** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

NIFL & Welsh Cup Predictions > Dec 6th & 7th

nireland.jpg

walesodds.jpg

Here are the odds for this weekend's matches in this section. We have standard domestic action in Northern Ireland but we have the Welsh Cup 3rd Round matches coming up in Wales. Take a look at these games and see what bets take your fancy. @Wiltshire Shot, @Cheltenhamwhite. and @Bang on, we've got this! :ok

I am not clued up enough on the strength of the Welsh leagues. I do though like teams at home against lower league opposition and from what I can see I would go for a double on Aberystwyth(Won 2-1) and Cefn Druids(Won 2-0). Cefn Druids are in decent form as well so the double that pays 1.67/1 (approx 13/8) is worth a small bet.

I will leave detailed analysis to those who know more than myself about some of the teams involved.

Edited by Bang on
results

I'm on four Welsh matches, including a treble (all prices Bet365):

In the south, sixth place Briton Ferry are going nicely and host Caerau Ely, who already look doomed with only two points and a difference of -25.  Briton Ferry are 1/10 which is probably too short, which is why I put them in a treble.

As @Bang on says Cefn Druids are in decent form.  Guilsford are going well in the North, but there is a gap between the leagues which is shown by last year's promoted sides struggling, and I agree the Druids should get through comfortably.

Finally, Caernarfon travel to Goytre.  Both sides rely on their home form for the majority of their points, although Caernarfon have been clinical in their trips to weaker sides.  As Goytre are strong at home this may not be straightforward but there is a noticeable difference between the top of the Premier and the feeders and I'm happy with evens - I was expecting around 5/6.

The treble pays 255/100.

My other bet is Swansea University to beat Cambrian and Clydach in the cup.  The visitors are on a disappointing run without a win in the six games I've gone back, although four have been draws.  The students are second with nine wins from fourteen.  Although Swansea have dropped points recently I think a home win is better than a 50/50 call so I've taken the 21/20.

I'm not sure of my destination tomorrow; either Bangor to cheer them on, or Langefni which would be a new ground.

Rhyl vs STM Sports

The matches this week are tough to call, particularly in the Welsh Cup, but I'll give it a go anyway. @Wiltshire Shot, I am a big fan of that Swansea University bet. They've looked decent this season. Here, I'm looking at Rhyl hosting STM Sports because I feel it's worth a punt backing the away side who have exceeded expectations in the Welsh League Cup and on the road this season.

Rhyl sit in 3rd place in the Cymru North but they've already picked up a number of defeats in the league this season. It's a strange club that actually has a decent history in Welsh football having won the top flight title as recently as 2008/09. The current set-up doesn't appear to have a single manager in charge but more so a board of directors and then a management committee. Back-to-back defeats at home to Flint Town and Bangor will have unsettled the nerves ahead of this game against a team that has developed a reputation for giant-killing this season.

STM Sports are continuing their surging rise through the Welsh football pyramid. Promotion last season has seen them thrive in Cymru South with the club in 5th place and only 5 points behind league leaders Haverfordwest County. Dale Gardiner has already earned plaudits for guiding the team to the Welsh League Cup Final after they defeated the likes of Aberystwyth Town, Newtown, and Haverfordwest County in the way. It's now 5 games unbeaten in all competitions including three clean sheets. It feels like this is a club building something special.

I was initially wary about backing STM Sports because teams that have to travel the length of the country for a game can find it hard to get results. This is especially the case in cup games. However, STM Sports have shown this season that an away trip doesn't daunt them. The defeat of Newtown in the Welsh League Cup is proof that they have no fear and I think their odds of draw no bet are worth taking at the very least.

STM Sports Draw No Bet @ 2.00 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.70 with Bet365