** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

2020 European Championship Group F Predictions

Germany

Although they win over Latvia at 7-1 in last game, they are not in good condition at present. It is can be seen that they draw with Denmark at 1-1 and lose to North Macedonia at 1-2. And they prefer ground ball, which is uneasy to score.

France

They were the champion in 2018 FIFA World Cup, which shows their competitiveness. And they are in form, getting a four-match winning streak. What’s more, they are lots of excellent and talent players such as Karim Benzema, Kylian Mbappe Lottin, Kingsley Coman and so on, which fulfills their offensive and defensive.

Verdict:

Germany take the lower hand over France in past head-to-head clashes with a record of 2W-3D-5L. Germany are not in form. France are full of ambitions. So France are more likely to win in upcoming game.

Goals in Match: Less than 3 goals

Hungary

It is unlucky that they are in a group of death this season. The best record they have got in recent years was in UEFA European Championship in 2015, which they came into 1/16 Final. Undoubtedly they want a better record this season.

Portugal

They are defending champion. They are one of the favourites to win the cup this season. What they most famous for are Cristiano Ronaldo. It is believed that they will play well as expected with the help of him.

Verdict:

The last time they play against each other was in 2017. Portugal get a 1-0 clean sheet Hungary at that time. Portugal need a good start to preserve themselves as the defending champions. So Portugal have the tendency to win

Hungary vs Portugal

The hosts are on a hot run as they haven’t lost eleven times in a row. On the previous four occasions, Magyarook missed a chance to win only once. They booked a goalless draw against the Republic of Ireland on their final prep game ahead of EURO 2020. Marco Rossi’s side has successfully kicked off their World Cup Quals campaign, picking seven points from the opening three rounds. Nevertheless, they didn’t have too challenging opponents, as Hungary booked two wins against San Marino and Andorra. Nemanja Nikolics and the lads failed to score only once in the past eight matches, while Hungary kept the clean sheet two times in a row. The home side has a very challenging task ahead, but they want to remain undefeated at their ground.

Portugal suffered only one defeat in the previous 15 games, and they have been unbeaten in the last six. The defending champions found themselves in a very tough group, having France and Germany as the major rivals. Fernando Santos’s side eyes an excellent start, as potential three points from this game can bring them closer to the knockout stage. Cristiano Ronaldo and the lads trashed Israel in their latest warm-up match while snatching a goalless draw against Spain. Like their upcoming rivals, Portugal managed to keep its net intact in the last two games. On the other hand, the visitors produced at least two goals per match four times in the previous six fixtures. Although they are not among the top favorites for defending the crown, Portugal can go very far in EURO 2020.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

Hungary is a very tricky opponent that can stun any team in this tournament. However, we believe Portugal will meet the expectations and deliver a significant victory.

Goals Market Prediction

Although these two teams have been unbeatable in the back recently, we expect to see an efficient game. Both sides fancy attacking style, and that approach could result in at least three goals in total in this encounter.

Portugal to Win @ 1.45 

Over 2.5 FT @2.00 

Correct score 1:3 @ 12.00

France vs Germany

Many bookies and punters see France as a major favorite to win EURO 2020. The current World champions want to confirm their dominance, but that is not an easy task. Group F is the most exciting one in the tournament, as there are Portugal and Hungary besides these two teams. Didier Deschamps’s side missed the chance to win only once in the last seven games, drawing against Ukraine in the premier round of the World Cup Quals. Les Bleus have been very confident in the previous four games, especially in the EURO 2020 warm-up. Kylian Mbappe and the lads hammered Wales and Bulgaria, both 3:0 ahead of the tournament. France managed to keep the clean sheet four times in a row, and they want to keep up where they left off.

After a disappointing campaign in World Cup 2018, Germany wants to get involved in the title battle. It will be the last big tournament for their head coach Joachim Low, after spending 15 years at the Elf bench. However, reports say that the locker room atmosphere is not the best. Some players expressed their disagreement with the head coach and his ideas just before the EURO 2020 kickoff. This comes in a very tricky moment for Germany, as they are handled a tough group. Nevertheless, their squad is full of star players, and they want to bring glory to their country. Germany trashed Latvia 7:1 in their latest prep game but failed to win two matches before that one. A 2:1 defeat against North Macedonia at home ground in the World Cup Quals was particularly shocking. The hosts need to do much better in the back if they want to challenge for the trophy.

These games are always tough to predict, as they can go either way. We believe France is a slight favorite and could deliver a victory despite playing at the away ground. They have been more consistent lately, and France wants to show that they are ready for another successful campaign. We will take France Draw no Bet as the first pick.

