** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Gooner’s 16/1

JdsGooner90

10 minutes ago, JdsGooner90 said:

Bets 81-100

Bet 1 - 13

Bet 2 - 1

Bet 3 - 2

Bet 4 - 2

Bet 5 - 0

Challenges completed - 2

By far the best set of 20 results so far with 2 winners :ok 

What does that breakdown look like for the total 100 bets? And is that thread over or are you inclined to run it alongside the new one for a while?

Bets 1-100 

Bet 1 - 61

Bet 2 - 18

Bet 3 - 8

Bet 4 - 6 

Bet 5 - 3 

Challenges complete - 4 

Interesting looking at the above, 61% of bets falling at the first bet is obviously not great, that needed to be a lot less if I was to profit overall. 

I may return to this again one day but do feel it will be pretty difficult to be in profit after 100 attempts. I am thinking of starting something similar but this time the first bet being at lower odds which may bring more success, will see. 

A loss of £162.50 over 14 weeks is not ideal but something I can live with. It was looking awful up till the last set of results when I finally managed to hit a couple of winners quickly. 

21 minutes ago, JdsGooner90 said:

Interesting looking at the above, 61% of bets falling at the first bet is obviously not great, that needed to be a lot less if I was to profit overall. 

I was just looking back as I thought I'd posted some figures at the start of the thread (based on the assumption of you betting at fair odds). Most of the numbers are in the right ballpark, especially the 60% to fail at bet 1 and "nearly" 87% by the third bet.

You could take the view that the figures at least suggest you are betting at pretty much fair odds and were unlucky not to achieve 5 or 6 winners as the odds of 16/1 would imply.

It's also a shame that my ability to identify value fixed odds bets lags so far behind my ability to forecast how your thread might look after 100 bets!:lol