** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

W P Mullins ...horses not firing

It may be worth noting that it is unusual that Mullins has gone 19 runners without a win leading upto cheltenham ( hes had some fancied horses beaten )

This would not matter with some small trainer but this is not a thing you want to see with this top trainer .

Obviously hes top trainer at cheltenham but take note that he is on the cold trainers list at the moment ....something you havnt and wont see too often.

19 runners without a win is not what you want to see at this time......

24 minutes ago, Tedthewolf said:

Will also be interesting to see how  the eillott horses perform now with  a different trainer in charge and esp the ones thay moved from the  yard. Maybe the Irish will struggle this year at Cheltenham all very interesting stuff not long now to find out! 

In my opinion Elliott is still in charge in all but name. His home is on the Training property. I don't think he will be out on the gallops shouting instructions, but I am sure he will be involved with most decisions as well as communicating with owners. Do you think Michael O'Leary would agree to talk to anybody else other than Elliott?

So the horses remaining at Cullentra, in my opinion, absolutely no difference.

Those that have moved may be a different matter with the transporting first of all to a different yard and then before they have had time to settle, schlepping over on a Ferry to England.

There were positive vibes regarding Envoi Allen. Apparently he is so laid back he settled in right away. Its feed ( which if changed can apparently create stress for horses) is exactly the same, same brand, as what he had at Cullentra, so I would be less worried about him than the others.

The point about Mullins is interesting. Having said that I remember a couple of years ago when he didnt have a winner in the first 2 days and then all of a sudden, it was just bang, bang bang

15 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Re Mullins......

Part of it could be that he's not been running his best horses for the last few weeks because he's saving them for Cheltenham

Maybe he's just been running the horses that he knows are not good enough to get into any of the Cheltenham races

Yeah that could be it but I will see how they fair tomorrow to get a better idea