racing chat weds

One thing I have learned since upping my bank to £1,000 and almost losing £200 so far is that I forgot about SELECTIVITY.  I am not clever enough to make money on lots of selections and so for my top jockeys/apprentices I will be looking for races when there are not too many of them competing against each other. Having said that I see Kevin Stott just won at Haydock at an SP of 6/1.  Anyway, this will of course mean that I won't be backing at the big meetings but hopefully finding live contenders with less competition at the smaller meetings.

One has caught my eye so far is Mystic Court with Fergus Gillard aboard claiming 3lbs.  !6%er claimer; I feel very uncomfortable with any jockey who gets fewer than 10% winners.  I have had £5 win at 5.3 = £17.15 if it win as I have had an ins bet on the favourite £4 at 2.26 = 4p if it wins.  All OK if one wins but lose £9 if neither wins

Back later

45 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

One thing I have learned since upping my bank to £1,000 and almost losing £200 so far is that I forgot about SELECTIVITY.  I am not clever enough to make money on lots of selections and so for my top jockeys/apprentices I will be looking for races when there are not too many of them competing against each other. Having said that I see Kevin Stott just won at Haydock at an SP of 6/1.  Anyway, this will of course mean that I won't be backing at the big meetings but hopefully finding live contenders with less competition at the smaller meetings.

One has caught my eye so far is Mystic Court with Fergus Gillard aboard claiming 3lbs.  !6%er claimer; I feel very uncomfortable with any jockey who gets fewer than 10% winners.  I have had £5 win at 5.3 = £17.15 if it win as I have had an ins bet on the favourite £4 at 2.26 = 4p if it wins.  All OK if one wins but lose £9 if neither wins

Back later

looked the winner till fell imo

48 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Back later

Pity that Mystic Court fell but it was good to see Brendan Powell getting a winner despite my ins bet getting beaten

5.45Ham Epeius (SB) £2 win at 11.5 (um at 10.0)

6.00 Km Judgmnent Call (OM) £2 win at 15.5 = £28.42 profit if it wins

7.30 Km Love Dreams (OM) £5 win at 5.2 (um at 5.0)

That's all the meetings looked at for me today

Good luck to all punting today

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Pity that Mystic Court fell but it was good to see Brendan Powell getting a winner despite my ins bet getting beaten

5.45Ham Epeius (SB) £2 win at 11.5 (um at 10.0)

6.00 Km Judgmnent Call (OM) £2 win at 15.5 = £28.42 profit if it wins

7.30 Km Love Dreams (OM) £5 win at 5.2 (um at 5.0)

That's all the meetings looked at for me today

Good luck to all punting today

RESULTS UPDATE

Another blank day for me today.  I felt a bit unlucky that Mystic Court fell and then the favourite got beat so I didn't get my money back on the 2.45 at Fontwell.  The net loss on the day was £18.  My new balance is £867.85 (Bank £1,056.22).

Four more flat meetings in the UK tomorrow and one over the jumps.  Instead of insurance bets on the favourites I will try one/two Trixies on what I feel the best favourites have of winning their races at shorter odds.  I will quite happily back horses for £2 at 11.50 and above all day long.  Let's hope I get a winner or two tomorrow