DAILY LUCKY 15

38 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Took your time getting there lad, Prizing you off those trixies was like trying shift chuddy gum off ya carpet. Strategy for winning on singles is about 40 hours a week, dedication, discipline and hard graft, it really is that simple.

Yes, but as you may well know I could spend 40 hours a week on it and still come up with losers.  The nearest I have seen to a betting strategy recently that makes level stakes profit is choosing 3 selections a day, one around 4/1 and another 5 to 6/1 as win bets and another ew bet at 10/1 plus.  Sometimes the 4/1 - 6/1 selection opposes a short-priced favourite.  This was for a "paid for" service and since I didn't want to spend £87.00 on it for the rest of the year I did not pursue it.  I like the idea of just finding 3 selections per day as this seems to be the "norm" with most tipster services these days.  However, for the time being, I will stick to having a lot of selections in L15s for very small stakes.  I will put 0.25 ew bets on long-priced outsiders sometimes though

19 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Yes, but as you may well know I could spend 40 hours a week on it and still come up with losers.  The nearest I have seen to a betting strategy recently that makes level stakes profit is choosing 3 selections a day, one around 4/1 and another 5 to 6/1 as win bets and another ew bet at 10/1 plus.  Sometimes the 4/1 - 6/1 selection opposes a short-priced favourite.  This was for a "paid for" service and since I didn't want to spend £87.00 on it for the rest of the year I did not pursue it.  I like the idea of just finding 3 selections per day as this seems to be the "norm" with most tipster services these days.  However, for the time being, I will stick to having a lot of selections in L15s for very small stakes.  I will put 0.25 ew bets on long-priced outsiders sometimes though

The only success you have had this year is a small stakes Lucky 15 which wiped all your loses for the year which i might point out I told you was your only option and the only way you was going to void those loses given everything you have said in the past. This very post you say you could spend 40 hours and still come up with losers (we all can btw). Then you waffle on about returning to 3 selections a day because "you like it" Well i like 6 selections a day in L63's but i know it will bankrupt me if i did it so i don't. The question that puzzles me is this, You eventually got the result you needed with the stakes you use so why would you now even be thinking of a different option? Your not going to spend 87 quid on a betting strategy and your certainly not going to start putting £5 singles on so you only actually have one option. "for the time being"? should that not read "from now on"?

21 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Are you still using the £25 per month racing database service? 

2.45 Nc Ambushed 8/1

4.10 Not Saisons D'or 11/1

5.30 Nm Dereham 6/1

7.00 Ham Rajmeister 9/4

1 x 0.10 w L15 + 1 x .025 ew Acca = 441.90 + 622.38 = poss ret 1064.28 for a 2 points stake

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 good winners and of course Paul Mulrenan let me down even for a place on Rajmeister backed into 6/4 favourite.  The return on the bet was 7.90 so a profit of 3.90 on the day for me

My YTD onL15's is 107.50 and my actual YTD profit is 8.54

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

15 minutes ago, roger2256 said:

In that case that's an expense that should  to be shown against any profit ( or loss ) in your accounts.  

At £1 a point you are effectively starting each month at - £25 

Thanks Roger.  I was hoping that you could recommend a way of using it profitably.  I have based my first L15 around some info from it.  There is so much in it, I need to capitalise on the info provided.

If I continue with it into July I will show it as a minus 25 at the start of July if this pleases you 🙂

29 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Thanks Roger.  I was hoping that you could recommend a way of using it profitably.  I have based my first L15 around some info from it.  There is so much in it, I need to capitalise on the info provided.

If I continue with it into July I will show it as a minus 25 at the start of July if this pleases you 🙂

Yes it does actually,  accurate records are a must . For your records you may wish to mark which ones you are using from the database to see if they are profitable. 

No one can tell you how to use the information,  you need to find what works for you and stick to it for a decent length of time . 

You have been shown how to bet , now you need to work on what to bet .

As a note . Betfair analysis video and key sat is all I use .

Example,  as I write this 14.25 Nottingham. 

Julie comacho 4 from 17 on firm or faster +£17 to a £1 stake . It wins @11/10  . OK this time it was a short price that's not the point.

If your picking a jockey , establish which trainer he does well for .

Some trainers use a particular jockey when they need to get a job done , note the overnight moves for that horse .

Above all don't get emotional,  a selection wins or it loses , that's it move on to the next selection, if, whens and maybe are the same as woulda, shoulda, coulda , not relevant 

Good luck in your quest 

12 minutes ago, roger2256 said:

Yes it does actually,  accurate records are a must . For your records you may wish to mark which ones you are using from the database to see if they are profitable. 

No one can tell you how to use the information,  you need to find what works for you and stick to it for a decent length of time . 

You have been shown how to bet , now you need to work on what to bet .

As a note . Betfair analysis video and key sat is all I use .

Example,  as I write this 14.25 Nottingham. 

Julie comacho 4 from 17 on firm or faster +£17 to a £1 stake . It wins @11/10  . OK this time it was a short price that's not the point.

If your picking a jockey , establish which trainer he does well for .

Some trainers use a particular jockey when they need to get a job done , note the overnight moves for that horse .

