Memorial Tournament

Bamford

We move from one classical course, to another in the form of Muirfield Village GC this week for The Memorial Tournament. 'Jack's Place,' that's right this is Jack Nicklaus' annual PGA Tour tournament - an event which Tiger Woods has dominated over the years. He plays this week after his disappointing MC at the PGA Championship, alongside the likes of Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler, Jason Day, Justin Thomas, Justin Rose and a rejuvenated Jordan Spieth. 

With such quality on-show it would be easy to stick with the big names, but in winners Bryson DeChambeau, Jason Dufner, William McGirt and David Lingmerth of late, this has been far from dominated by the elite, with prices varying between 50/1 to 500/1. 

I'm going for a mix of price this week so Patrick Cantlay at 18/1, Matt Kuchar at 20/1; supported by Jim Furyk at 80s, Andrew Putnam and 125s and Matt Every at 175s. 

Plenty of big priced favourites over the year here. I'm going to take Cantlay first up. T4 here last year and improving with every tournament. Looks a real good shout this week. Next up I'll take Kuchar. Another guy who has produced the goods here in the past with a T4 two years running in 2016 and 2017.

I'll also take Kuchar. A guy who has done well here in the past and is still right up there in the stats. Finau and Furyk are more for their result last week. Furyk I've been waiting for a decent result before backing him and the price here is just far too big with 8 places being paid.

Finally, I'll take Grillo and An here. An has a brilliant record here of being runner up last year, T25 in 2017 and T11 the previous year so obviously this is a course he likes and he will want a good showing.

2pts E/W P.Cantlay 16/1 boylesports (paying 8 places)
1.5pts E/W M.Kuchar 18/1 boylesports (paying 8 places)
1pt E/W T.Finau 20/1 boylesports (paying 8 places)
0.5pts E/W E.Grillo 70/1 paddypower (paying 8 places)
0.5pts E/W J.Furyk 80/1 paddypower (paying 8 places)
0.5pts E/W B.An 80/1 paddypower (paying 8 places)

What a performance from Cantlay to win. Grillo comes 9th. Which is very annoying, An just outside the payment area also but Cantlay was awesome.

Props for Scott who also played well. I've already backed Cantlay for the Masters at 28s. He is on fire at present. A Good 16/1 winner.