** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

You make the call..

Jezza

Ok hand I just played......you make the decision with results to follow. 10 man ring game....at 1am sat morning...I have 400 infront of me and have only had 1 round, table has not seen me play a hand really yet nor do I have much of a fix on any of the players (apart from the 2 good regulars I know). On my BB I get dealt K8o. the player UTG who has just sat down and bought in for 400 flat calls...everyone else including the small blind folds. I check Flop Kspades 8spades Jhearts. Not a bad flop for me...I figure to get action from the draws (spades and Q10) and KQ/AK... although I am wary about KJ. I lead and bet 10. UTG player raises to 40, at this point I figure he could have a range of hands including KQ, AK, KJ, a set or the draws. I think he would probably raise here with the set and not slowplay as it is a draw heavy board and I have to give an UTG player with the max infront of him credit for something but also he might raise with just top pair for the same reason. I decide to reraise given I dont want a cheap drawing card to come off - I make it 100. He thinks for a second and insta pushes all in for 400! Oh geez what do I do now? Several hands have me crushed almost dead..would he really do that with AK or a drawing hand??? Tough spot this, we all know how bad 2 pair can be with action like this but this is a draw heavy board and maybe I am being semibluffed!! My 15 seconds is ticking fast and I am thinking HARD......What would YOU do/think here? Jez

Re: You make the call.. Im not sure actually he could have AK actually :\ If it was on Willhill at my stakes id probly go for it and itd probly be someone holding a measly K2o! :lol But with your stakes (2/4 is it?) id probly think he was a good player who had hit trips 8s or had KJs. Bit heavy for a drawing hand UNLESS of course it was Q10 of spades :eek

Re: You make the call.. imo i think he most likely have KJ or 88 or QTspade as this is hands i will only call with in early position.. AK, KQ, KK, JJ i would have raised a bit pre flop, to kick out Ax drawing hands.. But this is really a tough one.. And only 15sec.. :o The moment you deceide to raise to 100$ you have to figure out that he might push all in, and then be ready to call it.. You know he problably has something since he raise you.. But its hard, when he just arrived on table... Tell me... WHAT DID YOU DOO???... (hope you won)...

Re: You make the call.. I would, as snoop advises, drop it like it's hot. I'd have folded to the intial raise. The only hands you can really put him on that you have beat are AK and AA, the latter being more likely from the limp. Even if he has one of these he still has quite a few outs. Unless you have some previous info on the player I don't see how you can stay in the pot. We all wanna know what happened!

Re: You make the call.. I would have folded I know your down your raise but you KNOW your good enough to get it back by picking your spots and getting it back (and more later on) it's quite possible he's playing KJ from where he is so why get crushed 2 rounds in? Thats my 2 cents

Re: You make the call.. I call a lot of people in that position, because In my eyes I have a decent enough hand to do it, and I want to see if they are bluffing and am prepared to cough up if they aren't, gotta say tho it's pretty much 50/50 bluffing from what I have called in that position. ;)

Re: You make the call.. Hi guys, Well I think I played very badly here reflecting on this hand the next day. With the amount of action I was given, if you call in this spot in a cash game with stacks this deep - the majority of the time you will be crushed by KJ I feel, and the much smaller amount of times he has Q10spades you are flipping a coin for 800 dollars. I would say FOLDING is the only play can make here as it is clear I am probably beat however.... I called. Thinking about it afterwards like I have said I have come to the conclusion this was wrong, but I did. The chance he had a draw pushed me towards it, as well as the fact I had never seen him before (however the fact he had the max infront of him should have made me respect him more!). Bizarrely he turned over something I had not thought about in the 15 seconds I got, guesswest you win the star prize and friskyfritz you mentioned it as well.....he had limped in with AA and slowplayed it (to death :lol ) Even tho he was clearly beaten when I reraised to 100 he had the classic "falling in love with his aces" scenario and could not let go. Thankfully my two pair held up and I dragged a nice pot....I still feel on reflection it was a bad call the majority of the time however and I played the hand poorly. JEz