Racing Chat - Tuesday 9th February

7.45 Southwell

Trainer form is a concern but if Para Mio can show anything like his form of around 12 months ago he should be going close here at a decent price. Course form at Southwell is obviously important and he has run twice here, finishing 2nd off 64, and and 4th off 62. He was well beaten on his last run but that can be forgiven as he was slowly away and hampered at the start, furthermore that was his first run for 325 days so he was entitled to need that and he should strip fitter today. Dropped a further 3lbs for that he runs off 55 today with George Bass taking off a further 7lbs. Looks a nice price at 8/1.

12.45 Km Balco Coastal is favourite with a best price of 6/4.  Not sure about this one at the price.  Instead have had £2.00 win at 11.0 on the Skelton horse Get Sky high and £3.50 win on Nina The Terrier at 4.5.  £16.17 or £10.05 profit either wins

1.15 Km Stanley Stanley could be anything but at 15/8 I'll let others take a chance.  Divas Mix seems to be easy to back so a word of caution I feel is needed

1.45 Km Lucky Dream looks tempting with a best price of 5/2 but I have counted at least four other possibles so I won't be lumping on this one

2.15 Km Flic Ou Voyou I have bitten the bullet and have had £10 to win on this at evens.  I do feel uncomfortable about this as I feel I need to get 2 out of 3 winners when taking such a price. It looks to have a very good chance of winning so I will give this one a go.  

2.50 Km Jacamar has a best price of around 3/1 Very unsure about this one. Possiblilties for 4 other rivals so will leave the race alone .

3.20 Km Let's hope that On The Slopes won't end up on the ropes.  I reckon that all 4 runners have a chance in this one.  Not for me

3.50 Km I have had £3 to win on Ecco at 4.7 = a possible profit of £10.88 if it wins.  I like Honest Vic and am hoping that our so called sports media writers are right when they say that it will be tapped for toe in this event

Total stakes £18.50 today.

Good luck to all with their endeavours against the enemy today

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

12.45 Km Balco Coastal is favourite with a best price of 6/4.  Not sure about this one at the price.  Instead have had £2.00 win at 11.0 on the Skelton horse Get Sky high and £3.50 win on Nina The Terrier at 4.5.  £16.17 or £10.05 profit either wins

1.15 Km Stanley Stanley could be anything but at 15/8 I'll let others take a chance.  Divas Mix seems to be easy to back so a word of caution I feel is needed

1.45 Km Lucky Dream looks tempting with a best price of 5/2 but I have counted at least four other possibles so I won't be lumping on this one

2.15 Km Flic Ou Voyou I have bitten the bullet and have had £10 to win on this at evens.  I do feel uncomfortable about this as I feel I need to get 2 out of 3 winners when taking such a price. It looks to have a very good chance of winning so I will give this one a go.  

2.50 Km Jacamar has a best price of around 3/1 Very unsure about this one. Possiblilties for 4 other rivals so will leave the race alone .

3.20 Km Let's hope that On The Slopes won't end up on the ropes.  I reckon that all 4 runners have a chance in this one.  Not for me

3.50 Km I have had £3 to win on Ecco at 4.7 = a possible profit of £10.88 if it wins.  I like Honest Vic and am hoping that our so called sports media writers are right when they say that it will be tapped for toe in this event

Total stakes £18.50 today.

Good luck to all with their endeavours against the enemy today

Looks like I'm having a bad day at the office.  I back against the favourite and it wins.  I back the favourite and it loses.  You've got to hand to Dan Skelton his horses are running out of their skin at present.

3.20 Km Earlofthecotswold £3.50 win at 5.6 & £2.00 win on San Benedeto at 10.0 = £13.82 &v £14.21 if either win.

4.20 Km Crooks Peak.  I couldn't resist having a £1 win bet at 20/1 on this.  A listed bumper winner in 2017.  Who knows what Dan Skelton will get from him.  The RP says Harry Skelton riding whilst ATR and Odddschecker say Bridget Andrews is riding???

No bets for me at Southwell as the only graded race has a 2/7 favourite that is not for me

Total outlay is now £25.  Looks like it is going to be a bad day for me today

5 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Looks like I'm having a bad day at the office.  I back against the favourite and it wins.  I back the favourite and it loses.  You've got to hand to Dan Skelton his horses are running out of their skin at present.

3.20 Km Earlofthecotswold £3.50 win at 5.6 & £2.00 win on San Benedeto at 10.0 = £13.82 &v £14.21 if either win.

4.20 Km Crooks Peak.  I couldn't resist having a £1 win bet at 20/1 on this.  A listed bumper winner in 2017.  Who knows what Dan Skelton will get from him.  The RP says Harry Skelton riding whilst ATR and Odddschecker say Bridget Andrews is riding???

No bets for me at Southwell as the only graded race has a 2/7 favourite that is not for me

Total outlay is now £25.  Looks like it is going to be a bad day for me today

RESULTS UPDATE

Worked out alright in the end despite my even money hot pot losing.  The problem with those type of bets is that I don't have much scope to dutch with another horse.  Had two late winners and so at least made a small profit of £6.20.  My balance is now £542.65 (£500 Bank)

UK cards decimated tomorrow. We are only left with Newcastle & Wolverhampton.  Looks like I may only have two graded races to look at as the other two have a 2/5 and and even money shot at the head of affairs.

22 hours ago, Wildgarden said:

515 Southwell love your work 6-4 most 3rd

645 southwell another angel 9-4 2nd most and big impact 9.4 Betfair exchange non runner

715 southwell andalaska bear 11-4 most drifted out struggled early

745 southwell three cs 6-4 most won

Not Great day but at least found one winner lol and another angel was half decent.

Edited by Wildgarden