Goals Market Prediction

We already mentioned that Germany has been very poor in the back, and they failed to keep their net intact three times in a row. With both sides having world-class forwards, we can expect an exciting match that should go over a 2.5 margin.

France AH +0 @ 1.90 

Over 2.5 FT @2.10 

Correct score 3:2 @ 35.00

Hungary

It is unlucky that they are in a group of death this season. The best record they have got in recent years was in UEFA European Championship in 2015, which they came into 1/16 Final. Undoubtedly they want a better record this season.

Portugal

They are defending champion. They are one of the favourites to win the cup this season. What they most famous for are Cristiano Ronaldo. It is believed that they will play well as expected with the help of him.

Verdict:

The last time they play against each other was in 2017. Portugal get a 1-0 clean sheet Hungary at that time. Portugal need a good start to preserve themselves as the defending champions. So Portugal have the tendency to win.

1x2 Pick: 2

Hungary vs Portugal

The first game of the day on Tuesday comes from Group F which has been dubbed "The Group of Death" with Hungary, Portugal, France, and Germany all drawn together. Hungary begin their campaign against Portugal at 5pm BST from the Puskas Arena in Budapest. Is this their best chance of getting a win to give them an opportunity to get out of this group or is it damage limitation from the first minute?

Hungary will be delighted to be playing as a host nation for two of their three group matches. Head coach Marco Rossi has successfully led them to their second successive European Championship after defeating Bulgaria and Iceland in the play-offs. It also shows how formidable the Magyars have become because they finished top of their group ahead of Russia, Serbia, and Turkey to earn promotion to League A in the UEFA Nations League. An unbeaten run to their 2022 World Cup qualification campaign is further evidence that this Hungarian side shouldn't be under-estimated. It's 11 games unbeaten for Hungary so they're coming into this tournament full of confidence. They might not have too many household names with Willi Orban from RB Leipzig probably their standout player but this is a proper team unit.

Portugal have been backed by a number of people to be challengers for the trophy if they can navigate their way out of this group. Head coach Fernando Santos continues to lead the nation and after being paired with Hungary in Group F at the 2016 European Championship he'll be all too aware of the threat they pose. Portugal needed to come back from behind three times to grind out a 3-3 draw on that occasion and qualified as a best third placed side. A Selecao did then go on to win that tournament of course and come into this competition as reigning champions. The squad is incredible with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Joao Felix, and Pepe just some of the star names included. You just feel they're not quite performing at their peak and if one of those big three teams in this group is going to struggle to start quickly it's going to be Portugal.

I appreciate that a lot of people are saying this is a nightmare group for Hungary but they have constantly showed over recent years that they are a team that shouldn't be written off. I say that but I did feel Wales beat them with ease when we won 2-0 to seal our qualification for this tournament back in 2019. That was two years ago and you do get the impression the team has evolved and improved since then. Portugal are in for a tough shift and if they don't start well they could be caught on the hop. I'm going to have to back the draw given the bookies price. I just think the value of a Portugal win just isn't worth it given they are renowned slow starters in tournaments over recent times.

Draw @ 4.75 with GentingBet

BTTS @ 2.35 with SportNation

Today feeling like a fun bet only day for me, will miss the first game and, whilst I’m looking forward to watching the later one, I have no strong opinion on how it will play out. Given that almost a quarter of Ronaldo’s goals for Portugal have been headers I’m happy to take 7 on points on him scoring a header v Hungary at 7/1 with PP.

Let’s call this a “lean” but definitely worth a mention. Bookings line for the later game look generously priced with Uni, 11/8 for >3.5 cards and 13/4 for >4.5. You may get better on BF but a red card wouldn’t count as 2 cards.

Ref seems slightly higher than average in Internationals (albeit only 9 games to go off) and those lines are odds on and sub 3/1 in most other places. At evens and 11/4 it would probably look no more than fair, at the prices it looks worth a bet.

(I’m on this via a “kitty” bet with my mate hence not posting it as an “official” selection.)

France vs Germany

Undoubtedly, the biggest game of the group stage at the 2020 European Championship is the clash on Tuesday night at 8pm BST between France and Germany in Group F at the Allianz Arena in Munich. This group is called the "Group of Death" for this very reason that the reigning world champions are taking on one of their biggest rivals for the trophy this time around. Who will come out on top?

