** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

L1, L2, & Scottish Predictions > Sep 16th - 20th

Colchester Utd vs Bolton Wanderers

Colchester Utd

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Tom Lapslie (0/0 m), Diaz Wright (0/0 m)

Suspended:

Bolton Wanderers

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Dennis Politic (0/0 m), Liam Edwards (0/0 d), Muhammadu Faal (0/0 f)

Suspended:

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Hull vs Crewe

The League One action is back for another round this weekend with our choice of the matches coming in the 3pm BST kick-off on Saturday afternoon when recently relegated Hull play newly promoted Crewe in a fascinating clash at the KCOM Stadium. These two teams have had contrasting starts to their season so it'll be interesting to see if they continue with their respective form.

Hull were looking like a team short on confidence, quality, and form at the back end of last season as their nose dive into relegation was confirmed. The club has kept faith with manager Grant McCann and a number of big name players have left the club including Nouha Dicko, Markus Henriksen, Jackson Irvine, Eric Lichaj, Kevin Stewart, and Jon Toral. A wealth of fresh faces have been drafted in with Malik Wilks from Barnsley, Richard Smallwood of Blackburn, and Alfie Jones from Southampton being three of the more noteworthy additions. A 2-0 win away to Gillingham was a positive start and the Tigers have continued that fine form in the EFL Cup with victories over Sunderland and Leeds seeing them progress to the 3rd Round.

Crewe have been progressing well under manager David Artell with the gaffer being one of the highest rated up-and-coming managers in the Football League. Alexandra have been working with a limited budget, as always, over the summer and it's meant the only arrivals have been free transfers in the form of Mikael Mandron, Donervon Daniels, Omar Beckles, and Luke Murphy. A 2-0 loss at home to Charlton was disappointing albeit not entirely unexpected. A 1st Round elimination from the EFL Cup only added more misery to the start of their campaign after a 2-1 loss at home to Lincoln.

This is a tough game for Crewe as they begin their season at this level with one of the hardest opening set of fixtures. Hull looked solid enough against Gillingham to suggest they'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Based on what I've seen of Crewe it might take some time for them to adapt. Given the lack of funding available at the club it's unlikely they can hope for an immediate increase in quality but once the players adapt to this level they should be competing in most games.

Hull to Win @ 1.95 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.90 with BetVictor

Newport County vs Barrow

The second preview for this thread this weekend is the League Two clash between Newport County and newly promoted Barrow in a 3pm BST kick-off at Rodney Parade on Saturday afternoon. Why have I chosen this game to take a closer look? Well, firstly, I do love a bit of Newport County and, secondly, I'll actually be working at my girlfriend's place tomorrow which is literally on the other side of the road from the stadium so thought I might as well cover it here!

Newport County were being tipped to struggle this season by a lot of Football League pundits heading into this season. It's easy to see why. Michael Flynn's side didn't exactly end last season on a positive note and the team continues to work with a limited budget. The signing of striker Ryan Taylor could prove a masterstroke and even though the arrival of Kevin Ellison raised eyebrows his experience could prove vital. The Exiles began their league campaign with a hard-fought 1-1 draw away to Scunthorpe but the 2-0 win over Swansea and the 1-0 win against Cambridge in the EFL Cup to allow progress to the 3rd Round has been a highlight.

Barrow had to start life in the Football League with a lot of changes. New manager David Dunn needed to get his feet under the desk quickly as he replaced the outgoing Ian Evatt. A 1-1 draw at home against last season's relegation survivalists Stevenage was an encouraging first point but surely that's a game they would have wanted to win? The 0-0 draw with Derby only to lose on penalties in the EFL Cup 1st Round showed signs of what this squad can achieve. The jury remains out and will do for some time with Dunn. Evatt will be a tough act to follow, especially for such an inexperienced manager, but the quality is there.

I'm optimistic that Newport County can once again be in the mix for the play-offs this season. There is enough attacking quality to see them get goals but they just need to stop conceding silly goals. Barrow might need time to adapt to the pace of League Two football. If Evatt was still at the helm I'd probably be backing them to deliver more on the results front but this could be a long and tough season for the division's new boys.

Newport County to Win @ 2.25 with 888Sport

BTTS @ 1.91 with William Hill

Hibernian v Rangers.

It looks to me like Hibs are lining up to have a go at Rangers today so could see a few goals scored. Rangers have looked pretty decent so far this season, they've not conceded a goal yet but I think that ends today, I'd back this Hibs team to score against anyone. They're missing a couple of they're first picks today, also a couple of days after a European trip, this could be a good time to play them, I'm not saying Hibs will definitely win this but they have more of a chance than the odds are suggesting.

Hibs @ 9.00 - 0.5pt.

Hibs To Score First Half @ 3.25 - 1pt.

Aberdeen v Motherwell.

Aberdeen look decent odds here, Motherwell have been weakened with the sale of Turnbull and don't look like the side they were last season, the usual dull 1-0 to Aberdeen grind looks on the cards.

Aberdeen @ 2.00 - 1pt.

7 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Big game today @allyhibs. I'm still amazed that Hibs are at such long odds to win. Granted, I understand that the victory is unlikely but the value it opens up in the handicap market is well worth taking a look at.

I did consider a handicap bet Steve but it would've meant higher stakes at lower odds, probably. I wanted to keep the stakes down as wasn't massively confident, turned a good profit in the end though. 

WTF Aberdeen!!!!!