Royal Ascot Day 2 -Weds 21st June

Just posting early as I'll be working...

Royal hunt çup 

Astro King  9.1 12/1 

Ghaly    8.8 11/1 

Point lynas   8.5 36.0 

Ouzo   8.3  40/1 

Blue for you 8.2 

Supremely competitive pin sticker but lots of value on offer as a result ....my idea of winner is astro King who is looking very well hcapped currently and conditions shoukd suit if not too much rain ....I'll try 10pt wins top 2 ...5pt ew point and ouzo ....gotta be in it to win it .....and forecasts all 5 

• The Brigadier changed the title to Royal Ascot Day 2 -Weds 21st June

A competitive renewal with no standout filly in the 28 strong field. Karl Burke’s Beautiful Diamond looked smart when winning at Nottingham earlier this month and should be competitive along with the Richard Fahey trained Midnight Affair who did it well in the Hilary Needler last time. Others with chances include the Marygate winner Got To Love A Grey and Born To Rock. Karl Burke won this with Dramatised and can follow up with his Twilight Son grey Beautiful Diamond.

BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND 1 point win @ 9/2 bet365

A wide open renewal of the Kensington Palace Fillies Handicap with plenty holding chances. The lightly raced Joseph O’Brien runner Yerwanthere is making her handicap debut off of what looks to be a fair mark. The jockey booking of James McDonald is an interesting one. To small each way stakes that’ll do for me.

YERWANTHERE 1/2  point each way @15/2 bet365 1/5th 123456

The Duke Of Cambridge Stakes can go the way of the Ralph Beckett trained Prosperous Voyage with Frankie Dettori riding for his pal Andrew Rosen. He won a tad cosily at Epsom and has a solid chance with Jumbly looking the danger.

PROSPEROUS VOYAGE 2 points win @ 5/2 Coral

A real cracker of a race and one of the best of the week despite its small field. With only officially 2lb between six of the field. Luxembourg seems in a good place at present and with Ryan Moore on board a real bonus can fend off his old foe Bay Bridge with possibly Adayar his biggest danger. My Prospero will appreciate stepping up in trip after his fourth in the Lockinge and shouldn’t be quickly dismissed either.
A tough call but it’s Luxembourg for me.

LUXEMBOURG 1 point win @ 9/4 bet365

As always a cavalry charge up the straight mile with the draw always a major factor.
Recent years have suggested a high number are best but it’s not conclusive.
Perotto is well handicapped and has his conditions so should run well along with Point Lynas who is the only horse in the race who is officially ahead of his mark (by 3lb). The pick though is Daniel & Clare Kubler’s Astro King who’s been placed in this last two years and was unlucky at York last time.

ASTRO KING 1 point each way @12/1 Coral 1/5th 123456
GHALY 1/2 point each way @ 10/1 bet365 1/5th 123456

Gregory has plenty going for him and with the trip likely to draw further improvement out of the John & Thady Gosden trained Golden Horn three year old he is a confident selection to win the Queens Vase.

GREGORY 2 points win @ 7/4 bet365

Aidan O’Brien has some juvenile talent in his stables this season and can take the Windsor Castle Stakes with his once raced Johannes Brahms. He went off odds on on his debut when winning at Naas and the word is he’s rated second only to their Coventry runner River Tiber in the current pecking order.

JOHANNES BRAHMS 1 point win @ 5/1 Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.