Looking for value.

I used to do this with 16+ runners in handicaps paying 4 places at 1/4 odds. Did quite nicely but got bored waiting for 16 runner handicaps and the brown envelopes reducing it down to 15 runners and then just paying three turned me off it.

Those day seem  to have  gone as its all 1/5 odds now to place, but 11 runners some bookies pay 4. So I have been messing about in the evening races to see if there is any mileage with the 1/5 odds. NO MONEY on these yet.

Results TO DATE.

78 bets 152 pts staked.  168.20 pts returned
6 wins 22/1 14/1 16/1 14/1 10/1 8/1
12 placed 10/1 16/1 14/1 12/1 25/1 7/1 7/1 18/1 40/1 33/1 14/1 14/1 8/1 18/1 16/1 18/1

Tonight's nags. You will get 2 or 3 bets in some races as well. I will run it for a while and post my selections each day. All early BOG prices 1pt EW 

River Lyne @ 22/1
Chelmsford City 18:50 - Winner LOST
Captain Wentworth @ 7/1
Chelmsford City 18:50 - Winner |PLACED
Serengeti Sunset @ 7/1
Chelmsford City 19:20 - PLACED
Covert Legend @ 25/1
Chelmsford City 19:20 - Winner PLACED

Edited by padman

4 hours ago, calva decoy said:

I like to look for a horse to place on either flat or jumps at a double figure price to be placed when going up against an odds on shot .

I used to do this as well haha. Please put up any selections you find on here :)

Always looking for SOME value against the bookies.

13 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I run a similar system for large field handicaps where bookies pay 6 places. Races are few and far between but it has proved profitable. There are usually 6 selections in each race.

I will post selections on here as and when they arise.

Great look forward to seeing them 👍

A few for this afternoon. Again just in watching mode. 1pt EW

Werenotreallyhere @ 10/1
Thirsk 15:10 - Winner
Ginato @ 33/1
Thirsk 16:40 - Winner
Dora De Janeiro @ 16/1
Market Rasen 14:20 - Winner
Celestial Park @ 22/1
Market Rasen 14:20 - Winner
Runswick Bay @ 20/1
Market Rasen 14:50 - Winner
Impulsive One @ 16/1
Market Rasen 14:50 - Winner

I like to look for favourites in small field races that I think won't win ....... the reasoning being that favourites are more likely to be overbet in small fields because they only have 3, 4 or 5 rivals and the betting public think 'surely he'll win that, he's only got to beat 3 of them'

So if you can identify a false favourite the other horses might be good value ...... of course you still have to find one to beat the favourite and win

I guess you could say that it's the same as looking for a false favourite in a 16 runner race ....... but even if you identify one you've still got 15 others that might win !