Racing Chat-Monday 26th June

Patent. 

6.25.Wolv. Cinque Verde            4/1            1st

2.45. Chep.Springday                 15/8            unpl

3.00. South. Riccirella                   4/1              unpl

stk.3.50       rtn 69.50.

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

I'm so busy                                  1 55 S/              1/40th of a pt win   16/1

let  me be                                    5 00 S/              1/ 40th of a pt ew   16/1

afterlife                                        6 35 W/             1/40th of a pt ew    16/1

Chepstow 2.10

Two Plus Two

Each way

Man made of smoke

Win

Two plus two was the subject of stewards scrutiny recently.....

Dubious performance last time on handicap debut. Slowly away under apprentice.

Offered unsatisfactory explanation as to his instructions and lucky to escape a ban.

Headgear on and Trevor Whelan in the saddle here and much better anticipated.

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

2.25 Sou Jet Of Dreams 1 pt win at 5.1

Haha, when I go against my favourite jockeys they give me a pasting

Done an L15 and Acca on the Daily, probably chosen the wrong Hollie Doyle selections = 2 pts

4.30 Sou Blackhillsofdakota 0.50ew at 33/1 3p with Betfred

Total stakes so far = 4 points

5.00 SOu Ivetwiggedit 1.10 pt win at 5.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zilch today.  Loss of 8.10 points.  Profit YTD is now down to +8.64.   It was fun with the evening L15.  I look forward to finding up to 3 of these each day for 2 pts a piece.  I think that the only singles I will do are howling outsiders for a 0.25 ew bets. It seems to be anyone's guess as to which players will win a race  

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Haha, when I go against my favourite jockeys they give me a pasting

Done an L15 and Acca on the Daily, probably chosen the wrong Hollie Doyle selections = 2 pts

4.30 Sou Blackhillsofdakota 0.50ew at 33/1 3p with Betfred

Total stakes so far = 4 points

5.00 SOu Ivetwiggedit 1.10 pt win at 5.0

No luck so far

I have posted up another L15 and Acca on the Daily for 2 pts

6.35 win A Sure Welcome 1 pt win at 13.50

= Total stakes today of 8.10

I think I will stop posing up singles and each-way bets from tomorrow.  They waste too many points.  I would rather do a lot more 2 points L15's.  Much more fun 

1 hour ago, sporting sam said:

Ballinrobe 7.20

Granville Street

Each way

Off 405 days.

Finished second in consecutive runs to entropy and another hotpot and a good third to white Marlin 

You said recently that it only takes you a few minutes to come up with a selection for a race.  I'm just wondering that if you worked through a whole race card in say less than an hour you could post up some lucky 15 selections on the daily L15 thread.  Just a thought

Wolves 9 pm

Los Camacho's

Bond boy.

Both each way

Bond boy missed the break and los Camacho's was in the mix but was first to crack of the leading bunch. 

Elion the maiden went in off a career low.

Edited by sporting sam

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

You said recently that it only takes you a few minutes to come up with a selection for a race.  I'm just wondering that if you worked through a whole race card in say less than an hour you could post up some lucky 15 selections on the daily L15 thread.  Just a thought

It isn't the way I work them out, @The Equaliser but I will give it a go sometime.  I'm certainly off with selections at the moment. I shouldn't be, because there are some great prices and the sort of horses I normally go for are going in. Give me time and I'll give it a go.

18 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

No luck so far

I have posted up another L15 and Acca on the Daily for 2 pts

6.35 win A Sure Welcome 1 pt win at 13.50

= Total stakes today of 8.10

I think I will stop posing up singles and each-way bets from tomorrow.  They waste too many points.  I would rather do a lot more 2 points L15's.  Much more fun 

If you hadn't had the 1 'Lucky 15' (the clue is in the name), what would your YTD be ? You are again changing trying to win people over, rather than just trying to win.

There will always be bad days, bad weeks, and occasionally a bad (or seemingly pointless) months. You have to do your own thing, the fact that the bookies least favourite ( and least profitable) bet is the single should tell you something. There is a lot of racing these days (too much in reality), but as a punter, we don't have to bet in every race, or even every day. 

32 minutes ago, Bang on said:

There will always be bad days, bad weeks, and occasionally a bad (or seemingly pointless) months. You have to do your own thing, the fact that the bookies least favourite ( and least profitable) bet is the single should tell you something. There is a lot of racing these days (too much in reality), but as a punter, we don't have to bet in every race, or even every day. 

Not sure if you've had a look at the lucky 15 thread but we have come to the conclusion that the best bet for punters is the lucky 15. That assumes that the punter has a reasonable skill in picking 4 decent selections a day.

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

Not sure if you've had a look at the lucky 15 thread but we have come to the conclusion that the best bet for punters is the lucky 15. That assumes that the punter has a reasonable skill in picking 4 decent selections a day.

It also assumes that you're getting at least double the odds for only one winner; without that a losing punter will lose more doing L15 compared to singles (though may still feel they get more entertainment for their money given the chance of landing a big payout).

On 6/27/2023 at 1:27 PM, MCLARKE said:

Each to their own, regular steady progress is reliable IMO, that's why I stick to singles ( with a rare double etc). The point I was making, was that it is a long time between drinks waiting for a 'lucky 15', and taking away the 1 successful bet would show the overall betting ( and selection process) in a truer light. I tend to use a 'Ratchet bank', meaning that I ratchet up after the bank increases, BUT, never reduce stakes after losers. The gradual increase is similar to compounding and the gradual increase in stakes starts to accelerate profits. For me personally, this gives much better returns in the long run.

You are right, the losing runs can be long but in the long run there is an additional edge of 10 - 20% by using L15s.

Most of my betting is on the exchanges and I too increase my stakes when my total profit reaches a new high on a weekly basis.

I started at £10 per day and I'm now up to over £100 per day.