Gooner’s 2022 Glory Hunt

JdsGooner90

1 hour ago, aldric said:

I think you are better going for the under rather than over market.  Won't get as many bets in but at least you don't have to have something happen for the bet to win. (If that makes sense!)

It makes sense. I feel I would eventually come across a 7 goal thriller if went down the under 6.5 goals route though. Will thrown them in every now and then maybe. 

More than likely, we are always going to lose at some point.

Just the 0-0 seems to happen a lot more than the crazy 7 or 8 goal matches.

I'd rather do unders bets before a match rather than the last few minutes of a game.  Multiple late goals seem to happen frequently, like Athletico Madrid last night and Tottenham midweek.

2 hours ago, aldric said:

Just the 0-0 seems to happen a lot more than the crazy 7 or 8 goal matches.

Well, goalless games are more common in the "major leagues" than the "silly" ones, by way of the lower average goals per game.

If you take Chelsea v Spurs later (goals expectation 2.5) the the odds for 0-0 are around 12.18 while the odds for 8+ goals are around 235,

For Hertha v Bayern (3.6 goals) it's 36.6 for 0-0 but only 32.48 for 8+ goals.

So, when the goals expectation gets as high as that it starts to become more likely that we'll see 8+ goals than 0.

(All simplistic calculations using spread total goals expectations and poisson.)

2 hours ago, aldric said:

I'd rather do unders bets before a match rather than the last few minutes of a game.  Multiple late goals seem to happen frequently, like Athletico Madrid last night and Tottenham midweek.

I think there's a degree of what we do and don't remember at play here; i.e. we remember the unusual late scoring games but not the majority that pass with an uneventful last few minutes. I think in terms of when you bet it's an irrelevance, either it's a good price for the outcome or it's a poor price. A fair 1.03 shot is no more or less likely to bust if it was placed pre-game or near the end. To put it another way, I think it's personal preference about how to bet at play there rather than anything with a real basis in the probability of winning or losing. (I also have a preference for betting pre-game rather than in-running, for a mixture of reasons, some no doubt more valid than others. I do suspect though that a lot of value goes begging in play in some of the markets I do best in.)

Edited by harry_rag
Corrected "7+" to "8+"