DAILY LUCKY 15

16 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

am having a bit of fun with his selections and trying to build a growth fund from a 200-point bank by placing 5% stakes on his selections on the previous day(s) balance.  However, when the big dog had only 5 pts on the horse I wasn't about to put 11 points to win on myself.

Why  ?? If your strategy is 5% what others bet is irrelevant.  Maybe at some point you will learn to understand correct staking it's another reason you will always lose , 24pts theoretically lost . You bet with scared money.  Prime example today  1pt  win , 8 advised , an ew bet when straight win advised . Scared money , scared to lose 

46 minutes ago, roger2256 said:

Why  ?? If your strategy is 5% what others bet is irrelevant.  Maybe at some point you will learn to understand correct staking it's another reason you will always lose , 24pts theoretically lost . You bet with scared money.  Prime example today  1pt  win , 8 advised , an ew bet when straight win advised . Scared money , scared to lose 

In theory I should have placed 48 points today (4 x 12).  You are right I am scared about upping the ante with my bets.  ATM I am betting with RW profits which were around 40 points at the start of the day.  @richard-westwood has changed tack today by arranging his bets so as to make the same profit whichever horse wins.  He has not done this before.  He usually has straight amounts on each horse.  There is nothing wrong with what he is doing but I hate putting extra money on short-priced favourites; this is usually a bad idea and when I have tried this in the past I have built up losses.  Hence I just had a cover bet on the horse and hoped his other selection would win. He was unlucky with Spirit Catcher as the horse got carried out by a riderless horse.  I make it that he lost -30.29 points today.  I lost -7.07 points (should have been -8.07 but I forgot to back Meisher to place).  I suppose I'm a bit like the cowardly lion in The Wizard of Oz who sought courage.  I didn't want to squander my 40 points profit in one day so please forgive me

7 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

At least you make a decent profit for the double

Yep like i say you only need one winner to make a profit like the second Lucky 15 i posted, 6 on 10 back. first one 6 on 45 back, point being we can and i often do say shudda cudda wudda so its all about sticking to your philosophy. i have said many times just imagine missing out on a bet of a lifetime and how you would feel and how long that would stay with you. It is impossible to get 4 from 4 without the first 2 or 3 winning and that's how the bookies play with your head by dangling the carrot. Lees got an allotment he just luurves those carrots 🤣😁 and fair play to him he doesn't hide from it because i think he is the type of bloke that can get over it in a short time, me i would still be scowling in my grave. 😁

Edited by Zilzalian

With my very limited knowledge of jump racing (and before any one else says it, the same goes for flat racing) and with only a few races to look through, here's a L-15 cause i was bored. 

1420 S - Born To Please 

1452 S - Top Man  

1622 S - Magistrato 

1710 NA - Master Mead 

Prices have changed slightly so have left them off, but they're going down, so i suppose that's a good sign.  

5 hours ago, LeMale said:

With my very limited knowledge of jump racing (and before any one else says it, the same goes for flat racing) and with only a few races to look through, here's a L-15 cause i was bored. 

1420 S - Born To Please 

1452 S - Top Man  

1622 S - Magistrato 

1710 NA - Master Mead 

Prices have changed slightly so have left them off, but they're going down, so i suppose that's a good sign.  

Useless!!! And for my next Lucky 15 i'll be using Greyhounds! 🤪

14 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Is there any greyhound meetings/venues left? the anti's managed to close down Belle Vue Manchester

I live in between two, Crayford and Sittingbourne but haven't gone for years. (i think they're both still open) Group of us used to go 4-5 times a year, mainly for a beer and scampi in a basket, but used to be quite a fun night out. 

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

Sheffield (Owlerton) is busy Saturday night, not sure how well it does the rest of the week

Yes as @LeMale says it was a good night out for a group or individual great food basically a good local pub but with a bit of betting. Works xmas parties were very popular at the dogs as were birthdays anniversaries etc. I think the welsh are well along the way to banning it at the moment but the antis managed to close Belle Vue down and they will be working on most the tracks now putting dogs to death and people out of work. Funny story- a woman was arguing with me one day that dogs were not meant to run around such tight turns so i asked her how many hares and rabbits ran in a straight line and she went into melt down.

Edited by Zilzalian

9 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

couple of close ones 

image.png.4e9d478373a9d5201d98133a0bf69aa7.png

Screenshot 2023-07-24 220002.png

cant find any point at which heritage house was 200/1 so thats a bit of a mystery any ideas anyone?

shortest prices again were losers heroism 2nd was annoying because i could have quite easily backed the winner on a different day.

One place 2 days ago, two placed yesterday, both losses. (thought Clownsman was drawn in 1 yesterday, was 10 or 11, have cleaned the glasses today) Irish today not ew. 

1715 - Indispensable  @ 6-1 

1745 - Lovejoy  @ 12-1 (but is/was 18's with others)

1855 - Patrick Street  @ 9-1 

2030 - Facethepuckout  @ 6-1 

2 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Could do with a decent return, current drawdown over £100

I have had a terrible couple of months but last 3 days things are starting to move in right direction . Was about this time last year that i had a great 4 months fingers crossed for some more 🤞👍

4 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

I have had a terrible couple of months but last 3 days things are starting to move in right direction . Was about this time last year that i had a great 4 months fingers crossed for some more 🤞👍

I can't grumble. Overall I have made a profit every month this year and I'm on track for my best year ever.