Racing Chat - Sunday 10th April.

3 Group & a Listed race at Longchamp & 2 Group races at the Curragh today ,other than 1,000 Guineas do we have any other Group races on a Sunday on the flat in the UK ?

305 Curragh - HIGH DEFINITION 4/1  2nd 

A.P.O'Brien has won this race in 2018 / 19 & 21 , bombed out in St Leger last year 4f drop back in trip will suit .

Edited by calva decoy
results update

Interesting horse making a race course debut at The Curragh in the 10F maiden (4.45) ........ Waterville trained by Aidan O'Brien

O'Brien has said he could be a Derby horse before he's seen the track and he's odds on in a field of well bred lightly raced types which could throw up a few group horses

One to keep an eye on but not worth backing at the odds

Birds of Prey 1:00 Wincanton (5.4/1 SBK). Same jockey/trainer combination as winner of this race last season. Had 4 runs back after a 645 day absence, showed slightly more over this course and distance last time and this looks easier. Hoping he's been aimed at this race.

Thought he was going to win coming to the last, but wasn't too keen to go by the winner ?

Edited by yossa6133

Not much to choose from today and can't find 3 horses for a Trixie.  I have napped Goshuatri in the 3.15 at Winc. but too short for me to back, even at a generous price of 11/10

2.05 Win Dance On The Sand 1 pt win at 10.0 (Harlem Soul is odds on but it tends to jump left on a right handed track so there may be value in the Pipe horse)

3.50 Win Story Of Friends 2 points win at 4.1 (I believe that Sixteen Letters is too short to back in this)

2.47 Tram Butty O Brien 1 pt win at 14.5.  (Life In The Park looks to be too short for the out of form Henry De Bromhead)

3.57 Tram Popong 1 pt win at 6.6 ( A bit chancy going against Willie Mullins but I'm hoping that Rachael Blackmore gets some compensation for falling in the Grand National yesterday, even if she is riding for Henry De Bromhead once more)

Total stakes 5 points today

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kicking myself for not backing Toronto in the 2.05 at Win.  There was good money for this horse around 11 am.

I will try to make up for this by having 0.5 pts on Dallas Des Pictons at 9/1 in the 3.57 at Tramore.  I already have 2 pt on Popong so don't want to spend too much going against Willie Mullins 

5.5 points now staked today

Edited by The Equaliser
Update

4 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Not much to choose from today and can't find 3 horses for a Trixie.  I have napped Goshuatri in the 3.15 at Winc. but too short for me to back, even at a generous price of 11/10

2.05 Win Dance On The Sand 1 pt win at 10.0 (Harlem Soul is odds on but it tends to jump left on a right handed track so there may be value in the Pipe horse)

3.50 Win Story Of Friends 2 points win at 4.1 (I believe that Sixteen Letters is too short to back in this)

2.47 Tram Butty O Brien 1 pt win at 14.5.  (Life In The Park looks to be too short for the out of form Henry De Bromhead)

3.57 Tram Popong 1 pt win at 6.6 ( A bit chancy going against Willie Mullins but I'm hoping that Rachael Blackmore gets some compensation for falling in the Grand National yesterday, even if she is riding for Henry De Bromhead once more)

Total stakes 5 points today

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kicking myself for not backing Toronto in the 2.05 at Win.  There was good money for this horse around 11 am.

I will try to make up for this by having 0.5 pts on Dallas Des Pictons at 9/1 in the 3.57 at Tramore.  I already have 2 pt on Popong so don't want to spend too much going against Willie Mullins 

5.5 points now staked today

RESULTS UPDATE

No winners today but you will rarely hear me complain when the favourites oblige.  At least the punters that follow the market have had a good day.

-5.50 points means a MTD -41.90 and a YTD of - 197.71

6 hours ago, Trotter said:

Interesting horse making a race course debut at The Curragh in the 10F maiden (4.45) ........ Waterville trained by Aidan O'Brien

O'Brien has said he could be a Derby horse before he's seen the track and he's odds on in a field of well bred lightly raced types which could throw up a few group horses

One to keep an eye on but not worth backing at the odds

I've noticed that O'Brien has a few Japanese bred juveniles in his stable , I wonder how well they'll do ?