** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis Tips - October 24 - October 30

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

From round one, I very much like Tiafoe to beat Hurkacz at 2.20 with Unibet. He's the defending finalist here, and he's had enough time off to be focused for the campaign. I see this as a 50/50 affair, really.

I'd like to go with you here Czech but what puts me off is how utterly dire Tiafoe was in his last match vs Ruusovorri, he was shocking! Maybe you're right though, he'll have points to defend and good memories of doing well here last year, so perhaps he'll play like we know he can! 

Gabriel Diallo to beat Enzo Couacaud at 2.1 with bet365

Diallo has a career-high ranking of #250 while his opponent stands at #183. They played their first match very recently at Fairfield (USA), where the young Canadian was able to win in straight sets (7-6, 7-5). What impressed me the most in this match was, Diallo's ability to win over 80% of his first serve points. It was a mentally demanding match for the big guy (2.01m.), as he had to capitalize on the big win he scored against Ben - next best (American) thing - Shelton (7-5, 6-7, 3-6). Now Couacaud is of course way more established and can definitely bounce back with a revenge victory tonight, but the belief should be there for Gabriel I think. Let's hope he does it again.

Good luck.

3 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Well now I'm tempted by Linette, but boy, was that a bad performance by Fernandez. What I like more, however, is Medvedev to beat Sinner at 1.47 with UnibetSinner looked a bit shaky yesterday, and Medvedev has been turning things around since Metz.

I saw both players' last matches and I agree. I really like how Medvedev played against Thiem. Thiem played really well but he still lost in 2 sets. Sinner was not comfortable at all against Fran. I even had the feeling that he could lose against him despite the odds. Sinner had to face a break point in the first set when the score was 4-4... 

Maybe the best option here is Medvedev to win the whole thing at 2.62 with bet365. Despite Sinner's problems to beat Fran, IMO he's still the bigger threat to Medvedev.

Medvedev will face Giron or Dimitrov in the SFs. I'm impressed with how Dimitrov played against Rublev, but Grigor was playing crap before coming here and a couple of good matches do not change that. Giron is playing good and he's dangerous on indoors, but Medvedev is out of his league.

Evans, Shapo, Coric or Hubi in the Final. Medvedev would be a strong favourite against any of them. 

Hubi is still alive only thanks to his big serve (I have seen him really nervous, probably due to the fact that he's playing for a place for the ATP Finals).

Coric is playing good but he's still far from his best form and his main target is the Davis Cup Final.

Evans and Shapo are playing really good but I don't see them beating Medvedev. Daniil has beat Shapo in straight sets the last 3 times they have played and also beat Evans (3-0) when they met in the US Open 2021, which is the only time they have played before.

If you think Medvedev will beat Sinner then I think you should take him to win the whole thing.