** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis Tips - August 6 - August 12

• 2 weeks later...

Adrian Mannarino to beat Sam Querrey at 2.37 with bet365

I think Adrian deserves a bet here. He reached the quarterfinal of Rogers cup last season and Sam is in awful form and add that Adrian owns a 3-1 record in this matchup having won 3 times on american soil in US open, Cincinnati and Miami. And what we get is a probable win for Adrian.

Marco Cecchinato to beat Francis Tiafoe at 3.30 with Unibet

The Italian has done pretty much nothing on hard courts so far in this season, but I still think that he's worth chancing against Tiafoe, who hasn't exactly done a lot recently and who struggled a bit against Cecchinato when the two met in the Aussie Open qualifiers last year. Cecchinato has improved massively since then, while I can't say the same about Tiafoe. He's the favourite, but not a 1.40 one.

Fabio Fognini (-1.5 sets) to beat Steve Johnson at 2.93 with Pinnaclesports

Fabio has an outstanding record on Steve with 3-0 where one of the meetings was at Rogers cup Toronto 2016 and that meeting ended 6-4 6-4 in favor of Fabio. Now Fabio also has done an excellent hardcourt tournament in Los Cabos where he won the title chocking Juan Martin Del Potro in the final by 6-4 6-4 decision and he was scarry good in the semi when he beat Cam Norrie, he didn't give the guy a break even once and the same happened to Juan Martin in the final. Fabio is in form and really dangerous even on hardcourts. His return game will tear Steves serve apart. I don't think Steve was so hot recently in Newport when he won the title, he just won it by his final opponent Ramkumars lack of experience.

Edited by four-leaf

Diego Schwartzman to beat Sam Querrey at 2.02 with Unibet

Schwartzman was really impressive against Edmund in the previous round and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get another win here. Querrey has a bigger serve than Edmund and a slightly better backhand, but he's not in a great form at the moment and his mental side could come crashing down if Schwartzman gets some good returns in here and there. 60/40 imo.

Duckhee Lee to beat Yibing Wu at 2.29 with Pinnacle

Pretty good chance that Duckhee wins this. Not because he is higher ranked but more because of Yibings recent injury problems, he's just started to come back and it will probably take some time for him to find his game again. He was good against Henri Laaksonen last week but one good performance is not enough to convince me that he can beat Duckhee.

Grigor Dimitrov to beat Francis Tiafoe at 1.75 with BetVictor

Diego Schwartzman (+1.5 sets) to beat Marin Cilic at 1.74 with Pinnacle

Tiafoe did well to beat Raonic in the previous round, but it seemed to be more about the Canadian losing energy at the end of the match, which is something Grigor shouldn't have any problems with. He should now be boosted by a cracking win over Verdasco and that's why I fancy him quite strongly here, the forehand should do enough damage. And, well, I'm also continuing to ride the Schwartzman wave, not much explanation needed there I believe.

Maria Sharapova (-1.5 sets) to beat Caroline Garcia at 2.38 with Pinnacle

Masha can blitz through this just like she's done in her two previous matches in Toronto. By giving Dasha Kasatkina three chances to break serve in one game of second set and saving them all I think Masha has a glorious opportunity to take this in 2 sets. She's on a roll and when Masha is on a roll you step in on her.

Aryna Sabalenka (+1.5 sets) to beat Caroline Wozniacki at 2.11 with Pinnacle

I think Aryna should get her chances in this match. Caroline is a bit doubtful with her game now probably having needed to withdraw last week and coming this without matchpractice on hardcourt since Miami/Indian Wells. She'll probably have enough problems on her own serve for Aryna to get a break somewhere. It was a close match when they met in Eastbourne and it will likely be closer this time.

Grigor Dimitrov to beat Kevin Anderson at 2.21 with Pinnacle

Kevin isn't serving at his best right now. He's a bit lower in his standard than usual. He made up for it with good baseline play in his last match but that was only what was enough to beat Ilya Ivashka but Grigor can do a lot more damage than Ilya did. Grigor also owns a 6-1 record in this matchup having won all last 5 meetings with last one being in Stockholm 2016. Grigor seems to have picked up some form in Toronto that I haven't seen from him all season so I think he'll beat Kevin again. It's at least more likely than the odds suggest so at 2.21 I'm more than happy to bet on the bulgarian.

Kiki Bertens to beat Ashleigh Barty at 1.83

Ok, I'll preface this by saying I'm a Kiki Bertens fan, so maybe I'm a bit biased, but I have been impressed that she has scored two top 10 wins (over Pliskova and Kvitova) this week, both by a 2-0 scoreline. As hard court isn't her favoured surface, these are stunning results. Barty has also won in convincing fashion this week but against lower-ranked players, so I think Bertens deserves to be slight favourite.

On 08/08/2018 at 4:23 PM, yogg said:

just back from a great day out at the womens ITF Chiswick.

a really good standard of tennis and all for free!

I love these events :ok

Diatchenko beats Grammatikopoulou in today's final 6-1 7-5.

an excellent match and another great day out :ok