** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super League Predictions > Jan 18th & 19th

Olympiakos vs Aris

The Greek Super League throws up some tricky fixtures this weekend which don't really offer a lot in terms of value. I'm going to play it relatively safe and back a favourite to do a demolition job. It's league leaders Olympiakos taking on European qualification contenders Aris in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off on Sunday evening from the Karaiskakis Stadium in Piraeus.

Olympiakos are looking good to regain their Super League title as the club sits proudly at the summit of the table with a 1 point lead over reigning champions and closest rivals PAOK. Pedro Martins' side remain undefeated in the league with a focus on defence with 12 clean sheets in the league playing a key role. The clinical finishing of Youssef El-Arabi has also been vital to their efforts. It's 8 wins and 1 draw from their 9 league games at home so you have to back them here.

Aris will be satisfied with their campaign so far with the team sat in 4th place but they're only 1 point inside the Championship round qualification spots. Michael Oenning will want his team to put a strong run together to shore up their position in the league table. Getting wins on the road in the league has been a big problem. They've drawn 66% of their away matches but only picked up 1 win in the league away from home. However, they are six games unbeaten in all competitions so can they end that drought in this game?

I have to say that there aren't many more confident bets across European football than backing Olympiakos to win at home. I'm not sure they'll destroy Aris as they have done to other teams but I think backing a clean sheet win with a late lead established could be worth some value. Aris will be tough to grind down and Olympiakos have been known to be patient at home against teams that come with no other intention but to hold out for a draw.

Olympiakos to Win to Nil @ 1.55 with Sportingbet

Draw HT/ Olympiakos FT @ 3.85 with Unibet

@betcatalog, @THEODORE-007, @Magic0024, @Rey86, and @Icongene.

Clash with strong motivation, especially for Panetolikos. I expect the defenses to play a key role in the details, so few goals matter. Panetolikos will look to secure the tie and claim victory, while Lamia would say no to a point
PANAITOLIKOS vs LAMIA @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.55

Olympiacos is certainly a big favorite at home and in the absence of Mars. However, odds on legal betting sites are below 1.20 and there is certainly no value. I will go with the goals, where I expect an open game with goals and phases
OLYMPIACOS PIRAEUS vs ARIS THESSALONIKI @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.83

I have a tough duel, which will be judged in the details, which happens very often on the pitch. Xanthi, focuses on defense and hits the counterattack. Panathinaikos has a difficult time scoring and will try to win, with the quality and psychology he has acquired. I expect a very close match, with few goals and few goals
AO XANTHI FC vs PANATHINAIKOS @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.55

It will be an interesting and tough battle in OAKA. Panathinaikos, has good psychology and will be lined up for the tripod only. Atromitos, does not inspire confidence, despite his positive results, is quite vulnerable defense, 28 passive goals is a large number. I expect Panathinaikos to certify his rise and take the victory over Atromitos' poor defensive performance
PANATHINAIKOS vs ATROMITOS ATHINON @@ PANATHINAIKOS, odds 1.85

Interesting battle between two aggressive teams that will provide goals and spectacle. Olympiacos burns to three points in order to avoid losing contact with the first place, while OFI wishes to do damage and a good appearance against one of the major league teams. OFI, plays aggressively, but the easier he scores, the easier his attack is. I expect an aggressive game with opportunities and goals from both teams
OFI KRETA vs OLYMPIACOS PIRAEUS @@ Both team to score, odds 2.05

I expect it to be a very tough match, where it will be judged in detail. I don't see them taking any particular risks, the two coaches will try to close the seats, securing zero in defense and hitting the offensive. I'm expecting few goals and I'll bet on under 2.5
VOLOS NPS vs AEK ATHENS @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.72

Significant scoring showdown. Mars is definitely a favorite, but it won't be an easy showdown, Xanthi will try to close the open spaces in order to hit the counterattacks. I expect a close match, with a few phases in the two goals and goals, will be judged in detail and so few goals are a matter of luck
ARIS THESSALONIKI vs AO XANTHI FC @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.72

Important showdown, especially for PAOK, burning for victory. Lamia is not at her best, she has some changes in her roster, she is out of form, she has been struggling quite recently. PAOK will give them everything for the win, having the quality to score with many goals
LAMIA vs PAOK THESSALONIKI @@ +2.50 Over, odds 2.05