** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

World Matchplay

Fader

This gets underway Saturday through to the 24th.

Tends to be a player who has consistency to win this, as it's a "first to 10 legs" round 1 format, "First to 11" round 2 and then into a best of 32 legs, 34 and then 37 in the final. 

We've seen MVG, Taylor, Anderson, Cross, Van Den Bergh and Wright win this in the last 6 renewals and that shows the quality level of the winner. Very much like a "Masters" of Darts. 

I think Peter Wright will win this one. He has had a pretty rubbish year but when you look at the last couple of Players Championships, you will see him hitting 100+ averages regularly and that's a good sign, here. I reckon he comes into this in a better position than the likes of MVG, Price or Clayton. Will be interesting to see how Smith goes and Van Den Bergh always goes well here. However, his form hasn't been that solid over the last 12 months.

My 2nd "serious" selection is Luke Humphries. He has come into his own in the past 3 months and has won a multitude of PDC events. He needs to hit the ground running here with a big TV win. Both single bets as I don't think the winner will come from the bottom half.

Finally, to add abit of typical high priced options for you, I will give you 1 half decent mid-range shout and that's Danny Noppert. He seems to get better with every event on the TV stage and looks a bit of value at 33s. The other 2 are both 100+/1 shots who are both on fire at the Players Championships. Will they bottle it on the big stage? probably. Are they 100+/1 shots? Nope. Adrian Lewis and Andrew Gilding.

3pts Wright to win World Matchplay 8/1 bet365
2pts Humphries to win World Matchplay 12/1 betfred
------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w Noppert to win World Matchplay 33/1 betfred
0.5pts e/w Lewis to win World Matchplay 100/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w Gilding to win World Matchplay 125/1 betvictor

6 hours ago, Fader said:

This gets underway Saturday through to the 24th.

Tends to be a player who has consistency to win this, as it's a "first to 10 legs" round 1 format, "First to 11" round 2 and then into a best of 32 legs, 34 and then 37 in the final. 

We've seen MVG, Taylor, Anderson, Cross, Van Den Bergh and Wright win this in the last 6 renewals and that shows the quality level of the winner. Very much like a "Masters" of Darts. 

I think Peter Wright will win this one. He has had a pretty rubbish year but when you look at the last couple of Players Championships, you will see him hitting 100+ averages regularly and that's a good sign, here. I reckon he comes into this in a better position than the likes of MVG, Price or Clayton. Will be interesting to see how Smith goes and Van Den Bergh always goes well here. However, his form hasn't been that solid over the last 12 months.

My 2nd "serious" selection is Luke Humphries. He has come into his own in the past 3 months and has won a multitude of PDC events. He needs to hit the ground running here with a big TV win. Both single bets as I don't think the winner will come from the bottom half.

Finally, to add abit of typical high priced options for you, I will give you 1 half decent mid-range shout and that's Danny Noppert. He seems to get better with every event on the TV stage and looks a bit of value at 33s. The other 2 are both 100+/1 shots who are both on fire at the Players Championships. Will they bottle it on the big stage? probably. Are they 100+/1 shots? Nope. Adrian Lewis and Andrew Gilding.

3pts Wright to win World Matchplay 8/1 bet365
2pts Humphries to win World Matchplay 12/1 betfred
------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w Noppert to win World Matchplay 33/1 betfred
0.5pts e/w Lewis to win World Matchplay 100/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w Gilding to win World Matchplay 125/1 betvictor

I’m not sure you’ve described the format correctly at all?! It seems a bit all over the place, if that’s the format! Why are some rounds ‘best of’ and some rounds ‘first to’? Also, why are some rounds ‘best of’ an even number, and some rounds ‘best of’ an odd number?

1 hour ago, GhostLetter said:

I’m not sure you’ve described the format correctly at all?! It seems a bit all over the place, if that’s the format! Why are some rounds ‘best of’ and some rounds ‘first to’? Also, why are some rounds ‘best of’ an even number, and some rounds ‘best of’ an odd number?

ah yeah, the numbers are wrong on the rounds. Here we are :

Round 1 - first to 10 (best of 19)
Round 2 - first to 11 (best of 21)
Quarter Finals - first to 16 (best of 31)
Semi-Finals - first to 17 (best of 33)
Final - first to 18 (best of 35)

1 hour ago, GhostLetter said:

Feeling better??

