VIRTUAL RACING

On 6/11/2021 at 10:06 AM, Teejay1951 said:

Hiya, Newbee here. This question is a "longshot" I know But, has anyone discovered a profitable system for virtual racing?

It reminds me a lot of a game of amusement arcades at the end of piers. When I was a kid they were tuppence a go. 

You can still do 2p bets at bet365. You'd become equally rich. 

15 hours ago, Offramp said:

It reminds me a lot of a game of amusement arcades at the end of piers. When I was a kid they were tuppence a go. 

You can still do 2p bets at bet365. You'd become equally rich. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. The jockeys had different colours. Red paid I think Evens and the White one ( which never won if anybody backed it) was around 10/1.

They also had Blue, Yellow and Green I think.

Total fix, but entertaining.

4 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNcrlCKXPqs&t=25s

They had one of these at Wicksteed Park, used to look forward to playing it every year! think it was 10p to play and I won £2 on the outsider ?

The ones I remember were either pre decimal or 1p or 2p,(can't fully remember)

And they did not look as grand as that one!!

5 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. The jockeys had different colours. Red paid I think Evens and the White one ( which never won if anybody backed it) was around 10/1.

They also had Blue, Yellow and Green I think.

Total fix, but entertaining.

I played on of these once and the red horse only came back about half way down the field so it had a massive start each time. It won almost every race. I won about 70p in 2ps before I got bored.

11 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

I was in the bookies the other day and they had a Grand National with past winners of the race, I was wondering if it was an actual simulation (small random change of falling at each fence for example) or just predetermined. Rough Quest came 3rd, Red Rum unplaced.

It is done by the same company that do the ITV4 version and the one that replaced the real one last year. When they do those they are based on real life events to help make it as realistic as a result as possible, but the versions shown in the bookies are just like any other virtual and are just a random number draw. The one thing I will say though is it does make it more exciting when you are talking about the likes of Red Rum and Crisp compared to some random virtual horse name.