France are the favourites to win this tournament with a lot of people and for very good reason. You look at the quality throughout their team and it's unreal. Hugo Lloris in goal, a defence that boasts the likes of Raphael Varane and Presnel Kimpembe, a midfield consisting of Paul Pogba and N'golo Kante, and a front-line that includes Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann, and Karim Benzema. Wow. Head coach Didier Deschamps has already won the World Cup both as a manager and a player and the European Championship as a player. You look at their whole set-up and you wonder if anyone can stop them? However, results suggest they are susceptible to an upset. Yes, they have won their last 5 games with clean sheets but in the past year or so they've also failed to beat Ukraine, Finland, and Portugal.

Germany have already been written off by a number of pundits. Again, you can understand why. It feels like this German squad is coming to the end of an era with Joachim Low set to depart his role after this tournament and a number of players coming to the twilight of their international careers such as Thomas Muller, Manuel Neuer, Mats Hummels, and Toni Kroos. There is still the talent here as experience blends with youth to make me feel that we shouldn't rule them out. Serge Gnabry has bagged 16 goals in 22 international appearances and in players like Timo Werner, Kai Havertz, and Joshua Kimmich they have quality throughout. Results have been inconsistent lately and that's a worry. The standout one being the 2-1 loss at home to North Macedonia in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers back in March. A disappointing UEFA Nations League campaign that saw them miss out on a semi-final spot as they dropped points against Switzerland and Spain adds to the scepticism around whether they can go far here.

Home advantage is a massive factor for Germany here and I think France are the surprising picks as favourites. Yes, that French team is unreal but have their results been that much better than Germany's over the past few years to make me think they can come to the Allianz Arena and get a win? Germany are unbeaten in their last 5 meetings and France haven't won on German turf since they were known as West Germany back on 12th August, 1987. I'm not sure I can see France winning this and I think both teams will settle for a draw.

Draw @ 3.25 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.83 with SportNation

Long time no see my friends. Having great success lately with my EC picks, lots of value everywhere. From now on I'll be sharing my picks here.

Hungary vs Portugal 
This is a must win, must not lose game for both. These more often than not tend to be cagey affairs and likely draws. But odds suggest Portugal to win around 70% of the times? Let's look at some stats. Last time at Euro 2016 Portugal had 3 draws at group stage, one with Hungary. If we are only looking at 2021 matches for Portugal and Hungary and excluding games against microstates like Luxembourg, Andorra and San Marino. Portugal has won 2 and drawn 2, and Hungary has won 1 and drawn 2. So odds are definitely off and by a lot. Both teams are in good form, and only one loss between them in their last 10 games.   

I'm going for a draw @ 4.7 with Unibet 

Germany vs France

I know Germany is Germany and they play on their home soil, but they are big underdogs when you look at their form. Going for straight France win is a bit too much for me, even @ 2.7, because draws happen at group stages more often than odds suggest, and both teams are more than capable to score the equalizer, when they need to. Odds for draw are correct, and for me there is no value there. I think the 1x2 lines will change a little after we know Hungary vs Portugal results, so you may want to wait or bet before the result instead.

France AH +0 (draw no bet) @ 1.83 with Unibet is something I'm going to place a big and relatively risk free bet on.
Since I feel like I might be missing some value here I'm considering making another bet on 1x @ 1.44 with Unibet
I would usually back it up with correct score draw instead, but I have no idea, what would the most likely draw be, so staying away from CS market. 

Good luck!

Edited by markus808

Hungary vs France

Although they were very close to snatching a point against the defending European champions, Hungary suffered a 3:0 defeat against Portugal. The hosts were brave but were not awarded for their efforts. They are in a tough group, though, and it would be surprising if Hungary manages to get through the group stage. Nemanja Nikolics and the lads failed to score two matches in a row, and they now face a very challenging opponent. Marco Rossi’s side enjoyed an excellent streak ahead of EURO 2020, but it ended at the start of the tournament. However, Hungary won’t give up as they want to fight bravely in front of their fans.

France made a huge step towards the knockout stage from the “Group of Death” as they managed to beat Germany 1:0. They could have scored more, but Didier Deschamps’s side wasn’t unhappy with this outcome at all. France is among the hottest favorites to win EURO 2020, and they want to keep up in the same fashion. Les Bleus enjoy a streak of five victories without conceding. They are rock-solid in the back, while Kylian Mbappe is the major threat for the oppositions’ goalkeepers. France has the chance to finish the job in the group stage, and they will search for all three points from this match.

France is a firm favorite, and it would be a great surprise if they fail to win this game. Of course, the odds on the away win are not too generous, but we will go for the Asian Handicap to get a better price. We believe France should celebrate a victory by two goals at least.

