** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Teams to score 2 goals ...simples

jtw1

VERONA have scored in 4/7 aways [2+ in 3] with a s-p-g of 10.6 in those 7 aways , Spal have conceded in 6/7 homes [2+ in 3]

Not eycatching tbh but Spal will be missing their regular defender Fillipe through suspension and according to the football Italia site his partner in the middle of defence , Salomon , is also unavailable through although other sites say he's ok .

Bit of a longshot but i'm hoping the promise of the winner getting out of the relegation zone for the winner and with Spal's defence weakened with at least Filipe out it hink the odds on Verona netting twice are looking decent

Odds - 3.5

MAN CITY have scored 2+ in all 7 aways , 2+ in 6 of those . S-p-g average away from home is 17.0 !!

Man utd have conceded only once at Old Trafford this season but looking back at the h2h's in the corresponding fixture and Man city have scored in 7 of the last 8 with 2+ in 6.

After a few lack-luster games against inferior opposition this should bring out the best in City , a few were rested in the mid-week defeat to Shakthar....they are well used to coming up against parked buses and should mangae a couple today.

Odds - 2.05

I shall now try and explain what the screenshot 2 posts up is all about....:)

Basically i look at teams who have an above average goalscoring record and are playing sides who tend to let in more than they should . So the shot above shows the games a wanted to have a further look into with regards to finding some selections but i've been finding that following the selections blindly would be showing a decent profit . This maybe coincidence as it's only been a few weeks this has been up and running but even in the few weeks before starting i noticed there were certainly more wins than losses following it blindly .

This weeks example lists the teams that caught the eye and came in were  PALACE , NEWCASTLE , MAN CITY , DERBY , HULL , MIDDLESBORO , VERONA , VALENCIA , GUINGAMP and TWENTE ...so that would have been 10 wins with 2 still to come from 16 originally picked and with odds around the 2.00 mark .

So what i propose from the next week is to list all the original selections and keep an eye on them as the season progesses.

Full set of qualifying teams for Tuesday 12/12 -

CRYSTAL PALACE  2.05

B MUNCHENGLADBACH  1.91

DORTMUND  1.60

KILMARNOCK  2.70

ALKMAAR   2.05

BREDA  2.10

CRYSTAL PALACE  - 2+ goals in 5/8 homes [the last 5 at home] with a shots- per- game average of 16.0 while Watford have conceded in 5/8 aways [2+ in 3] and their long list of absentees will lengthen if Zeeglaars red card from saturday is not recinded.

I'm banking on PALACE to continue their current mini-revival on Tuesday esp as Benteke cost them 3pts v Bornemouth after missing the penalty he should not have taken , coupled with the slight downturn in Watford's form and an ever-growing list of unavailable players which hope will see 2+ for the home side.

Odds - 2.05

KILMARNOCK - have scored in 6/8 aways [2+ in 3] and have improved markedly since Steve Clark took over .They have scored and taken points off Celtic AND Rangers in that time as well as netting 5 on Saturday v Partick. They face a Ross Co side who have conceded in 9/9 homes [2+ in 5] ...15 goals against in those 9.

Odds - 2.70

HOFFENHEIM - scored in all 8 home games this season [2+ in 4] with a s-p-g average of 12.8 . Stuttgart have conceded in all 8 aways  [2+ in 5]

Odds - 1.80

HERTHA - scored in 5/7 homes [2+ in 2] with a s-p-g average of 9.1 . Hannover have conceded in 7/8 aways [2+ in 4]

Stuttgart will miss regular central mid-fielder Schwegler

Odds - 2.1

7 hours ago, yesitsme said:

What the hell happened to Kilmarnock? Bit of an upset. CP did the business though! 

If i'm reading this wrong i apologise but Killie did the business by scoring 2 goals ...so a return of 17pts was made ...are you betting win and BTTS  mate ??

CRYSTAL PALACE   2-1

KILMARNOCK  2-2

HOFFENHEIM  1-0

HERTHA  3-1

Bets - 38

Wins - 22

Profit/loss to 10pt stake = +92.40pts

9 hours ago, jtw1 said:

If i'm reading this wrong i apologise but Killie did the business by scoring 2 goals ...so a return of 17pts was made ...are you betting win and BTTS  mate ??

CRYSTAL PALACE   2-1

KILMARNOCK  2-2

HOFFENHEIM  1-0

HERTHA  3-1

Bets - 38

Wins - 22

Profit/loss to 10pt stake = +92.40pts

Nope, my bad. I looked earlier in the match and they were down 2-0, then looked later at '80 and they were still down 2-1 and forgot to check again. Haha, oops. 

WOLVES have scored in 8/10 aways [2+ in 6] and were down to 10 after 15 mins and missed a penalty in their away fixture at Sheff Utd. They have a shots-per-game average of 10.9 [ ave of 4 on target]

Sheff Weds have conceded in 8/10 homes [2+ in 2]

No notable absentees for either side.

