** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Premier League Predictions > Aug 23rd - 25th

6 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

Good analysis @Ulrik and I agree with much of what you have written. My concern is that Palace's performance at Bramall Lane last week was one of the worst I have seen in years; completely inept and witless. Team could not string a single pass together in opposition half and cohesion in attacking play was almost non-existent.

Palace are also missing 3 out 4 starters from last years backline: Wan-Bissaka (sold), Tomkins (injured) & Sakho (injured), Palace are not as defensively reliable with current makeshift backline.

As you've already highlighted this is a game between a team that can exploit space but isn't the most creative (Utd) and a team that plays with 2 banks of 4 which makes them adept at not allowing space (Palace) so ordinarily a generous AH line for Palace should be backed here. However, I feel Utd have improved from last year and short term outlook for Palace is not good.

Sheffield Utd could have scored more against Palace last week if they'd wanted to but instead they sat back after getting the 1 goal, did a professional performance and shut the game down. Man Utd may not be so frugal in their play after taking a lead against Palace.

Anyway, I like your posts, you have good knowledge of English Premier League and I think Leicester +0 or Leicester DNB at around 1.6 would be a relatively safe play for this card. If Sheffield Utd try to play that expansive centre-back stuff against a team like Leicester it will be very dangerous for them.

I put this on the table, but, its more with United problem, than a great defense for Crystal Palace, because that i make this bet. Probably this bet i win anyway, but result with Crystal Palace win is so much unlucky for United and so away from Top 4 caliber. 

And thanks appreciate the analyze, when i see a great value i'm coming back to post here

Tottenham vs Newcastle

The Premier League action continues into Sunday and even though there's no real stand-out matches at first glance I think some of the odds flying around in the Tottenham versus Newcastle game are quite interesting. Kick-off is 4:30pm BST on Sunday afternoon at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and already the wolves are out for Steve Bruce after just a couple of games of the season.

Tottenham didn't have the best of starts to the season when they went 1-0 down at home to newly promoted Aston Villa. Things have improved since then for Mauricio Pochettino's side with Spurs winning that game 3-1 and then getting a credible, yet controversial, 2-2 draw away to Manchester City. This will be a game where Pochettino's men will feel they can take all 3 points and potentially bolster their goal difference.

Newcastle are adapting to life after Rafa Benitez. Bruce wasn't a popular choice and after seeing shots being fired by former players such as Michael Chopra on Twitter against the current manager it suggests that everything is already starting to rot up on Tyneside. The Magpies have lost both of their league games so far. The 1-0 loss at home to Arsenal can be forgiven but the 3-1 defeat away to newly promoted Norwich was berated by the fan base. One statistic that Chopra highlighted on social media was the fact Newcastle are yet to complete a pass inside the opposition team's box after 180 minutes of league football. Something is clearly wrong with the tactics under Bruce and it's clear to see even at this early stage.

I'm going to have to state the obvious and back a convincing Tottenham win here. Pochettino is one of the best managers around right now and if him out-thinking the archaic tactics of Bruce wasn't enough of an incentive to back the home win then the vast difference in quality between the two squads will be. Tottenham to make light work of this winning by 2-3 goals at least.

Tottenham -1 @ 1.80 with Bet365

Tottenham HT/FT @ 1.87 with Coral

Tottenham x Newcastle 

Tottenham have a very balanced team and have already established themselves as one of England's greatest and a team that really wins big games, it was against City, Ajax, and last season's Premier League, despite as many problems as the World Cup. from Asia, Kane injury, lack of stadium, the team still managed to be solid as far as possible, reaching the Champions League final.

Newcastle have always had problems with Rafa Benitez, and the coach had a lot of prestige with the fans and you could clearly see why, since the team yielded a lot more than expected, and still without the coach who assembled this squad and rose with the team for the first division, to hire Steve Bruce, a very weak, underworked coach, who won't add anything to this weak team that still sold Ayoze Perez to Leicester.

I see one more misguided line here. Newcastle must be a punching bag in this Premier League season, and unlike the team with Rafa Benitez who parked the bus, this team has conceded a lot of goals, and must suffer a lot here against such a strong Tottenham and at home. I see no way for Newcastle to hold a 1-0 loss here and I see a full-blown Spurs scenario.

Tottenham -1.5 @1.85 Pinnacle 3 units

Bournemouth x Man City

Bournemouth is a totally low profile team, nobody talks a lot about it, it doesn't have very trendy players, much less a stadium that fills the eyes. It's a very small team in a giant league like the Premier League, although it looks helpless, the Bournemouth team is a great team and really hard to play against, especially in their stadium.

With Lerma and Billing in midfield, the team gains much more security in defense of the defense, and I find it difficult for the team to be scored by 3 goals right here with Manchester City on the other side. In such cases a bet is really quite difficult, because it is such a high handicap and such a discrepant difference between the teams, but I can see value here.

With Fraser and Harry Wilson on the tip and King and Wilson on the offense they make a team, in addition to the midfielders already mentioned. I see Bournemouth a much better-balanced and better-trained team than many Premier League teams, such as West Ham, who at home were beaten and had no chance of a draw.

I see this safe +2 line here, and a very possible push scenario, but on a shorter field, and with pieces that can protect well from the machine that is this Manchester City, I can see value in going lay on such a strong team. like Pep Guardiola's team here.

Bournemouth +2 @2.05 Pinnacle 2 units