Horse racing live streams

Withnail

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations on horse racing live streams.
If I search around on Google then Racing UK keeps popping up.
It seems a bit pricey but I don't mind that if it works well.
I'm in Belgium and would like to watch live UK racing (for trading on exchanges) and possibly some US racing.
I will be watching on desktop pc.
Thanks in advance :-)

Edited by Withnail

AtTheRaces is £9.99 per month on desktop I believe

http://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer

You get the races from the US each night, plus Australia too as well as the courses from the UK that are not with Racing UK.
Next year this is going to be changed to Sky Sports Racing.

Racing UK is very good but its over £20 per month to subscribe. Be careful though because anyone who gets Racing UK on Virgin cant watch it live on the PC version or even the replays. This may also be the same for other networks.
I can watch it online but only through VirginTV. 

(I think you can watch racing via some other devices, try searching ex-pat tv for example)

56 minutes ago, Withnail said:

So ATR covers all UK racing but Racing UK doesn't cover all the UK courses?
Think I'd rather use a vpn with ATR then.
I've been using the william hill radio commentary as well but I have no idea whether there's a big delay or not.

Since I don't personally use either, I couldn't confirm if ATR covers all live UK races (they may actually only have the rights to the remaining 23 courses). Probably best to email ATR to clarify.

I am aware though from reading some RP articles that ATR will not be able broadcast live Irish races from the beginning of 2019.

Update

Just found this on the ATR site

What is At The Races?
At The Races is a dedicated horse racing channel broadcasting daily, live action from the UK and Ireland. Domestic distribution of the TV channel extends to over 12 million UK and Irish homes via digital satellite and cable television on the following channels: Sky 415, Virgin 535 and Virgin Ireland 418. The company is majority owned by BSkyB and operates through a joint venture partnership between BSkyB and Arena Racing Company (ARC).

Which UK and Irish courses does At The Races have the rights to broadcast?
ATR broadcasts racing from the following tracks in the UK: Bath, Brighton, Chelmsford, Chepstow, Doncaster, Fakenham, FFos Las, Fontwell, Hereford, Hexham, Lingfield, Newcastle, Newton Abbot, Plumpton, Ripon, Sedgefield, Southwell, Towcester, Uttoxeter, Windsor, Wolverhampton, Worcester and Yarmouth. ATR also broadcasts exclusive coverage from all Irish racecourses: Ballinrobe, Bellewstown, Clonmel, Cork, Curragh, Down Royal, Downpatrick, Dundalk, Fairyhouse, Galway, Gowran, Kilbeggan, Killarney, Laytown, Leopardstown, Limerick, Listowel, Naas, Navan, Punchestown, Roscommon, Sligo, Thurles, Tipperary, Tramore and Wexford.

Does At The Races broadcast any overseas racing?
Yes. ATR broadcasts live US racing every evening and Australian racing from 2am every morning. ATR also covers selected high-profile meetings from France, the Dubai International Racing Carnival and top races from Italy and around the world.

Will At The Races ever charge subscription for the TV service?
No. ATR is committed to making racing available to the widest possible audience without compromise on quality of coverage.

How can I contact At The Races? 
To get in touch with us electronically, you can either use the Feedback tab on the left-hand side of the website or email [email protected].

Alternatively, you can write to us at:

At The Races
14th Floor
Millbank Tower
LONDON
SW1P 4QP

Or call our head office on 0207 420 3200.

Edited by skylark2009
Updated ATR

So basically if you want coverage of all UK courses you'd have to subscribe to both, because for example Ayr, Catterick, Newmarket and Newbury are not on the ATR list. Though ATR's coverage is pretty comprehensive to be fair.
How naive of me, I thought there'd be a number of options available with full coverage haha

Betfair live stream would be fine but i can't use Betfair from Belgium.
I use Orbit exchange through an agent but there's no stream as far as I'm aware of.
Guess I'll look around for decent radio options first, thanks for the info.

Edited by Withnail

Thanks for the tip on the delays, I thought as much.
I just looked for IPTV in Belgium but all the sites offering it look a bit shady and their business addresses are mostly home addresses on Google maps. Also lots of news reports on Google about IPTV companies getting shut down here so it's probably banned in Belgium.

I don't know why you can't send me a message, I can't see anything in settings to change this, although I see I'm a "restricted member", don't really know what that means...

@The SecretJockey  @Valiant Thor

3 hours ago, Withnail said:

Thanks for the tip on the delays, I thought as much.
I just looked for IPTV in Belgium but all the sites offering it look a bit shady and their business addresses are mostly home addresses on Google maps. Also lots of news reports on Google about IPTV companies getting shut down here so it's probably banned in Belgium.

@The SecretJockey@Valiant Thor

Its illegal in uk as well get yourself a good VPN ;)