Odds - 2.20

MONACO have scored in 6/8 aways [2+ in 4] and have a s-p-g avareage of 9.6 in all aways [3.4 on target] . Their one doubt is mid-fielder Jovetic. The 2 aways they failed to score in came against top 8 opposition  , St Etienne are in 15th

ST ETIENNE have conceded in 7/9 homes [2+ in 3] and more importantly will be missing 2 defenders and a central midfielder due to suspension .

Odds - 1.87

l  

So here's the SHORT list for Saturday ..

LEICESTER - 1.91                                              

BRISTOL CITY - 1.73

DERBY - 2.60

IPSWICH - 2.50

FULHAM - 2.15

AUGSBURG - 1.80

SCHALKE - 2.90

VALENCIA - 2.45

DIJON - 2.40

STRASBOURG - 2.35

TWENTE - 2.35

LEICESTER - have scored in 7/8 homes [ 2+ in 4] inc Chelsea , Spurs and Liverpool .They have a shots-per-game at home average of 9.9 with 3.3 on target.They seem to be flourishing under Claude Puel and have no new injuries or suspensions.

PALACE have conceded in 6/8 aways [2+ in 2] but they are far better at home since Hodgson took over and will be missing 3 regular defenders for this game ,  Mamadou Sakho, Joel Ward and Timothy Fosu-Mensah who have 35 appearances between them this season . only Scott Dann has played more in defence .

Odds - 1.91

IPSWICH - have scored in 8/10 homes [2+ in 6] with a s-p-g average at home of 11.9 [4.5 on target] . Mcgoldrick could be back for the home side and that would be a positive but they can manage to find the net without him..

READING have conceded in 9/11 aways [2+ in 4]

Odds - 2.50

FULHAM - scored in 8/10 aways [2+ in 4] with a s-p-g average of 12.1 [3.9 on target] . The 2 they failed to score against were leaders Wolves and Leeds [when they were winning at the strat of the season].

Sunderland have conceded in all 10 homes [2+ in 7] and they have Lee Cattremole suspended to add to a long list of injuries .

Odds - 2.15

AUGSBURG - have scored in all 8 homes [2+ in 3] with a s-p-g of 13.6 [4.6 on target] . They have also scored in every home meeting [all comps]  v Freiburg since 2006 [ 9 games]

Freiburg have conceded in 6/7 aways [2+ in 5]

Odds - 1.80

Back later

1/2 Friday

2/4 Saturday

Sunday short list -

SAMPDORIA , STURM GRAZ , NICE [2.00]  and GRONINGEN

SAMPDORIA - have scored in  7/7 [2+ in 6] and have no new injuries or suspensions

Sassuolo have conceded in 6/8 aways [2+ in 4] , they will be missing central mid-fielder Biondini to suspension

H2h - Samp have scored in all 6 corresponding fixtures , netting 2+ in 3.

Odds - 1.73

STURM GRAZ - have scored in 8/9 aways [2+ in 6] and appear to have no injuries/suspensions to worry about

Austria Vienna have conceded in 7/9 homes [2+ in 4] it appears they could be missing 4 defenders to injury.

Odds - 1.85

GRONINGEN - have scored in all 7 aways this season [2+ in 3]

Excelsior have conceded in 7/8 homes [2+ in 5] and i believe they will be missing mid-fielder Koowijk through suspension.

Groningen have had an extra day to recover after midweek league matches which seen Excelsior fall to a fifth successive defeat.

Odds - 2.10

Odds - 1.85

WOLVES   0-1

MONACO   0-4

LEICESTER   0-3

IPSWICH   2-0

FULHAM   1-0

AUGSBURG    3-3

SAMPDORIA   0-0

STURM GRAZ   1-0

GRONINGEN   2-0

so-so turned into piss-poor...:eyes

Bets - 47

Wins - 25

Profit/loss to 10pt stake = +64.10pts

On 12/18/2017 at 10:22 PM, Grex said:

I am sure next week will be..... (whatever the opposite of "piss-poor" is) :D

Hunky-Dory mate :loon

That Leicester /Palace result totally threw me tbh esp after Palace had done the business for me in the previous 2 weeks , however the dark cloud has lifted ...Holidays have begun ...lets find some winner s...:ok

BRIGHTON - have scored in 6/9 homes [ only 2+ in 2 ] , they have a shots-per-game average of 9 [about as low as i'd like to go] and a shots-on target average of 3.They are  missing Duffy at the back through suspension .

While their stats aren't eye-catchingly stand-outish !! It's the current state of Watford that leads me to think the home side can nab a couple  .

WATFORD - have scored in 7/9 aways [2+ in 7] they have a s-p-g average of 12.3 in those aways [which is higher than their home average] and 3.7 were on target BUT they have conceded in 6/9 [2+ in 4] and their injury/suspension list is growing way too high ..Injured  - 8 , suspended - 3 . The majority of their missing players are from mid-field but i'm hoping Silva still tries to encourage his team to push forward .

Odds for BRIGHTON  2+ GOALS = 2.75

QPR - have scored in 10/11 homes  [2+ in 6] with a s-p-g avaerage of 16.9 !! and a shot-on-target ave of 5.3.Striker Mackie is still suspended which is a concern .

