** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

LOI, NIFL, and WPL Predictions > Nov 8th - 11th

welshodds.jpg

This weekend's odds for the Irish, Northern Irish, and Welsh football are here. Check them out. I'm going to take a break from previewing the Welsh games this week and take a look at the Northern Irish league for a change. If I was going to back a result then a draw between Barry Town and Connah's Quay could be worth a punt.

@Wiltshire Shot, @Cheltenhamwhite, and @Bang on, what are you guys thinking this week?

I will probably have a treble (All at HOME), Coleraine, Cliftonville, TNS ... pays just above evens (1.05 - 1).

Coleraine - top of the league and won their last 5, Glenavon 3rd bottom and no real form. -  Won 4-0

Cliftonville - 2nd in league, Warrenpoint lost 13 out of 14. - Won 4-0

TNS - One of the top sides, Carmarthen are bottom of league. - Postponed

Hopefully 3 good things.

Edited by Bang on
results

Wales...

Caernarfon travel to Newtown on the back of an impressive win against Barry; whether or not 4-1 flattered Caernarfon depends on which side's report you read!  The influential Jamie Crowther suffered injury a couple of weeks ago, and doesn't appear to have been missed.  Caernarfon's away record only shows seven points from six, but the fixture computer hasn't been kind and they have won their two games against bottom half sides.  Newtown lost heavily last week but the score was probably skewed by an earlyish red.  Newtown have been solid at home, but I think there's enough value in Caernarfon's 17/10 and I've taken it.

I'm not sure why Bet365 have taken down their prices on Aber v Bala - everyone else lists it and I'm not aware of the game being in danger.  Anyway, Bala are looking certain of a top half place.  Aberystwyth put in the worst WPL performance I've seen this season in losing the return game but in fairness have improved since, including an eye catching 5-1 at Airbus last week, and are unbeaten in five.  A month ago I'd have been all over Bala at about 5/6, but given Aber's improvement the prices seem about right and I'll probably watch the first fifteen on the box (the wife is working tonight so I have the telly) then see if I can back Bala in play if they're on top.  Bala are also presumably without Lassana Mendes who was red carded last week, and who is one of their key players, driving from central midfield.

Airbus host Penybont with both sides struggling for form.  The stats point to Airbus with Hills' 27/20 just about being value but I don't know enough about either side to place a bet with confidence.

I agree with @StevieDay1983 about Barry.  It's hard to know how much last week's defeat will impact on Barry, but on the other hand they have home advantage and loud support.  I can see a draw as well, but I think the bookies fancy Connah's Quay a bit too much - I'd have Barry slightly shorter than the near 2/1 available so I've taken them DNB at 6/5 with Paddy.  I admit this is a risk as the Nomads are top and haven't lost in the league yet, and I've called Barry wrong every time I've been involved with them this season!

If I get to a game tomorrow it'll be Cefn Druids against Cardiff MU, in which case I'll have an interest bet on the hosts DNB at just under evens.  I'm not familiar with either side though, but the table and recent form have them about even which is reflected in the price.

Finally, TNS should have no problem with Carmarthen.  I still don't think Carmarthen are as bad as four points from thirteen games suggests, but there is a definite gap in class between top and bottom.  Carmarthen when I last saw them had trouble retaining the ball after clearing it, which meant it kept coming back at them, which is likely on Saturday.  However, TNS haven't crushed many teams - only two wins by greater than a goal.  So, rather than taking them on the handicap I've got them in a treble at just over evens - like @Bang on - only my companions are Blackpool in the FA Cup and AZ in Holland.

Larne vs Crusaders

The NIFL Premiership is the focus of our attention in this section for a change. A Monday night clash between Larne and Crusaders at 7:45pm GMT gives us a chance to take a deeper look into the top flight of Northern Irish football. Can the mid-table home team stop the visitors from pushing on and putting pressure on the top two in the league title race this season?

Larne are in 6th in the table and they'll be pleased to have moved well clear of the relegation spots having earned promotion from the second tier of Northern Irish football last season. Manager Tiernan Lynch has seen his team have two league games without defeat. It was a solid response after back-to-back defeats to Glentoran in the County Antrim Cup and league.

Crusaders are one of the great names in Northern Irish football and the club is just slightly off the title pace in 3rd place. Stephen Baxter's men are 7 points off league leaders Coleraine but do possess a game in hand. The 2-0 loss to Coleraine a couple of weeks back was a big blow to their title hopes and it's now 4 league games without a win for the club.

The positive news for Crusaders is that they've only lost 1 of their 5 away matches in the league and they're playing a Larne side that have only won 2 of their 5 home league games. I think Larne will make this tough but I think it's time Crusaders bounced back from this disappointing run with a victory. I think they'll seal a narrow win in front of the Sky Sports cameras.

Crusaders to Win @ 2.30 with Sportingbet

Total Goals Scored Under 3.5 @ 1.75 with Marathonbet