** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

RACING CHAT - WEDNESDAY 29TH JUNE 2022

Good evening all. Yesterday was tough to take with Ghaly and Mr Yeats both going closest to winning their respective races. We go again today with the selections from Worcester, Kempton, Bath and Thirsk. Hopefully a bit more luck on our side.

TK

NAP

3-00 Worcester

Rookie Trainer made the most of a return to hurdles last time when beating Nelson’s Rock by two lengths over this course and distance. He cut no mustard when given three spins over fences prior to that and clearly relished the smaller obstacles. Despite being raised five pounds by the handicapper for that success, Neil Mulholland clearly has him in good heart and no reason to think he cannot run well again. Kevin Brogan keeps the ride on the eight-year-old and with the ground still on the good side, the pair look a force to be reckoned with.

Treble

6-00 Kempton

Eternal Pearl looks to have been given a decent chance to finally shed her maiden status at the fourth attempt. The daughter of Frankel was a beaten favourite at Newbury last time, however she was not disgraced on that occasion. Prior to that she was only narrowly denied in a Listed race at Goodwood when beaten by Sea Silk Road. Without a shadow of a doubt she brings the best form to the table here and she should prove too tough for the opposition.

6-30 Kempton

Dubai Welcome was fancied to run well despite twenty months off the track at Kempton 4 weeks ago. He proved that he retained all of his ability as he finished a good second to Pearl Beach. The five-year-old is still far from exposed having only had a handful of runs in his career and there is surely more to come from the son of Dubawi. Ray Dawson has a 36% strike rate when riding for Saeed Bin Suroor and the pair look certain to go close. Dubai Welcome has run well around here in the past and he can give all of his rivals a bloody nose here.

7-50 Bath

Tribuna Uffizi looked to be an unlucky loser when attempting to supplement his recent win at Windsor when lining up at Leicester just a couple of weeks later. He endured a troubled passage and lost out by the narrowest of margins to Thunder Flash. George Scott has found a race filled with rivals who are terribly out of sorts and who have already endured a somewhat disappointing season. There is still the possibility of further improvement from this four-year-old gelding and no surprise if he finds the winning habit once again.

Singles

2-20 Thirsk

Photograph looked as though he was running back into some sort of form when last seen out at Ripon a fortnight ago. He is beginning to look dangerously well handicapped and now takes another step down in grade. Despite top weight, unlike most of rivals these he at least hinted that the spark still flickered and Declan Carroll will be hoping that Harrison Shaw can re-ignite the enthusiasm of his five-year-old. This is low grade stuff and it may not take much winning, so he has to be of serious interest.

2-50 Thirsk

Brazen Idol was unfortunate not to win at Wolverhampton last week and was only touched off by the narrowest of margins. Despite fluffing his lines when slow to break, if getting away on terms today he ought to prove a tough nut to crack. He gets in near the foot of the handicap and now has the assistance of Cieren Fallon in the saddle. Not many of these are in any sort of form and if repeating the same sort of efforts, he has been showing on recent starts, he ought to go very close here.

4-10 Worcester

Jessica Rabbit returned to winning ways in impressive fashion over two-and-a-half miles at Uttoxeter two weeks ago and a six-pound rise for that win may not be enough to stop the eight-year-old this afternoon. That most recent run came following a seven-month lay-off and she has to command respect with her yard in such excellent form. She has absolutely no issues with the trip or the good ground and young Liam Harrison has been called upon to ride as he can take a useful three pounds off her back. Likely to go extremely well.

7-30 Kempton

Moel Arthur has already shown his appreciation for this type of surface as he showed when winning at Lingfield back in February. He was short of room at a crucial stage but still posted a career-best effort when runner-up at Sandown last time when chasing home High Wells. He commands plenty of respect back on the all-weather.

8-00 Kempton

Captain’s Bar finds himself in this low grade affair carrying top weight. He capitalised on the drop in grade when winning a six-runner seller at Lingfield over six furlongs just under a fortnight ago. He was value for extra having covered more ground than most on that occasion and Richard Hannon now calls upon a seven-pound claimer to alleviate some of the pressure. Many of his rivals here are not in the best of form and no surprise to see him take full advantage.