BRISTOL CITY - have conceded in 7/11 aways [2+ in 4] in which they have conceded an average of 16 shots on goal. But i'm hoping 2 things can sway QPR's chances of a couple of goals ...1 in this fixture the home side have scored 2+ in 6 games played since 2008 [2+ in 4] and i'm also relying on the 'after the Lord Mayors show effect ' which is the affect the euphoria of an outstanding win against superior oppostion can have on the next game ...City won with a last min goal against Man Utd and so the mental effect of dropping back to reality can sometimes have a negative reaction on the squad.

Odds for QPR 2+ GOALS - 2.38

Hope everyone had a great Christmas ...unfortunately couldn't supply any presents on Saturday but Brighton could and should have scored more than one but hey-ho..:eyes..still in profit .so far !!

HUDDERSFIELD - have scored in 7/9 homes [2+ in 2] , however 5 of those 7 were against teams currently occupying positions 1,2,3,5,and 8 in the League and they did manage to score in 4 of them.... in the 1-0 win v West Brom at home they were down to 10 men after 57mins .Personnel wise only Kachunga [striker] is a recent addition to the injury-list but he has only struck once in 17 games.

Shots-per-game average is a relatively low 9.6 [ave 3 on target] but considering the standard of opposition !!

STOKE - have conceded in 8/9 aways [2+ in 5]....they have allowed an average of 13 shots-on-target . E Peiters might return today but they still have personnel issues at the back , Martins Indi , Johnson doubtful and an 18y-o as cover . They were fortunate to conceded only 1 in their home win v W Brom at the weekend .

Odds for Huddersfield 2+ goals = 2.6

1-1

CARDIFF - have scored in 9/11 homes [2+ in 7 ,one was against current 3rd placed Derby] they have a s-p-g average of 14.9 in all homes and a shots-on-target of 6.5 in all homes.. They should have mid-fileders Gunnarson and Bryson back from injury ...otherwise no new absences. A 2-0 defeat at Bolton on Saturday shouldn't be too much of a negative as Cardiff have bounced back from their 4 league defeats with 3 wins and a draw [2+ goals in 2]

FULHAM - have conceded in 9/11 aways [2+ in 4] ..they have allowed an average of 15.5 shots on goal in all aways .

Odds for CARDIFF 2+ goals  = 2.0

2-4

IPSWICH - have scored in 9/11 homes [2+ in 7] ..s-p-g average of 12.2 , on target - 4.6 . It was no disgrace to suffer a 1-0 defeat away to leaders Wolves last time out.

QPR - have conceded in all 11 aways this season and have allowed an average of 14.2 shots on goal in those 11 . Defenders Perch and Lynch should remain sidelined for this one .

Odds for IPSWICH 2+ goals = 2.15

0-0

Edited by jtw1

Only one return from the last 5 bets means a disappointing end to 2017 ...:eyes

Changing tack ever so slightly by taking into account current form [eg last 6 homes or aways]

EVERTON  - have scored in 5/6 homes [2+ in 5] and should have Wayne Rooney back in the starting 11 after coming on as a sub in the 2-1 defeat at Bournemouth ..

MAN U - have conceded in 6/6 aways [2+ in 2] , they have failed to win any of their last 4 games and conceded 2 goals to Bristol City , Leicester and Burnley.

A good time, imho  for Everton to take on Man U and the odds of 5.00 on 2+ goals for the Blues is well worth an interest.

0-2

QPR - have scored in 6/6 homes [2+ in 2] , 5 of which were against 5 of the current top 6 . They have a full compliment of forwards/midfielders to choose from .

CARDIFF - have conceded in only 2/6 aways but in the last 4 games where Sean Morrison has not played due to injury they have conceded 8 goals ..he is still out for tomorrows game .

QPR are worth an interest @ 2.75

2-1

Edited by jtw1

• 2 weeks later...

Trying something different for a few days ...still over 1.5 goals on individual teams but from another angle ...

Spain - BETIS v leganes  -   Over 1.5 goals Betis = 2.20

Portugal - MOREIRENSE v setubal   -   Over 1.5 goals Moreirense 2.62

OOSTENDE    1-2

BORDEAUX     0-2

Disappointing neither managed to get 2 goals but looking at the goal attempts / shots on target -

Oostende - 17 / 10

Bordeaux - 13 / 5

Shows we were on the right track.

There were a couple of games that flagged up tonight , unfortunately both were early kick offs , LYON at Guingamp and ANGERS at home to Troyes .

Odds for both would have been around 2.10 and 1.90 respectively

LEICESTER 2-0

QPR - 0-3 13 attempts , 2 on target

MAINZ - 3-2

STRASBOURG - 3-2

DEN HAAG - 1-1 only 7 attempts , 2 on target.. Mad

VITESSE - 1-1 16 attempts , 4 on target

Which would have been a small profit of 3.30pts.. Smile

Will continue to monitor up till Friday and hopefully go 'Live' for the weekend.