages of research for this race but the first thing that strikes me is that 

GLAMOROUS EXPRESS

win

has an outstanding chance here and should not be opposed. Dropping from a heavy ground third in a class four at bath last time, this runners best and only previous win came in a class five stakes race on turf. Handicapper raised him three pounds not in anticipation of him dropping into a class six and if he handles the surface he should take all the beating. Because he has little or no all weather form this is a win bet only maximum confidence comes with provencourse form which isn’t there but everything else is.

Edited by Sporting Sam

wolverhampton 1830

RESILIENCE 

win

Last win was off a rating of 83 in a class three. Drops into lowly class six company for the first time. Gets this on traverse law as the bottom weight and horse drawn alongside him has cried off and for the same reasons ,

draw data and the physics throws up two interesting each way runners here

glorious charmer

street life

both each way

that said resilience looks thrown in here and only reservations as usual is all weather experience but that is covered by the each way runners

Edited by Sporting Sam

Wolverhampton 1930

Tarjeeh

win

reappears off the back of a distant win in better company and Owen burrows chooses lowly wolves for the return after more than 400 days. Burrows strike rate with his select band of well bred horses is prolific and he’s missed champions day for this outing.

normal jockey for these type of runs Jim Crowley is deputised by up and coming saffie Osborne and she has a real chance here. The horses directly linked to this horse are rated 98 and 107 which gives an accurate indication to within 20 lbs where Tarjeeh might have been. One of them ran today at ascot in the group race….. He may well need the run but that is factored into the price.

24 minutes ago, Sporting Sam said:

Wolverhampton 1930

Tarjeeh

win

reappears off the back of a distant win in better company and Owen burrows chooses lowly wolves for the return after more than 400 days. Burrows strike rate with his select band of well bred horses is prolific and he’s missed champions day for this outing.

normal jockey for these type of runs Jim Crowley is deputised by up and coming saffie Osborne and she has a real chance here. The horses directly linked to this horse are rated 98 and 107 which gives an accurate indication to within 20 lbs where Tarjeeh might have been. One of them ran today at ascot in the group race….. He may well need the run but that is factored into the price.

Saffie is emerging as one of our better jockeys and was given specific instruction to get this interesting runner home and preservation of energy was crucial. The horse took a strong pull early on and was hard held to ease into the race under heavy restraint. Steadied and pulled back and saw out the trip despite a 463 day lay off. Put into stride had most of these under the pump a long way out and just doing the bare minimum while others were all out.

3 hours ago, Brahmin said:

👍 💷 @Sporting Sam ....... 2 wins while we watching England beating South Africa in 1st half  🤞........so cheers from us with our white wine / cheese / grapes 🥂

Happy days I also posted up some rugby 🏉 bets  in the racing thread regarding drop goals and Owen Farrell scoring the points for England. Made more from this competition than I can make from racing thanks to bookmakers using moonlighting football odds compilers to price up a game they clearly don’t understand.

one more racing bet tonight at Keeneland USA. 2248

Sambruru

each way

ex John Gosden and beat a runner in class three and that runner won listed class 1 next time out. (snooze n you lose) May need the run in debut but gets the free energy that I bang on about.

Fauci

win

course winner drawn to take advantage and hard to oppose 

round up

five winners and several good each ways.

1.Quest for fun

2. Only by Night

3. Roman Art

4. Tarjeeh

5. Liberty Mountain 

Edited by Sporting Sam