Goals Market Prediction

Although Hungary can be pretty dangerous in the front, the visitors have been unbeatable in the back lately. We think France could provide another defensively solid performance and keep their net intact.

France AH -1.5 @ 2.00 

BTTS No @ 1.55

Correct score 0:4 @ 15.00

Portugal vs Germany

It seemed that they wouldn’t make it, but a quickfire in the last ten minutes of the game saw Portugal beating Hungary 3:0. Cristiano Ronaldo’s brace made him the most efficient player in the history of the European Championships. This time, the opposition is much more challenging, and Seleção needs a more confident display here. Fernando Santos’s side is on an excellent run as they haven’t lost seven times in a row. During that period, Portugal failed to win only twice. They have also been pretty disciplined in the back, and Portugal managed to keep three consecutive clean sheets. The visitors look forward to another confident performance which can bring them valuable points.

Germany faced France in their campaign opener but failed to a narrow 1:0 defeat due to Matts Hummels own goal. They now need to chase a win here in order not to finish participation in another major tournament in the group stage. Joachim Low’s side is not as convincing as it was a couple of years ago, and Germany needs to improve to challenge the title. Their defensive problems are the particular highlight, as Elf has been conceding a lot. Germany couldn’t keep the clean sheet in their previous four games, and they couldn’t keep their net intact even against Latvia. If they don’t pick up at least a point from this one, Germany will find themselves in severe trouble.

Portugal is full of confidence after a positive start of the campaign, while Germany’s locker room atmosphere doesn’t seem to be good. We believe the defending champions are severely underestimated by the bookies and think Portugal won’t lose this one.

Goals Market Prediction

Germany needs to go towards the opposition’s goal from the very start, which can open some space for the visitors to hit back. Since the home side is leaky in the back, we could expect to see goals in both nets this time.

Portugal AH +0.5 @ 1.65 

BTTS Yes @ 1.80 

Correct score 1:1 @ 6.50

Hungary vs France

The second round of Group F games get underway at the 2020 European Championship on Saturday with the 2pm BST kick-off seeing underdogs Hungary aiming to keep their last 16 qualification hopes alive against pre-tournament favourites France at the Puskas Arena in Budapest. Will we see one of the great international upsets or is the end nigh for one of the host nations?

Hungary had put in a sterling display in their 3-0 loss to Portugal in their opening game. It was a result that didn't fairly reflect the balance of the game that was 0-0 until the last 6 minutes. Head coach Marco Rossi will be disappointed that his team couldn't snatch an unlikely win and he'll also be gutted that his team's goal difference suffered such a pounding which is certain to all but confirm their elimination if they lose here. That loss to Portugal brought Hungary's 11-game unbeaten run to an end. It's now 4 games without a win at a European Championship for the Magyars too.

France looked every bit worthy of their favourites tag when they defeated bitter rivals Germany by a 1-0 score-line in their opening game thanks to a Mats Hummels own goal in the 20th minute. It could and should have been victory by a wider margin but VAR ruled that offside prevented France adding to their tally. It's now 5 wins in a row in all competitions for France. Each of those wins have been earned with clean sheets and they last kept six consecutive clean sheets under head coach Raymond Domenech back in 2007. Current head coach Didier Deschamps may well be concerned that Karim Benzema has had 28 shots but failed to register a goal at this tournament so far. Could he give Olivier Giroud a chance to impress?

These two sides have met twice previously at international tournaments and it's been France that prevailed victorious on both occasions in the group stages of the 1978 and 1986 World Cups. They have also won their last 5 encounters with Hungary. However, France have only won 1 of their last 8 games on Hungarian territory. I fully expect France to be tested and Hungary showed against Portugal that they shouldn't be under-estimated. I just think France possess too much quality and could sneak a narrow win.

France HT/FT @ 1.98 with Smarkets

France to Win to Nil @ 1.80 with Betfred

I expect France to justify the odds here but no obvious value on backing that outcome. 3 Hungary cards bets for me along with a speculative goalscorer bet on their supposed set piece threat.

3 points on Orban to score at 20/1 PP

15 points on Fiola to be carded at 16/5 PP

12 points on Nagy to be carded at 5.2 on BF

15 points on Attila Szalai to be carded at 5.4 on BF

Portugal vs Germany

The second match in the next round of Group F games is the epic clash between reigning champions Portugal and an unfancied Germany in a 5pm BST kick-off at the Allianz Arena in Munich. Can the winners of the last European Championship inflict more concern onto their hosts who suffered a narrow defeat in their opening game against the reigning world champions?

