** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

£20 Daily Challenge - All Welcome

5 hours ago, BillyHills said:

3 TV Handicaps @ bet365 

205 H: Just Hiss 15/2, Mitchum Swagger 100/30
315 H: 3rd Final Venture 12/1Won Dakota Gold 5/1
335 N: Pivoine 20/1, Won Wissahickon 11/1, Alfarris 11/1 (8 places)

2x2x3 = 16 Doubles @ 40p EW , 12 Trebles @ 30p EW

Returns £37.38p

New month new strategy!

Going to concentrate on the Jumps now, try and pick 1 handicap each day that has enough runners to make it interesting. Looking at previous winners and trends.

4.35 Southwell

Class 4 handicap hurdle with 10 runners. The race has been run 4 times although last year it was split as it is today.

4/5 Winners aged 7 or more
4/5 Carried 11st or more
4/5 Ran within a month
3/5 Winners rated higher than 100

We are left with the favourite Todd and Stonemadforspeed, the latter looks out of form although he is a C/D winner. Todd looks the obvious one and the booking of Richard Johnson is a plus. RJ rides for McPherson in Div 2 of this race and gets off the Ollie Murphy runner so I reckon he must fancy this.
Fleeting Visit was a NR yesterday and looks best of the rest.

£10 Todd 5/2 PP
£3 Fleeting Visit 5/1 bet365
50p EW Stonemadforspeed 25/1 bet365

£1 Comb F/C the above.

430 Bangor

8 runners here and last year Donald McCain took this contest with a horse rated 115, his Quids In runs off the same mark today and makes his debut for the stable after leaving Oliver Greenall. His last few starts over hurdles were on soft ground so he could easily bounce back to form here.
Lovato is the favourite and rightly so, he made a decent comeback at Stratford last time and the yatd are flying at the minute, he should be hard to beat.
My top rated horse is Red Hot Chilly who was a good second at Worcester last time and he can make up the combination f/c.

£8.75 Lovato 2/1 
£5.25 Quids In 4/1
£1 C/F 1,5,6

335 Huntingdon
Going to have a crack at the big field handicap at Huntingdon today, its a weak affair for a Class 5 and any amount have a chance on their best form.
Last year it was split and both division were won by a horse coming back after a layoff, both Wakiki Waves and Boughtbeforelunch fit that profile today.

Top rated runner is Macksville who ran ok over a longer trip last time but was better before that when second over this sort of trip. He looks to be the form horse at present. Inniscastle Lad comes out well at these weights, he is slipping down the handicap and is more than capable of winning in this grade

5.19pts Macksville 11/2 PP
4.81pts Boughtbeforelunch 6/1 PP
1pt  Inniscastle Lad 16/1 Betfair

75p Comb Forecast : 1,4,5,10

Bank 847.68

I've had a break from the thread for a few weeks but think it might be time now to get started on the Jumps with the All Weather as a back up

Font 2.05 - think it's worth taking on the favourite here. Magical Thomas has won his last 2 but is up in class today from class 5 to class 3 … that's quite a big jump. Mellow Ben looks solid, a CD winner, won last time out. He beat Sensible Friend easily that day into 2nd and I think he'll beat him again despite the weight change. Main danger looks to be Cubswin who is young and goes well fresh

Font 5.00 - Only 5 runners here and a couple of them look like no hopers. The front two in the market should have the race between them and as they're both odds against can't really see much point in looking any further !

Selections

2.05 Mellow Ben 7/2and Cubswin 9/2

5.00 Waterloo Warrior 13/8 and Mercers Court 9/4

4 x £5 cross doubles

250 Hexham

Todays pick boiled down to two races at Hexham as Fontwell is an awful card. The mares race at 2.50 looks the most interesting.
Tara Mac makes the long journey up and bolted up over fences last time, she rarely runs two races the same and looks a bit short in the betting. Gordon Elliott sends one in the shape of Isle Of Destiny, she has finished 3rd in her last 3 maiden hurdles and is not especially treated on 107 as far as I can see.
The two I like are Lady Mix and Katy Royal, Lady Mix will attempt to make all, she's pretty gutsy and will take some passing while Katy Royal is my top rated runner who stays 3 miles, thats not a bad thing on this stiff track and could be going on at the end when some have had enough.

£3.68 Lady Mix 9/1
£4.32 Katy Royal 15/2

£1 Comb F/C: 1,2,3,11

:ok

4 hours ago, Trotter said:

Bank 847.68

I've had a break from the thread for a few weeks but think it might be time now to get started on the Jumps with the All Weather as a back up

Oh dear, first race back on the Jumps and my Nap of the Day falls, over hurdles !

Might as well set the scene for the winter ……….. :loon:D

Sticking with the jumpers. Taking a view against the current front two in the market in my first race. 

Kelso 2.50 - Nendrum 7/2 and Chookie Royale 9/2

Kelso 4.25 - Simply Ned 3/1 and Vosne Romanee 3/1

Good to see the veteran Chookie Royale having a second lease of life over sticks ……. I had a few good wins on him when I was following the AW five or six years ago

505 Uttoxeter

A very average handicap to look at and from what I can see not many of these are capable of winning in this grade. Top rated is Polished Rock which is no surprise as he's about the only runner with decent current form, the others need poor efforts to forgive.
Cernunnos would be interesting if he had shown something recently, he continues to drop down he weights and ran another lifeless race last time. I think the ex-Irish runner Bailey Sunset could have more to offer and also Silent Account should be able to improve on his last run in first time cheek pieces.

£5.38 Bailey Sunset 5/1
£8.62 Polished Rock 11/4

£1 Comb F/C 3,6,7