Above all don't get emotional,  a selection wins or it loses , that's it move on to the next selection, if, whens and maybe are the same as woulda, shoulda, coulda , not relevant 

Good luck in your quest 

https://www.oncourseprofits.com/horseracebase-review-part-1/

Having a look at this

Many thanks for your helpful advice

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

:sadMust have been reading my analysis of bookies' profit margins from those bonuses yesterday! :lol

I have been very aware and mentioned it before about Bookies  reading everything on this site and sites like this, that is why i have cut down on posting Lucky 15's if they identify anyone that is successful (and spreading that success) they will probably restrict the accounts especially where large stakes are used or they are paying out on particular accounts on a more than acceptable frequency. the biggest problem that the big high street bookies have had in the last few years is the restrictions/loss of the high stakes roulette et al machines. This killed a good chunk of their margins the Betting on horses and sports had become relatively secondary to these machines so it was inevitable that they would start to tighten their belts.

7 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

https://www.oncourseprofits.com/horseracebase-review-part-1/

Having a look at this

Many thanks for your helpful advice

Is this how you spend those 20+ hours you said you put in routing through these systems et al? Because if it is you are on a hiding to nothing believe me. If i had a successful system the last thing i would do is publish it to make money i would use the system to make money. Big clue there, if they worked there would be no bookies left.

I've just had what I modestly think is a brilliant idea! :unsure Not sure if it would even be legal but I think it has some merit.

I'll spare you the full reverie that lead me to it but it was basically thinking about the notion of paying £25 per month for a betting tool which is not something I'd so, whether a tipping service or a data tool. I was going to jokingly offer @The Equaliser to either provide him with my "best" bets for £25 per month or to pay him that to put them on for me (to get round the limits I'm subject to).

The idea? Where an account becomes limited the bookies offer to reinstate the account in return for a monthly fee! I reckon I've got a few accounts where I'd readily pay £25 per month to be able to get my desired stakes on (and my desired stakes are by no means excessive). I have one account that is now limited where I'd gladly pay £100 per month to go back to the previous terms. I'm sure there would be a price point where there's a fair fee; the bookie gets a guaranteed income whether you bet/win or not and you take the chance that your previous edge continues.

I know it's leftfield to say the least but what do you think of the idea? Are there any accounts that you'd be willing to pay a fee for to have a on a "day 1" unrestricted basis?

Newmarket

3.45 Glistened/ Midsummer music

Nottingham

4. 10 -  Nine Elms

Newcastle

3.55 Reclaim Victory

4.30 Desert Games

Leicester

6.45 Yoshimi

7.45 Apache Star

Hamilton Park

7.30 Carnival Times 125/1

7.30 Star of Markinch 80/1

Edited by Libby48

29 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

I know it's leftfield to say the least but what do you think of the idea? Are there any accounts that you'd be willing to pay a fee for to have a on a "day 1" unrestricted basis?

I'd probably go with Sky 

Are you suggesting asking the bookies for this or asking for somebody to put the bets on for you ?

1 minute ago, MCLARKE said:

I'd probably go with Sky 

Are you suggesting asking the bookies for this or asking for somebody to put the bets on for you ?

365 have a rule if it is found that you have put bets on for others you are dead. Odd seeing as they offered good money for people to put bets on on behalf of others in the Grand National.

4 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

I'm not suggesting asking them it just struck me as a notion that I'd never even heard mentioned before, even in jest. I'm sure it could work on a practical level but no doubt there would be hurdles to be overcome. I could think of another firm I'd pay £500 to reopen my account and £100 per month for a "no restrictions" commitment! I suppose it's a bit like the BF premium charge to some extent. If you're "too good" (by the bookie's harsh definition) you have to pay to keep the same service rather than having it arbitrarily taken away from you.

As for getting someone else to put bets on for me there are all sorts of legal and practical considerations around that but from a purely theoretical viewpoint it would be worth the money. If you're limited to 30% of your desired stakes (and profits) then there's plenty of room for manoeuvre!

3 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

I'm not suggesting asking them it just struck me as a notion that I'd never even heard mentioned before, even in jest. I'm sure it could work on a practical level but no doubt there would be hurdles to be overcome. I could think of another firm I'd pay £500 to reopen my account and £100 per month for a "no restrictions" commitment! I suppose it's a bit like the BF premium charge to some extent. If you're "too good" (by the bookie's harsh definition) you have to pay to keep the same service rather than having it arbitrarily taken away from you.

As for getting someone else to put bets on for me there are all sorts of legal and practical considerations around that but from a purely theoretical viewpoint it would be worth the money. If you're limited to 30% of your desired stakes (and profits) then there's plenty of room for manoeuvre!

You are almost asking the bookmakers to act as bookmakers and take a gamble. Don't think they'd go for it to be honest.

If this lucky 15 bet turns out to be as successful as we believe it might be worthwile to ask relatives / friends to open accounts and put bets on.

I don't see how the bookies could get you for asking others to put bets on for you, how would they prove it ?

Most of my betting is now on the exchanges and I expect ultimately all my betting will end up there.

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

I have been very aware and mentioned it before about Bookies  reading everything on this site and sites like this, that is why i have cut down on posting Lucky 15's if they identify anyone that is successful (and spreading that success) they will probably restrict the accounts especially where large stakes are used or they are paying out on particular accounts on a more than acceptable frequency.

Are you suggesting we keep quiet about our successful systems / selections ?