** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat - Monday Aug 31st

12.35 Southwell - 1pt e/w Star of St James @ 12/1 Bet365

Star of St James was only beaten a length at Ayr two starts back and ran respectably at Musselburgh last time in a higher grade. This is arguably his easiest assignment to date and I think these conditions might just suit - hopefully from a prominent sit from stall 2. His dam was a progressive type who stayed well so I think there could be more to come from Star of St James and given his fairly one paced nature, the fibresand might just suit so will have a go at a double figure price. 

12.45 Ripon - 1pt e/w Contact @ 10/1 Bet365

Backed this one on debut at Pontefract and thought it shaped pretty well despite being comfortably held. Travelled pretty well through it and didn't have the best of runs up the straight without being given a hard time and should come on for that. Definitely bred to enjoy the extra couple of furlongs here and hopefully soft ground won't inconvenience - should be okay on pedigree so think he could improve quite a bit today.

1.20 Ripon - 1pt win Just Hiss @ 13/2 Bet365

Market isn't speaking particularly in this one's favour but that could just be down to support for the favourite and this one is 3lbs higher for winning here last time despite everything going wrong, so it's reasonable to expect another competitive run here if things pan out a bit better. Still off a decent mark on old form so represents a good price to follow up.

1.50 Ripon - 1pt win Albadri @ 6/1 Bet365

Would be much shorter if this one came from a more powerful stable but Jane Chapple-Hyam wouldn't have many first time out winners so the fact this one was so impressive on debut, even at 100/1, suggests it's pretty decent. Form looks okay with a couple of horses in behind with previous good form and we know handles conditions so I think this one is a decent type and can take this in its stride.

2.10 Southwell - 1pt win Loose Chippings @ 7/1 Bet365

This one has never run badly around Southwell and although usually over further, definitely has enough speed for the mile. Was too keen last time out over 1m2f and I expect him to go forward from his wide draw here. A couple of these towards the head of the market have to prove their stamina and I think this one can just keep grinding from the front and put his to good use.

5 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

120 RIP 

Horzadar 221 +1 

Hesslewood 220 

Tricky race with a couple of the bookies favs as potential improves but these 2 have posted good form recently so I'll stick with them 

Horzadar 10pts win 6.0 betfair

Hesslewood 10pts win 13/2 betv

1st and 2nd 

Late to the plate today and to be honest some of my selections have already run.

One Trixie for £1 = £4 = poss £57.68 Return

3.35 San Arecibo £1 win at 9/4
5.15 San Arabic Charm £1.50 at 85/40
6.25 San Moomba £2 win at 15/8

Other bets:

3.35 San Recon Mission £1 win at 11/4

5.15 san Mr Poy 50p win at 9/2

5.50 San River Dawn £1 win at 9/2
5.50 San Al Namir 50p at 9/2
5.50 San Motawaafeq 50p at 11/1

Total Multiple stakes £4

Total singles stakes £8

Total stakes = £12

=========================================================================================================

I used to worry when I had a blank day, I don't do that anymore; it's all just part of the ups and downs of racing

Lost £4 on multiples so the new balance is £705.56 (£800 Bank)

Lost £8 on my singles bets so the new balance is £303.58 (£400 Bank)

Not too much class action tomorrow so I may have to look at some class 4 races to make the numbers up

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update