Portugal looked like they might suffer a disappointing draw against Hungary in their opening group game but three goals in the final 6 minutes gave A Selecao a flattering 3-0 win. Two goals from Cristiano Ronaldo were added to by Raphael Guerreiro to ensure Fernando Santos guided his team to a perfect start to their trophy defence. Ronaldo became the top scorer in European Championship history with those 2 goals taking his total tally in the tournament to 11 goals. It's now just 2 defeats in the last 30 matches in all competitions for Portugal. It's also been back-to-back clean sheets for Portugal.

Germany face an uphill battle to reach the last 16 having lost their opening game to world champions France. Joachim Low's side were arguably second best for most of the game but they were facing a team at the peak of their powers so it was hard to judge this German side at face value. Tournament form doesn't make for pleasing reading for Germany fans with their nation having lost 3 of their last 4 group games at major tournaments. They have also not suffered back-to-back group stage defeats at a major tournament since losing to Portugal and England back at the 2000 European Championship.

It's positive news for Germany supporters heading into this one because their country have won the last four meetings against Portugal with all four of those coming at major tournaments (2006 World Cup, 2008 European Championship, 2012 European Championship, and 2014 World Cup). The pressure is very much on the home team here who need a win to relieve the pressure to avoid missing out on the last 16. The way the groups are setting up, 3 points in 3rd may very well not be enough to get through so avoiding defeat here is crucial. Will they want to get the win to ensure the final clash against Hungary isn't all or nothing? I was looking to back the draw but I think Germany could win this on home turf.

Germany to Win @ 2.36 with SBK

BTTS @ 1.79 with Matchbook

Germany vs Hungary

After a disappointing start of the campaign and losing to France 1:0, the home side got back in the game with style. They beat Portugal 4:2, despite trailing 1:0 early in the match. Although their rivals scored two own goals, that doesn’t minify a very confident Elf performance. Joachim Low’s side looked much better than in the opening match, and the improvement seems promising. Robin Gosens shined against the defending champions, and Germany heads now to the easiest opponent on the paper. A point would be enough for them to progress further, but Germany will definitely seek a victory. It could build up their confidence even more, which could be very helpful in the upcoming challenges.

Hungary failed to a late defeat against Portugal in the opening round but showed their teeth against the World champions. Magyarok had a halftime lead and made France chase a draw, which they eventually succeeded. However, Marco Rossi’s side is clearly much happier with that point. Advancing from the group stage was never on the cards, but Hungary has the right to dream of continuing the campaign. However, Nemanja Nikolics and the lads need a perfect display, as only the victory could keep them in EURO 2020. Germany showed its vulnerability, and a 2:1 defeat against North Macedonia in the World Cup Quals showed that. It’s going to be a hell of a challenge, but Hungary won’t give up easily.

Germany wants to keep up where it left off and put another excellent display. They are firm favorites in this clash, and we believe the hosts will meet the expectations. We also think Germany could secure its advantage already at halftime.

Goals Market Prediction

The home side has been pretty insecure in the back lately, as they failed to keep the clean sheet five times in a row. Hungary will strive for another brave performance, and we wouldn’t be surprised if they managed to find the back of the opponent’s net.

Germany HT-FT @ 1.60 

BTTS Yes @ 2.00 

Correct score 3:1 @ 12.00

Portugal vs France

Although the opening game result indicates they easily beat Hungary, Portugal won thanks to three late goals. Cristiano Ronaldo and the lads excellently opened the game against Germany but failed to a 4:2 loss. Fernando Santos’s side suffered its first defeat after seven matches and slipped to 3rd place in the standings. Their three-match clean sheet record also came to an end, and the defending champions need to search for a much better display to pick up something from this one. If they lose, they will need to keep an eye on other results, particularly the Slovakia vs Spain match. Therefore, Portugal should seek at least a point from this clash to remain in the campaign of defending the title.

France opened its EURO 2020 campaign with a narrow 1:0 victory over Germany, but it could have been more comfortable. However, they underperformed in the next match and picked up just a point against brave Hungary. Nevertheless, they are still first in the group, and Les Bleus enjoy an excellent streak. Didier Deschamps’s side hasn’t lost nine times in a row, failing to win only twice during that period. They also kept their net intact in five matches before the one against Hungary. However, their primary concern will be Ousmane Dembele’s injury, as this tournament is over for him. Nevertheless, Karim Benzema should lead France’s frontline, and they want to continue their unbeatable run.

