** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

US Open 2017

• 2 weeks later...

Back Roberto Bautista-Agut (vs. Gael Monfils) at 2.25 with Bet365

Back Grigor Dimitrov (vs. Marin Cilic) at 2.20 with Bet365

Back David Ferrer to win the 4th quarter at 10.00 with Skybet

With so many uncertainties surrounding both Monfils and Cilic, I don't see how they are the favourites in these match-ups. Meanwhile, Ferrer could prove to be a very lively underdog. He's had a horrible season until now, but the recent results show that he still has what it takes to compete at this level - and he doesn't have Federer/Nadal in his quarter.

Viktor Troicki (-1.5 sets) to beat Norbert Gombos at 1.99 with Sbobet

Both have been fairly poor recently, but Troicki is still on another level imo. I saw Gombos against Harris a couple of weeks ago and it was a complete disaster, so taking two sets off Troicki should be tough for him here.

R.Harrison/T.Berdych - Over 3.5 sets at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Berdych should find this tough imo, could easily be a repeat of their Wimbledon meeting - and Harrison has the home conditions on his side this time around, so he should be even more hyped up for this.

H.Zeballos/H.Chung - Over 3.5 sets at 1.73 with Unibet

Zeballos is tough and experienced on all surfaces, so he should give Chung a good test in round one. I wouldn't even be all that shocked to see him win this honestly, but the odds aren't that massive and he could have stamina issues.

A.Zverev/D.King - Over 3.5 sets at 4.50 with Paddy Power

Can't see Zverev losing this one, but he's always been a bit shaky in Grand Slams, so I'm willing to chance this one. King has made it through the quallies, so he's very match-fit and could snatch a set here with some luck.

C.Eubanks/D.Sela - Over 3.5 sets at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Sela should take this through experience, but Eubanks has so much power that he should be good for at least a set. Nothing is expected from him - and that should only help him really.

P-H.Herbert/J.Isner - Over 3.5 sets at 2.00 with Paddy Power

Big serves and TBs expected, so everything around evens should be taken here imo. Isner should have too much for the Frenchman in the end, but Herbert is not as bad as the odds suggest.

J.Chardy/G.Monfils - Over 3.5 sets at 2.10 with Paddy Power

Chardy hasn't played since Wimbledon, while Monfils has played - and with very mixed results. At 2.10, overs have to be the call here, but definitely not below 1.90.

Svetlana Kuznetsova (-3.5) to beat Marketa Vondrousova at 1.72 with Pinnacle

Vondrousova was having some health issues lately, even had to skip some tournaments because of them, so she might be here just to pick up some money and experience. Kuznetsova should deal with her anyway - and I hope that it won't be too hard either.

Varvara Lepchenko (+1.5 sets) to beat Garbine Muguruza at 3.56 with Pinnacle

Lepchenko has always had a certain giant-killing aura and Muguruza should be under quite some pressure here, so I do like this price very much. A long shot, of course, but the odds are just too big.

Sachia Vickery to beat Natalia Vikhlyantseva at 2.50 with bet365

Sachia seems as she could do some damage here as she's qualified without losing a set and plays at home. They have met once in Sunrise, Florida 2015 and Sachia won that one by a 2-1 scoreline and at the moment Natalia is not in some hot form at all. She's only ranked higher thanks to her results in St. Petersburg and S-Hertogenbosch and that makes her favourite in this matchup but Sachia really has a realistic chance to win this. Sachia should be confident and positive about her chances to progress at least one round before going out but if she wins this she will play either Sofia Kenin or Lauren Davis and those two are not impossible to beat if she plays well. I feel confident in this bet mostly because of their history and the way Sachia qualified for USO. Feels like a good bet and as if Sachia to win is the only possible outcome. So even if it might be a tricky 3 set match I think Sachia pulls through so Sachia to win for me.

Ferrer :lol:lol:lol. Him winning his quarter was always a long shot, but come on, this year really is a joke. He was 7-0 against Kukushkin before this, almost won a Masters 1000 event, almost beaten Federer :ok. All is fine on planet Crazy and it's fair to say that Kukushkin was playing really well today, I'm just glad I didn't double down and back him on the handicap today. Sad, really - I reckon this was his last chance to go far in a GS given form & draw. Cilic isn't looking great btw.

My selections for the US Open 

Grigor Dimitrov to win first quarter 7/2 paddy power

Nick Kyrgios to win second quarter 15/2 paddy power

Jelena Ostapenko to win first quarter 8/1 paddy power

Marin Cilic to serve the most tournament aces 7/1 paddy power

I like the look of Dimitrov to beat Nadal in his quarter as he knows hard court is not his best surface and he also won at Cincinnati a couple of weeks ago. Kyrgios reached the final as well and he is also playing well. And finally Ostapenko probably plays better on a quicker surface and she is has a chance of going far in this tournament

Edited by owenclass

As I don't follow tennis until the big tournaments, what's the reason Safarova is unseeded in this tournament? has she had a bad year at singles? Just find it strange that a player who I know to be very good, plus the fact she is in Pliskova's section of draw which looks a reasonable draw, priced at 200/1 seems generous.

5 hours ago, dave5perth said:

As I don't follow tennis until the big tournaments, what's the reason Safarova is unseeded in this tournament? has she had a bad year at singles? Just find it strange that a player who I know to be very good, plus the fact she is in Pliskova's section of draw which looks a reasonable draw, priced at 200/1 seems generous.

She was out for almost a year due to illness, never fully recovered form-wise unfortunately.

Jeremy Chardy - Gael Monfils 
Over 3.5 set @2.10

Going with Czech on this one as I certainly believe there can be 4 sets or more hiding here.

Marketa Vondrousova - Svetlana Kuznetsova 
2-0 Kuznetsova @2

Sveta is the better player by far here and Marketa is overrated due to her first singles title earlier in the season.

Marcos Baghdatis - Taylor Fritz
Baghdatis @2

Baggy can dig deep and find more rythm in his game then Taylor can atm and he reached 4th round in last years USO so he should be good for at least a first round win.

Totalt odds: 8.40 with bet365