** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday July 2nd

I put up Hidden Charmer as a bet when he ran at Fontwell two starts back and he faded very tamely after leading. That run meant I didn't fancy him much at Newton Abbot last week when he ran in the same race as Ballyknock Cloud. Coming to two out I thought Hidden Charmer was going to win the race, but he blundered and that was his chance over. It is interesting they are running him so soon and not waiting to see if the handicapper dropped him anything for his run. He is dropping slightly in trip and looks on paper like he will get an easy lead at a track that suits front runners. I think the Newton Abbot race was stronger than this as well so at 9/1 it looks worth having a small e/w bet on him. Damut Im Out won well at Bangor and the 2nd has won since although he has been put up 9lbs for that win and it is basically 1st as his jockey claimed 5lbs at Bangor. That looks plenty enough for me. Starlight Court ran better than I thought he would here last time behind a horse who was clearly very well handicapped. I'm not sure there was much depth to that race though. Still the step up in trip looks in his favour and he could be the main danger.

That comes in race 5 and race 6 is the bumper where Durouyn makes his rules debut. I put him up as one of the bets in the Aintree point-to-point bumper, but he was a non-runner. He then went unsold at the sales which was slightly surprising given he looked good winning his point bumper at Hereford. He clocked a time a second faster than the other division and the winner of that carried less weight. Granted that horse ran way below expectations in that Aintree race, but I'd be amazed if that was her true running. Durouyn did it well and looked like he would benefit from the experience as well. Vinnie's Gataway is odds on at the moment and was odds on over course and distance a month ago when a one paced 2nd. The slow pace might not have suited that day, but then chances are this race won't be a strong gallop either and he doesn't look like he should be an odds on shot to me. Nomountainhienough doesn't really look the part on paper, but his trainer has a 31% strike-rate in bumpers and has sent him down from Scotland. He has also only sent 1 horse to Stratford before and that won. Now given the time of year there won't be that many options if a trainer in Scotland wants to run one in the bumper, but even so those stats suggest he has to be a danger. 11/4 about Durouyn looks a fair price to me though and hopefully he can add to the Hereford win.