** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WST Classic

Fader

Haven't had a great deal of time to look at this because of Cheltenham but here's ones I am going with at big prices. Of course Murphy has been incredible recently but I have him for the Worlds and so if he wins here then no problem. All PaddyPower. Who are 2 places like everybody else is for this. Imo it should be 4 places. It's one of the reasons i've not gone for short prices. You have to beat alot of players here.

1pt e/w Brecel 28/1 paddypower
1pt e/w Hawkins 28/1 paddypower
--------------------------------
0.5pts e/w O'Connor 66/1 paddypower
0.5pts e/w Gould 125/1 paddypower
0.5pts e/w Zhengyi 250/1 paddypower

Needle in a haystack situation(finding the winner here!) strange tournie starting on a Thursday and no spectators, is that right? Shame the Turkish masters couldn't find the money this year but I guess that's understandable. Maybe Jack will have a good run here, unlikely I know!

Well it feels like there hasn't been Snooker for ages but I think this one was created because of the lack of Turkish Masters. Likely alot of players will use this as prep for the Worlds, which starts in April. Some of the players have the Tour Championships and a few here will be trying to qualify for that, with this being their last chance. That's going to be motivation for them.

Example, Brecel needs to make Last 32. Lisowski needs a QF spot (but he faces Trump in the Last 16. Who needs to make the final. Here is all the ones that this matters most to :

Luca Brecel: Needs at least last 32
Jack Lisowski: Needs at least quarter-finals
Gary Wilson: Needs at least semi-finals
Judd Trump: Needs at least the final
Tom Ford: Needs at least the final
Joe O’Connor: Needs at least the final
Zhou Yuelong, Chris Wakelin, Mark Williams, Barry Hawkins, Xiao Guodong, Neil Robertson, Ronnie O’Sullivan, Noppon Saengkham and Anthony McGill all need the title.

With these in mind the only one that I was tempted with (that I haven't tipped up) is Gary Wilson, who on his day can win an event like this with a short format. He has Ronnie in his half of the draw though. He'd have to beat Ronnie or Williams aswell as Trump.

8 hours ago, charliepie said:

The race for the tour championship certainly makes it more interesting. I might even fork out a fiver to get access to Matchroom's coverage of this tournament.

yeah, i might do that for a month actually. Good call

infact, I just looked and it's a fiver for the event isn't it. Instead of monthly. 

Yes it seems to a fiver for the event(it indicates 15 days but the tournie finishes on Wednesday, maybe it covers the tour championship too) but also a fiver for a month's pass which seems a bit confusing? I wonder what the difference between the two is? Perhaps the only difference is the monthly one is recurring so you have to remember to cancel it. I'm inclined to just get the monthly deal as it's the same price.

Just signed up but the live stream is totally scrambled/unwatchable for some reason, hop it gets better soon!

Edited by charliepie

It works fine on android 11 but on 13 you get a message in the playstore that the app was designed for an older version of android, however you can google 'matchroom live apk' and download the 22MB file from apkpure or other repositories. I wonder if there's a device limit as I've now got it on 6 different things(iPad as well as 2 laptops and 3 phones)!

15 hours ago, charliepie said:

I was wondering why Mark King withdrew, seems he is suspended for losing this match 4-0 last month. You'd have thought he wouldn't try anything as the spotlight is on all those Chinese players at the moment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8tkWaxJJKM

Difference is with Mark King, he is a former gambling addict. I know this because a friend of mine used to go GA and spoke with him regularly. It's probably something I shouldn't mention but he's obviously fallen off the wagon. 

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Difference is with Mark King, he is a former gambling addict. I know this because a friend of mine used to go GA and spoke with him regularly. It's probably something I shouldn't mention but he's obviously fallen off the wagon. 

You should be alright there @Fader I'm sure it's fairly common knowledge about King.

5 hours ago, charliepie said:

Jimmy did well to get past Joe Perry, he looked very dapper in his fancy bow-tie and matching cufflinks too!

I think he was 3-0 down in the previous round to come back 4-3 too. Always great to see Jimmy do well.

Just a couple that I'm going to add because in these "first to 4s" I just think Trump is vulernable at that top half and if he loses then anybody makes the final from the top. I should have went with Gary Wilson early on, as mentioned, but now, at 25s, he's not worth it in my opinion. So I'm taking 2 from the top and 2 from the bottom at big prices.

1pt e/w Haotian to win WSTClassic 50/1 betfred
1pt e/w Gilbert to win WSTClassic 55/1 coral
------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Jiahui to win WSTClassic 80/1 betfred
0.5pts e/w Xu Si to win WSTClassic 300/1 coral