It is going to be a very close game in which both teams have a chance to win. This clash is much more critical for Portugal, and we believe it could end in a draw. Both sides should be happy by snatching a point from this encounter.

Goals Market Prediction

Although France has an excellent defensive record, Portugal possesses significant attacking potential. We see both sides scoring in this one, and their nets shouldn’t remain intact.

Draw @ 3.00 

BTTS Yes @ 1.90 

Correct score 1:1 @ 6.00

Germany vs Hungary

The final group matches of the 2020 European Championship take place at 8pm BST on Wednesday night with Group F being the focus here. It's Germany versus Hungary at the Allianz Arena in Munich. It's been a mixed bag for both teams so far but with the opportunity to secure a place in the last 16 for both sides still up for grabs could we see a humdinger of a game?

Germany looked like they would be the team to struggle in this tournament when they were dismantled in their opening 1-0 loss to France. The score-line might have been close but the performances were worlds apart. Joachim Low's side obviously had a word with themselves because the 4-2 win over Portugal in the following game was one of the nation's best displays since their 2014 World Cup triumph. The team now knows that a draw will be enough to see them into the last 16 but they might have to do it without the injured Thomas Muller. If they needed any more motivation then they'll certainly want to avoid being the first German squad to suffer elimination in the group stage of a major international tournament two times in a row.

Hungary have enjoyed home advantage as a host nation in their opening two group stage games but that all changes here. It's been two encouraging displays. The 3-0 loss to Portugal was harsh given it was still 0-0 with 6 minutes to play and Hungary were probably the more deserving to lead at that point. The 1-1 draw with France saw them actually earn a point for their endeavour but it was so nearly all 3 points. This trip to Munich will provide a fresh and much tougher challenge though. A win is needed and nothing less will do for Marco Rossi's men. It's now 5 games without a win at a European Championship for Hungary and they must buck that trend to progress.

OK, so let's face it, this is a mountainous situation for Hungary. Germany showed what they can do in front of their own fans when they destroyed Portugal in their last game. They looked more like the peak Low side we have come to know over the past 7-8 years. It's a talented German side and you'd have to back them to get a comfortable win here and seal their place in the next round. There is a huge need for teams to win this group because finishing 2nd or 3rd will deliver a last 16 clash against Belgium, England, or Netherlands rather than against Switzerland or Ukraine if they win the group.

Germany HT/FT @ 1.69 with SBK

Germany -2 @ 2.40 with BetVictor

Portugal vs France

The other game being played in Group F on Wednesday night at 8pm BST is an epic clash between the reigning European Championship trophy holders Portugal and the current World Cup winners France at the Puskas Arena in Budapest. All the pressure is on the Portuguese here who know they need a point to secure their place in the last 16 against a French team who have already sealed their place in the next round.

Portugal possess a squad that is arguably more talented and experienced than the side that went on to win the European Championship back in 2016. However, it's been an underwhelming start to their campaign so far. Head coach Fernando Santos witnessed his team get out of jail with three goals in the last 4 minutes against Hungary to win their opening game 3-0 but they came unstuck away to Germany in a 4-2 defeat in their second game. Cristiano Ronaldo continues to score for his national team having bagged 3 goals in their 2 group games so far but he has failed to score in six games against France. It should be remembered though that Portugal's loss to Germany was just their third defeat in their last 31 matches.

France are looking every bit the favourites to win this tournament. It's starting to appear that there are very few weaknesses across the pitch. The 1-0 win over Germany in their opening game was business-like but the 1-1 draw with Hungary did suggest that they're not invincible and if they're not careful could be caught on the hop. Didier Deschamps faces a dilemma. Does he go for the win with a full squad but risk injury and suspension in order to try and secure a last 16 tie with Switzerland or Ukraine. Or does he rest key players and risk finishing 2nd or 3rd with the prospect of facing Belgium, England, or Netherlands in the next round? It's now 9 matches unbeaten for France at major international tournaments but their run of 5 clean sheets was ended by Hungary.

If we are being cynical then we know that a draw would suit both teams. This discussion was had the other day about Group C's clash between Ukraine and Austria. Ironically, neither of the outcomes argued occurred and it was actually Austria who sprung the surprise win. Will the same happen with Portugal here? I'm not sure. I think we're most likely to see a draw. Portugal could sneak it if France field a weakened team but I think we'll see a passive game with the teams sharing the spoils.

Draw @ 3.25 with Unibet

BTTS @ 2.10 with SportNation