£20 Daily Challenge - All Welcome

My Royal Ascot Day One Longshots 

1430 - Stormy Antarctic £2 @  28-1 ew 

1505 - Maxi Boy £2 @ 28-1 ew 

1540 - Signora Cabello £1 @ 80-1 ew 

1620 - Fox Champion £1 @ 25-1 ew

1700 - Mixboy £2 @ 33-1 ew 

1735 - Oasis Charm £2 @ 28-1 ew 

My Royal Ascot Day 2 Longshots (Hopefully better than yesterday!)

1430 - Multiply By Eight @ 66-1 - £1 ew

1505 - Nate The Great @ 12-1  - £2 ew

1540 - Hunting Horn @ 66-1 - £2 ew

1620 - Nyaleti @ 40-1 - £2 ew

1700 - Zhui Feng @ 66-1 - £2 ew

1735 - Better The Devil @ 33-1 - £1 ew

Day 3 (Third time lucky)

1430 - Real Appeal @ 25-1 ew £2

1505 - Arthur Kitt @ 40-1 ew £1

1540 - Sparkle Roll @ 12-1 ew £2

1620 - Master Of Reality @ 100-1 ew £1

1700 - Dubai Legacy @ 33-1 ew £2

1735 - Almania @ 16-1 ew £2

12 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Due to the favourite-longshot bias I think you will struggle to make any money backing longshots.

I assume your advice is for me? And judged on the garbage I've been posting on this daily £20 challenge (just for fun game) , it is sound advice!! But just to let you know I've only been following Horse Racing for about a couple of months and am very much a novice, but I have found that I get no enjoyment at ALL in backing a favourite at low odds and winning that way. I experimented with all Punters Lounge's Tips and advice and from 1st June decided to pick between 3 - 8 Longshots per day, which was going very well until Royal Ascot started, and learned the hard way that these class of horses in such big fields are unlikely to throw up many longshots and if they do you still need to be on the right longshot! Also I'd like to make it clear that I bet very much for fun and to get that excitement that I have experienced from winning (or placing sometimes) with a longshot with a daily amount of cash I can afford to lose if neither of my selections make any money(Luckily I'm still going strong with initial stake from over 2 months ago). On 22-4-19 sizing platinum 11-2, bazarov 4-1, no no cardinal 3-1, casey jem 9-2 and golden spred 11-2 (ordinary world 11-4 lost) won me a nice amount on 4/5 fold acca as well as single bets on same horses, but this is the only acca that have come off for me(and that was a lucky fluke picking out other peoples tips at random and putting them together!) so trying to emulate that would happen maybe 2 or 3 times a year if I was lucky. My longshots, (at the moment) on average, win every other day and one or two place every other day and as an example Ghalib @ 66-1 winner and even Master Of Reality @ 100-1 placed 3rd earned less money but gave me more enjoyment which, for me, is what its all about.( Reading this back it might come across rude or judgemental so just let me make it clear that's not my intention, just wanted to let you know that I'm sure over time your advice is right, I'm not doing this to make money just a bit of fun, so thanks anyway.)

1 hour ago, BillyHills said:

Dont worry Le Male, Mr Clarke always likes to, lets say scrutinise others.

Pity he doesn't back it up with his own ideas on how to make it pay:\

Keep going mate, its only a bit of fun:ok

Thanks Billy.

9 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

No problem LEMALE, no offence taken. I was only attempting to offer some genuine advice based on many years (until recently) of losing money.

Advice appreciated, glad to hear you've had an upturn in fortunes MCLARKE.