Racing Chat - Monday 26th April

Experimenting a bit with selections so won't post those up

Outsiders based on jockey bookings with horses showing some form

Windsor Tom Marquand rides

5.20 Win Brown Owl £2 at 18.5 (16.5 atm)

6.50 Win Ancient times £3.40 at 7.8 matched

7.20 Win Broughtons Peace £2 win at 65 (48 atm)

7.50 Win No  Nay Bella £2 win at 22 (12.5 atm)

6.30 Thirsk Lezardieux £2 win at 9.6 (9.2 atm) Danny Tudhope aboard (not looked at his David O'Meara rides which is a bit naughty but don't know the best ones to back)

£11.40 poss total stakes

7 hours ago, Ironjoe said:

-12.25 need a good few days to claw the month back

Thirsk 5.30 smeatons light 28/1 1pt ew won

Windsor 6 20 modred 4/1 1 pt win 

Windsor 6.50 crazy luck 7/1 1 pt win

Good luck ?

Better today 35.5 points returned for a profit of 31.5 points

Overall 23.25 points profit for the month

5 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Experimenting a bit with selections so won't post those up

Outsiders based on jockey bookings with horses showing some form

Windsor Tom Marquand rides

5.20 Win Brown Owl £2 at 18.5 (16.5 atm)

6.50 Win Ancient times £3.40 at 7.8 matched

7.20 Win Broughtons Peace £2 win at 65 (48 atm)

7.50 Win No  Nay Bella £2 win at 22 (12.5 atm)

6.30 Thirsk Lezardieux £2 win at 9.6 (9.2 atm) Danny Tudhope aboard (not looked at his David O'Meara rides which is a bit naughty but don't know the best ones to back)

£11.40 poss total stakes

RESULTS UPDATE

3 losers and two bets not matched = a loss of £7.40.  My new balance is £961.24 (Bank £1056.22).  Oddly enough my new approach paid off and I netted a profit of £26.81 but of course the figures were not published so the loss stays amounting to almost £100 since starting with an increased bank.

There is nothing earth shattering about the change of tactics, all I did was instead of focussing on the market leaders and horses that had shortened in the betting market overnight, from the 3/4 runners whose prices were under 10/1 in the betting market the night before, was to purposely focus on those that had drifted in the market the next day.  These horses were still reckoned on to be players in the race today but for one reason or another their prices had drifted at the time I placed my bet.  the most striking of theses was Red Force One in the 4.20 at Ayr.  This had another of my favourite jockey's aboard Kevin Stott.  The overnight price was 4/1, 9/2 and I requested a price of 6.6 which got matched.  The horse did win by a length but the SP was 11/4.

Since I haven't been doing well with the selections that shorten, sometimes at cramped odds,  I will give this approach a go and see how I fare.  I like the idea of getting extra value but have always been concerned that a drift means a horse will not run well.  As can be seen above I should be getting extra real value at the time of placing a bet and of course the market forces may well turn back to shortening the odds in the run up to post time.  Looks like this is worth a shot.  Let's hope that I don't run into trouble with this idea before too long.