1 hour ago, Fader said:

ah yeah, the numbers are wrong on the rounds. Here we are :

Round 1 - first to 10 (best of 19)
Round 2 - first to 11 (best of 21)
Quarter Finals - first to 16 (best of 31)
Semi-Finals - first to 17 (best of 33)
Final - first to 18 (best of 35)

And, I think, must be won by two clear legs? (With a single-leg tie-break after a certain amount of extra legs?)

Or have they got rid of that format? I seem to remember they dropped that at some point, but I’m not sure if that was a temporary, Covid-related reason, or a permanent decision?

completion of the first round tonight. Couple I am going for.

First bet is Chizzy to beat Huybrechts and also hit the most 180s. Chisnall is a 180 powerhouse and most times out he wins in the 180s head-to-head. In reality, I think the 10/11 is a bet for him to win. The other two that I'm going for are for 2 outsiders. Schindler has the ability on his day to beat Price. Added price with the 180s, of which when Price isn't playing very well (like he isn't) the 180s seem to fail first. Final bet is Clemens to win and hit most 180s too. Again, De Sousa form not good recently and his 180s are now on par with Clemens and so that 5/1 could be big.

5.5pts Chisnall to beat Huybrechts AND hit the most 180s 10/11 paddypower
2pts Schindler to beat Price AND hit the most 180s 9/2 paddypower
1pt Clemens to beat De Sousa AND hit the most 180s 5/1 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------
1pt 4-fold - Cross / Schindler / Clemens and Chizzy all to win 12.5/1 paddypower

poor lastnight. What's happened to Chizzys scoring. He is more interested in the 19s nowadays and he really needs to sort his style out. Snaps way too much. Anyway, onto tonight and Cullen has to be a good shout tonight. MVG, I still can't take right now. Surgery puts a big dent in your practice and the way he played against Lewis didn't inspire me. 

4pts Cullen to beat MVG 6/4 paddypower
1pt treble Cullen to win and hit most 180s / Aspinall to win and hit most 180s / Van Den Bergh to win and hit most 180s 12/1 paddypower

We're down to the Quarter Finals and we have Peter Wright and Danny Noppert left. Wright takes on Van Den Bergh tonight and I think he will get over the line with a few legs to spare. PP are offering MVG and Wright both to win at 9/4 and I think my main bet tonight will be just that.

4pts MVG and Wright double 9/4 paddypower

I was going to take Noppert/Price lastnight but was worried id put the mockers on Noppert :D 

MVG/Price likely. yes but for me, I have Noppert e/w to win this match really and so just a few match bets for me and they're all in the Noppert/Price match. 

4pts Both players to throw 9 or more 180s 5/2 paddypower
2pts Each player to throw 9+ 180s and each player to hit 2+ 100+ checkouts 7/2 paddypower
1pt 19+ 180s in the match. 8+ 100+ checkout and 2 or more legs on the Bull 25/1 paddypower

Looking at the final tonight, I fancy Price to win, although I expect it will be tight. 

180s could go either way, but in the checkouts department, Price has been superior to MVG. 

With that, I'm going for the 15/8 with Skybet  (also with Bet365) for Price to win with highest checkout.

Edited by amity

I can't pick anything at the moment but for me, it's all about Price tonight and I think he will win with a good few legs to spare, too. He was ridiculous last night and hit his 9 darter and then another 180 straight after. Noppert was hitting a 100+ average and was still getting blown away. I'm going with the following :

4pts Price (-3.5 legs) to beat MVG 11/8 paddypower
3pts Price to win, hit the most 180s and highest checkout 4/1 paddypower
2pts Price to hit 13+ 180s and 2+ 100+ checkouts 7/1 skybet
------------------------------------------------
1pt Over 29.5 legs, MVG 9+180s and highest checkout UNDER 130.5. Price 11+ 180s and highest checkout OVER 130.5 14/1 skybet
1pt Price to win and hit a 9 Darter 33/1 skybet