Quite how Bet365 made The Big Sting a 6/1 shot for the 1.30 at Worcester this afternoon I don't know. He's 6/8 in points the season just gone so that alone made me think he would be a fairly short priced favourite. Then when you look at the fact in his last one he stuffed Port O'Clock by 20L and that one landed an Exeter hunter chase in April and went very close to landing a handicap at Worcester a couple of weeks ago off 100. The Big Sting has a mark of 90 for this race so that form alone gives him a massive chance here. His other form is good and even the 2 2nds are very good pieces of form in the context of this race. One of the horses who beat him was Indirocco who we know ran well in a couple of hunter chases this year. He could have been found a weaker race to be fair as a few of these come here in good form and the main danger for me is probably Ballymilan who looks like there could well be more to come having won his last two. Basically though if The Big Sting shows his pointing form then he really ought to win and I still think the price is value.

The Big Sting @ 7/4 with Bet365, Paddy Power, Betfair and BetVictor

1.30 Worc The Big Sting 6/4 (3pts win at 3.12)

2.40 Muss Termonator 15/8

3.00 worc Dalkintown 5/2

3.15 Muss Challet 7/2

6 x 0.5 win doubles. 4 x 0.5 win trebles and 1 0.5 win fourfold = 5.50 stakes; poss return 160.63

Other single = 3.00 Worc Starsky 1 pt win at 11.5

Total stakes so far = 9.50

Poss back later with evening selections

Disappointing run by The Big Sting

1.50 Thirsk 3 points win on Fiery Bond at 6.4.  Looks like the market have snubbed this as Michael Dods is out of form.  However, the horse appears to have the scope to show better improvement over Jim's Cracker

12.5 stakes so far

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had 1 pt to win on Chalet at 8.00.  Looks as though the wheels have come off

13.5 stakes so far

Edited by The Equaliser

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

1.30 Worc The Big Sting 6/4 (3pts win at 3.12)

2.40 Muss Termonator 15/8

3.00 worc Dalkintown 5/2

3.15 Muss Challet 7/2

6 x 0.5 win doubles. 4 x 0.5 win trebles and 1 0.5 win fourfold = 5.50 stakes; poss return 160.63

Other single = 3.00 Worc Starsky 1 pt win at 11.5

Total stakes so far = 9.50

Poss back later with evening selections

Disappointing run by The Big Sting

1.50 Thirsk 3 points win on Fiery Bond at 6.4.  Looks like the market have snubbed this as Michael Dods is out of form.  However, the horse appears to have the scope to show better improvement over Jim's Cracker

12.5 stakes so far

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had 1 pt to win on Chalet at 8.00.  Looks as though the wheels have come off

13.5 stakes so far

I don't think I could have got my betting more wrong if I tried today.  I got annoyed earlier and revenge bets seldom work out.  I will have a go at this evening's meeting to see if I can redeem some losses.

5.20 Bath Pastfact 9/2

7.20 Bath Zulu Tracker 13/8

7.50 Bath Tribuna Ufizzi 15/8

7.30 Km Moel Arthur 13/8

6 x 0.5 win dbles. 4 x 0.5 win trebles and 1 0.5 fourfold = 5.50 pts with a possible return of 158.11

Some singles:

5.50 Bath Newyorkstateofmind 1 pt win at 7.4

7.20 Bath Lermontov 1 pt win at 15.5

8.20 Bath Too Shy Shy 1 pt win at 8.8

7.00 Km Toronado Grey 0.5 pts win at 9/1 and Billy Mill 0.5 win at 12/1

8.00 Km Masterclas 0.5 win at 13/2 and Accelerando 0.5 pts win at 10/1

= 10 points staked

Total for the day = 23.5 stakes

6 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I don't think I could have got my betting more wrong if I tried today.  I got annoyed earlier and revenge bets seldom work out.  I will have a go at this evening's meeting to see if I can redeem some losses.

5.20 Bath Pastfact 9/2

7.20 Bath Zulu Tracker 13/8

7.50 Bath Tribuna Ufizzi 15/8

7.30 Km Moel Arthur 13/8

6 x 0.5 win dbles. 4 x 0.5 win trebles and 1 0.5 fourfold = 5.50 pts with a possible return of 158.11

Some singles:

5.50 Bath Newyorkstateofmind 1 pt win at 7.4

7.20 Bath Lermontov 1 pt win at 15.5

8.20 Bath Too Shy Shy 1 pt win at 8.8

7.00 Km Toronado Grey 0.5 pts win at 9/1 and Billy Mill 0.5 win at 12/1

8.00 Km Masterclas 0.5 win at 13/2 and Accelerando 0.5 pts win at 10/1

= 10 points staked

Total for the day = 23.5 stakes

RESULTS UPDATE

That was a bit better.  One win double and two singles bets winners.  The net loss for today came to -7.58 so no real harm done though I should have avoided at least another 6 points loss.  My MTD is +26.53 and YTD is now -131.02.  Although readers may find quite a few bets put up from me I am hopeful that my posts will become profitable