** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super League Predictions > Aug 31st & Sep 1st

Although it is early, it is important for the two teams to work to calm down the Nationals. Especially Panathinaikos, who plays on his court, wants the victory. The OFI will be extended, with the aim of getting some. I don't think the two teams will take risks, it will probably be a close match, with few goals
PANATHINAIKOS vs OFI KRETA @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.70

Asteras Tripolis vs AEK Athens

The match that stood out for me in terms of value is the clash between 13th placed Asteras Tripolis and ante-post betting title contenders AEK Athens in a 7:30pm BST kick-off from the Theodoros Kolokotronis Stadium on Sunday night. Both teams started their league campaigns with defeats so a win here will go down well with both sets of fans but even just a draw would be an improvement in fortunes.

Asteras Tripolis managed to avoid relegation last season and it looks like it could be another season of struggles this year. Head coach Borja Jimenez saw his team only narrowly lose to Olympiakos in their opening game and they'll come into this game thinking they can catch another title hopeful on the hop. Panionios are on -6 points so Asteras are a few points off bottom but they'll want to get off the mark as soon as possible.

AEK Athens will be gutted that they started their season with a loss at home to Xanthi. The sending off cost them dearly in the 2-1 loss and they'll be desperate to bounce back to winning ways here. The defeat on away goals after a 3-3 draw on aggregate to Turkish side Trabzonspor in the Europa League Play-Off Round has also denied the club European football this season. Miguel Cardoso was sacked after the league game last week and with the managerial position vacant it's hoped that the players might play with more freedom. It almost worked in midweek as they beat Trabzonspor 2-0 in Turkey but it wasn't quite enough.

It's an interesting game and I can see why the bookies are wary about Asteras Tripolis. Their performance against Olympiakos was credible but I think their approach to the game aided them and restricted the hosts. At home, it'll be intriguing to see how they approach this. I think AEK Athens will be buoyed by the victory in midweek even though they were eliminated. I expect a narrow away win.

AEK Athens to Win @ 2.45 with Bet365

HT Draw/ FT AEK Athens @ 5.75 with Unibet

@betcatalog, @THEODORE-007, @Magic0024, and @Icongene, what do you think of the matches this week?