Women's World Cup 2023

6 hours ago, Torque said:

Raso is an interesting one as she hasn't had a prolific international career but finds herself on three goals so far at this tournament. All the focus is on Kerr now as she's due to start and so perhaps not surprisingly the expectation is that any goals the Maltildas get will be scored by her but you often see a player that gets on a scoring run keep that run going and so I'm having a small stake on her.

Had 78p matched on her at 210. Unfortunately no nibble on Russo at similar speculative odds.

Some thoughts on today’s game from racing punter @Sporting Sam. There’s usually a thread for most of the footy so stick any bets in there, it’s good to venture outside the cloistered groves of the racing forum once in a while! My obvious question would be why bother backing both sides of the goal in both halves; just do the other 3 elements as a bet builder. Should be available with 365 where you can get a 25% boost on that game. I’ll check a couple of prices for comparison.

The bet pays just under 4/1 if you dutch the quoted odds, you can get between 9/2 and 5/1 elsewhere (I just checked Sky Bet, Hills and 365). It pays 7.25 with 365 if you get the bonus.

To be clear, this a bet builder on:

• Australia 4 or more (or over 3) corners
  • England 5 or more (or over 4) corners, and
  • 3 or more cards shown (or over 2, or 30+ bookings points)

Probably not a bad bet at the boosted price with 365.

On 8/12/2023 at 6:40 PM, Torque said:

I'm going the other way @harry_rag - so at least that guarantees one of us will be happy. I can't see past Spain or England now and from my perspective I hope that's the final.

:clap Well done, worked out well for you. Are you roughly level or is one result better for you than the other? I've won on UEFA providing the winning team; a whopping £3 at 2.98! Also had the rest of the quid matched on Raso GB at 210.

30 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

:clap Well done, worked out well for you. Are you roughly level or is one result better for you than the other? I've won on UEFA providing the winning team; a whopping £3 at 2.98! Also had the rest of the quid matched on Raso GB at 210.

I'm scratching on Spain and quids in on England. Top scorer bets aren't looking too hot - reckon it'll be the Japanese player that wins it now.

image.png

Nothing really exciting me about the final pair of match prices. 3rd placed Sweden favourites over hosts and 10th placed Australia. 6th v 4th in the final with Spain narrowly favoured. I agree you could question England being underdogs but I'm not inclined to get involved at the prices on offer. 

Will no doubt have some sort of bet nearer the time but, in terms of the results, I think I'll just let my antepost bets on games going to extra time or penalties ride.

On 8/16/2023 at 3:04 PM, Torque said:

Top scorer bets aren't looking too hot - reckon it'll be the Japanese player that wins it now.

Possibly value at 1.22 on the exchange (compared to 1/8 with the bookies). By my reckoning there are 4 players who can win it with a brace; Ilestedt, James, Bonmati or Hermoso. Anyone else would need a hat trick or 2 goals and an assist.

No appeal for a further bet at the moment. 

Though... some bookies betting on "top goalscorer" which makes the dead heat a possible factor but still can't see any prices that offer any apparent value!

Spain v England 
I've taken a dispassionate stance in making a tiny bet builder.
each team 10 + booking points
each team 3+ Corners 
to score 1+ England 
offsides both teams 2+
that is six lines and this time I’ve applied the “kiss” approach.
keep it simple ( stupid) !

Edited by Sporting Sam

I’ve gone in again and simply added 1+ tackle to Lucy Bronze and the over under goals
Spain Women v England Women
  • Under/Over 0.5 Goals: Over 0.5 Goals
  • Each Team Total Corners Taken: 3+ corners each team
  • Each Team Total Booking Points: 10+ booking points each team
  • Home Over Corners Taken: 3+ Spain Women corners
  • Away Over Corners Taken: 3+ England Women corners
  • To Score 1+ Goals: England Women
  • Away Player Tackles: Lucy Bronze 1+ Tackles
  • Home Team Offsides: Spain Women 2+ Offsides
  • Away Team Offsides: England Women 2+ Offsides.
  • The deed is done, sitting back and hoping to enjoy the event. It is great to read the tonnes of rhetoric flying around, the event has been hijacked by lots of people all with different agendas.  What we have here are two sides who have worked very hard to get here and this is their day which no one can take away from them. Good luck to both teams.
Edited by Sporting Sam

5 minutes ago, Sporting Sam said:

Argh!! Isn’t that the same referee from the semi? I hope not. Very good ref but not conducive to bookings.

Yeah, same ref. Stats look fairly average, some high totals here and there but most games 2 or less. At least you’ve not gone too ambitious with the cards element.