** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Naps - Tuesday 29th November

3 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Wolverhampton 3.50

Again, not a bet I will be putting money on but as part of my challenge for the most winners table. I would have gone for the shortest priced favourite but I don't want to copy @Alastairand be found guilty of breaching my own rules !

WOLVERHAMPTON 3.50

NEVER DARK 6/1 EW

BET365

You could have gone for the 1/3 shot that has just got beat at Ayr. In fact, why oh why could you not have done so !

32 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Wolverhampton 3.50

Again, not a bet I will be putting money on but as part of my challenge for the most winners table. I would have gone for the shortest priced favourite but I don't want to copy @Alastairand be found guilty of breaching my own rules !

WOLVERHAMPTON 3.50

NEVER DARK 6/1 EW

BET365

Has anyone ever reached the required £10 profit PURELY by backing odds on favourites in the comp?  I know that many PL members, including Alastair get to the required £10 profit by backing odds against selections and then proceed to back the odds on shots for the rest of the month which is not the same thing.  Good luck with your selection, I think you need a small mix of odds against winners to win the comp

Edited by The Equaliser

10 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Has anyone ever reached the required £10 profit PURELY by backing odds on favourites in the comp?  I know that many PL members, including Alastair get to the required £10 profit by backing odds against selections and then proceed to back the odds on shots for the rest of the month which is not the same thing.  Good luck with your selection, I think you need a small mix of odds against winners to win the comp

I don't think they will have done. I can't remember the precise number but I think the record number of winners in a month is 22. If the selector was having a selection every day in a 31 day month the 9 losers would have meant the winners would have to average odds of around 10/11, which is not going to happen

1 hour ago, Alastair said:

You could have gone for the 1/3 shot that has just got beat at Ayr. In fact, why oh why could you not have done so !

The best odds were not available with one of the bookmakers allowed so I could not bring myself to back a horse that logically to me was not value.

I have picked a horse in a 8 runner race with odds closest to 11/2. In hindsight I shouldn't really have picked an each way shot, probably have been better going with another short priced favourite.

I'm probably over thinking this but I'm desperate to win a prize, it's a bit embarassing that I still haven't won one.

55 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

It's possible but unlikely. You probably need 1 good winner and then plenty of odds on shots.

3 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

The best odds were not available with one of the bookmakers allowed so I could not bring myself to back a horse that logically to me was not value.

I have picked a horse in a 8 runner race with odds closest to 11/2. In hindsight I shouldn't really have picked an each way shot, probably have been better going with another short priced favourite.

I'm probably over thinking this but I'm desperate to win a prize, it's a bit embarassing that I still haven't won one.

Haha, you picked the right one anyway.  If you had picked the short priced favourite you would have lost