Racing Chat - Monday 8th Jan (Hereford - Off)

Toss up tomorrow between two improving handicappers. Inspection at Hereford so will put both up just in case.

400 Hereford : Shroughmore Lass 5/2 bet365
Showed zilch in three run in maiden hurdles and then was well backed on her handicap debut at Chepstow and bolted up. The trainer made no secret that they expected a good run and now the cat is out of the bag I expect she will go on and improve even more over this longer trip.

245 Fontwell : De Rasher Counter 15/8 PP
Another runner who has had three runs for new connections in novice hurdles and now going handicapping. The opening doesn't look too generous but connections must think they can win a small race now. A decent second at Doncaster last time just about sets the standard and the yard are in decent nick.

4.15 Wolves - Grey Destiny B365 3/1

Agreed it’s a trappy little class 6. Cam Hardie  is jumping off to allow the claimer to take off 5. It beat a hot pot in Mansfield in a class 5 event. William Cox the claimer was actually in that race so must be pleased with the fact that he’s riding Grey Destiny after seeing him beat him on Ubla.

I’m going to do a little saver on Dark Alliance or a reverse forecast in case it comes back to form.

Edited by godofhorses
Bookies odds/spelling

• BillyHills changed the title to Racing Chat - Monday 8th Jan (Hereford - Off)
22 hours ago, godofhorses said:

4.15 Wolves - Grey Destiny B365 3/1

Agreed it’s a trappy little class 6. Cam Hardie  is jumping off to allow the claimer to take off 5. It beat a hot pot in Mansfield in a class 5 event. William Cox the claimer was actually in that race so must be pleased with the fact that he’s riding Grey Destiny after seeing him beat him on Ubla.

I’m going to do a little saver on Dark Alliance or a reverse forecast in case it comes back to form.

Mmmm maybe I was wrong about claimers! The past jockeys have ridden this horse with a bit more ooomph. Oh well a bit disappointed with that!!!!Am I being harsh? My daughter is a jockey and she thought she could’ve ridden it better! Got the saver in at least!

At least the young jockey explained how he thought the horse is ridden at home! He did win the next race!

Edited by godofhorses
More comments

2 hours ago, jonshell said:

Thought it had lost a leg. seen 22/1 at one point. Run a half decent race for a drifter. Looked like half a chance turning in then the white flag went up inside final furlong.

Hi Jonshell, thanks for the advice. Unlucky not to get a place in the end. I agreed that it was in with a shout. I did it eway and thought we was going to pick up.