DAILY LUCKY 15

Two L15's & win Accas today

2.15 Hex Pipers cross 10/3

3.35 Ffos Royal dream 3/1

3.45 Pont Mauna Loa 10/3

6.45 Pont Manila Scouse 7/2

1 x 0.10 w L15 = 78.12 and 1 x 0.50 w acc 169.00 = 2 points

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.05 Ffos Amazonian Dream 9/2

4.15 Pont My Little Queens 17/2

5.15 Pont Cold Henry 7/2

5.45 Pont Tamilla 13/2

1 x 0.10 win L15 318.96 & 0.50 win acca 881.71 = 2 points

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total = 4 points

3 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I'm surprised you had two odds on shots in there after your earlier comments

Context, "most" of my comments. Well it was one of my systems and its just how it panned out luckily the 50/1 shot was also part of it and gave it a boost but the 11/1 Young Merlin winner was a notebook horse from the past i was surprised it has returned to uk for jumping and its price so included that for a beef up of the bet. interesting that 4 of 5 shortened and 1 remained the same and i don't need to tell you anything about value. Even me if i can get 10/11 about what i consider a 1/2 shot i would be fool not to take it unless i had good reason. the other thing is i advise "newbies" not to do it because it isn't viable unless they know what they are doing. Also i have actually said on here that 50/1 9/2 11/1 and  shorties (favs) type of bet is ok, whereas 4 or 5 favs is a disaster on a lucky 15/31. i would suggest to you that if your prices are low for the stakes you are using then it would be wiser to either increase your stakes or move up to Lucky31 but i suppose that your still experimenting and the deviations in stakes/bett ype would bugger your data up a tad.

4 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

i would suggest to you that if your prices are low for the stakes you are using then it would be wiser to either increase your stakes or move up to Lucky31 but i suppose that your still experimenting and the deviations in stakes/bett ype would bugger your data up a tad.

I've  now had 263 L15s since I started analysing my data so I might start to have a 20p L15 on those odds which are proving most profitable (10/1 to 20/1).

I am still a little nervous about the benefits of L15s despite all the evidence (I am showing a ROI of 74% compared to a loss at LSP). It appears the only logical bet to make with standard bookmakers but I have never read anybody advocating it apart from you, indeed most "experts" advise betting singles only.

I will stick to lucky 15s because I think the edge on these is better than the edge on L31s (although I haven't done the maths to prove it).

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

I've  now had 263 L15s since I started analysing my data so I might start to have a 20p L15 on those odds which are proving most profitable (10/1 to 20/1).

I am still a little nervous about the benefits of L15s despite all the evidence (I am showing a ROI of 74% compared to a loss at LSP). It appears the only logical bet to make with standard bookmakers but I have never read anybody advocating it apart from you, indeed most "experts" advise betting singles only.

I will stick to lucky 15s because I think the edge on these is better than the edge on L31s (although I haven't done the maths to prove it).

I would suggest you have had too many in a short time frame. It would take a very long reply to outline all my reasons and logic and it would need to be quite thorough but i will sit and see if i can highlight how i do things and the various criteria i use. But one thing i will say is the "experts" advice of singles only goes back to pre computers where a winning gambler would wait at the station for the Sporting Life to come off the train then do his analysis, Job one would be which race to bet in, then go to the track where he would avoid the tax because his margins would always be much less than 10% as you know, with computers we now have the luxury of being able to analyse more races with double, triple and or more time frame with tonnes more data so it seems logical that if you have a good day on singles (think about your successful L15, class races, class horses it wasn't just luck was it? ) then that directly tells you what you would have missed out on with singles only. Just one other thing, Ask yourself. What is your strongest data point for selecting a successful horse to back in a single? As for L15 v lucky 31/63 depends on how "few" horses you come up with on a given day.

2 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

As for L15 v lucky 31/63 depends on how "few" horses you come up with on a given day.

I am "lucky" in that I normally have a lot of selections each day (30 today) although I only have serious bets on a few of them.

3 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

(think about your successful L15, class races, class horses it wasn't just luck was it? )

My biggest win so far was a treble at Leicester. A lot of my bets tend to be in lower class handicaps. 

My ROI since I started doing L15s is 268%, long term I would be happy to achieve anything above 3% so there has been a fair slice of luck so far.

Again, though, I am grateful to you for opening my eyes about L15s. 

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

My ROI since I started doing L15s is 268%, long term I would be happy to achieve anything above 3% so there has been a fair slice of luck so far.

What's your current overall ROI for level stakes singles and the average odds? I'll run it through the spreadsheet to see what you're return would be from L15s with average luck. As you say, I suspect you're doing better than average due to the frequency of decent wins you've experienced so far.