** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > April 7th

Darran

The weather has caused all sorts of problems and the fact the worst of it has hit late into the season means lots of clubs are having to play Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday at the moment and in the next couple of weeks there are going to be some tired legs out there. Its going to be hard as a punter to try and keep up with when games are taking place and who has played when, but hopefully there will be money to be made.

AFC Fylde v Sutton

Fair play to Sutton boss Paul Doswell as after the loss to Bromley on Monday he admitted Sutton can no longer win the title. To be fair I am not sure he will be all that bothered. He knows that going up will hurt the club given they will have to replace their 3g pitch and although if it happened they will do it, reading between the lines it seems to me that the club hope it doesn't happen. They looked a side who had run out of steam on Monday and really struggled against a Bromley side who deservedly won the game. They now have to travel to a Fylde side who have almost been unstoppable at home. It is worth pointing out that they have beaten Tranmere 5-2, Macclesfield 6-0 and Aldershot 7-1 at home since the turn of the year. They have only lost 3 games at home all season and since the turn of the year they have played 11 home games and Leyton Orient were the only team to beat them. They are in with a real chance of getting into the play-offs at the first time of asking, but even if they don't go up this year they are already on my radar for next season's title. To me Sutton are there for the taking and Fylde are more than good enough to take full advantage. They look a fair bet at 129/100 with Marathon.

Southport v Nuneaton

Although Southport's defeat against Alfreton was a costly one for us I am happy to back them again here. After that Alfreton game they lost 3-2 to York, but that was still a decent effort. Both their games over Easter were called off so they have had a week and a half without a game which is no bad thing. I am happy to take on Nuneaton despite the fact they have only lost once in their last 10 games.The important thing for me though is the improvement came under Dino Maamria, but since he has gone to Stevenage performances have definitely become worse. Their last 3 games have seen them draw with North Ferriby, lose to Leamington and draw with Alfreton in a game which was low on quality. Southport for me have the clear edge in this and I am happy to take the even money with Betway.

Truro v East Thurrock

The home side are looking to keep themselves in the play-offs and they look a big price here to pick up another 3 points. They had won 4 games on the bounce prior to a thrilling 3-3 draw with Hemel on Good Friday. Hemel took the lead 3 times and Truro's 3rd came in the 94th minute. East Thurrock on the other hand have only won twice in their last ten games and they came against Bognor who are all but relegated and Concord who are in a relegation battle. They have nothing left to play for now and for me the home side should be odds on so Marathon's 29/25 makes plenty of appeal.

Banbury v Biggleswade

So the weather beat us when trying to oppose Biggleswade on Wednesday night, but we get another chance on Saturday. The story took another twist though when the goalkeeper who was meant to have been in Poland was actually still in England and has never even been to Poland. He had played for them in pre season, but he doesn't actually want to play for them which is a little surprising given he now has a bit of fame. The league may allow them to sign an emergency keeper but I would be surprised if that did happen to be honest. Even if they did Banbury should win anyway and in their last 10 games Hereford are the only team who have beaten them. They score plenty of goals as well so they should put whoever plays in goal under plenty of pressure. The -1 is 11/10 with a handful of bookies and hopefully we might see a few more price it up.

AFC Fylde 2pts @ 129/100 with Marathon

Southport 2pts @ Evs with Betway

Truro 3pts @ 29/25 with Marathon

Banbury -1 4pts @ 11/10 with Skybet/BetVictory/Betbright

As always great write ups Darran

I like a couple of games this weekend:

Wealdstone vs. Bath

Wealdstone seem to be coasting a little bit, and have quite a few fixtures to pack in before the end of the season. Bath have an outside chance of reaching the playoffs, albeit an outside one as they have played a game more than those around them and are still chasing. Still, I think that belief and some good recent results, including a hammering of Gloucester and respectable draw away at Hemel, make them a decent shout. I'm happy to take them as slight favourites at 2.5 on Sportium.

Blyth vs. Kidderminster

Blyth's form in the last 4 matches has been to lose all 4, and this is reflected in their odds. However, they have quite a good form at home, and I am willing to take them to beat Kidderminster. A victory would be the third win in a row for them at home, despite not playing a home game at all since February. Kiddy are also no great shakes, and their current form suggests they could easily score 1 or 2 goals here. They look comfortable to make the playoffs though, and this does not seem to be a must-win game for them, whilst Blyth's slim playoff chances really hang on this game. I'm willing to take that risk and go for a home win at 3.2 with Sportium.

Where a team finishes in the play-offs though is crucial this season as to who they might have to play and if they get home advantage so I certainly wouldn't be opposing a team who look certain to be in the play-offs just on that basis.

Sorry guys that was pretty shocking today thankfully they have been pretty rare this season. Seems like Banbury didn’t test the keeper enough in the first half and then he pulled off some great saves in the 2nd. Was able to get a tip out late on Twitter after seeing some team news which won but it was pointless putting it here as it was so close to kick off.

Darran I happy that I put some money on Tranmere and Wrexham last round :)

I see few matches for tomorrow, Im interested your opinion :)

Chester - Bromley 2

Guiseley - Dagenham 2

Halifax - Sutton 2

Tranmere - Gatesshead 1 

I will be very happy to see your opinion :)

Bromley should win, but sometimes you get funny results when a team has been relegated however given the manager will be changing it is hard to see why the Chester players should be motivated, Guiseley haven't done too badly of late and Dagenham are hard to predict at the moment although they should win. I am going to tipping up Halifax to beat Sutton so more on that later. Tranmere should win although hardly a backable price.