** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Weekend > Jan 14th & 15th

man city should win but think both will score so minimum of three goals in the match. why do i think this? because because man city cannot afford drop of further points and having aguero and de bruyne is match made in heaven. they are likely to combine in attack and find some goals and ever since koeman arrived to everton lukaku has been crap. everton have been scoring even less i admit its tough place to come man city in my opinion is going to get the win

Edited by sajtion

18 minutes ago, andrewcalo said:

Everton have Ashley Williams leading their back line a seasoned defender, it's not a big surprise. Pep (the manager AND the poster :) ) needs a good two seasons to work out all his preconceived notions about what football is lol

There's a fine line between banter and trolling. I would chill out a bit mate otherwise you might put people off posting on the site; which would reduce content, drive down traffic etc.

I see no reason the Man U should be any different from the reverse fixture in October. I sat down in a pub in Asheville North Carolina, having planned for a week where I was gonna be with the time difference, etc, only to almost fall asleep at what was eventually a nil nil. Utter bore fest. Peeps are saying goal fest, but that time you had both Rashford and Ibrahimovic up front and it was to no other end then putting Livepool off going all out.

Man U are in a dangerous position right now and I fully expect them to park the bus and go for nil-nil as standard.

Peeps talk about how Man U won eight games in a row - those games were against sub-standard opposition, apart from Spurs, when they were in a real down patch.

If anyone will win this game it's Liverpool. 

On 1/17/2017, 8:57:05, andrewcalo said:

I understand all of that. Specially how hardly are some journalists trying to "destroy" him. But IMO:

He can still use his style everywhere, but this team is still far from what he wants and as written in article, he demanded full backs.. and he didn't get them. He was counting on Vincent, and he is injured. So we could say that his 3 main demands weren't fulfilled.

His style can not beat English one? Why did he beat (probably one of the strongest ever) Manchester United in CL finals? Why Arsenal with 5-1? I know that answers of haters will probably be the quality of the teams. What about the quality of United? With Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez up front? But don't forget the chagnes in Barcelona (Ronaldinho, Deco, year after also Eto'o - three key fiures of Riijkard's Barcelona out; and bringing players as Busquets and Pedro from 3rd league (his B team) to first league. And that Bayern destroyed all the records with him, while two years before Borussia won Bundesliga.. Well.. it's post about City. They're still creating the highest number of chances in PL. They are missing clear chances as no one, and how can you prove him that his style is wrong if his team prepares everything to win. I think that if he would change style now, it would be a bad moment for team as well, because they would see that his coach doesn't trust them. If they would be unable to play, to create, he would stop. Believe me, that he wouldn't be trying that hard. 

Besides.. it's funny to read about "tiki-taka". What City is playing is not tiki-taka. He adapted counters in Germany, they needed whole season, but they did. Except Gundo (92% pass accuracy) not even one player wouldn't be able to totally adapt in short period. Not even KDB, maybe Silva. They are simply poor offensively, Sterling is by far the worst winger he has had in his team, but looks that he sees something in him. As I said.. even Yaya is playing only because he has no other choice. 

Otherwise.. he is the man who finished book of modern football. Football which is somehow "forced" to teach kids, as the most beautiful football, game in which you will enjoy. It was pretty odd for me to see that on coaching licence seminars, but it was not a problem, as I am fan of this style. Well.. Cruyff started it, Pep finished it. One of the reason why he came here is also because of great youth academy, but with some loans he just showed that club is still not there and that he doesn't want to put too big pressure on youngsters. I am seriously wondering what will happen with Gabriel Jesus. It will be tough for sure.

Again, I am not saying anything against any kind of thinking, I can inderstand all the provocations and everything, but I am sure that he will continue with his ideology. And as Thierry Henry said.. people thinks that with his style it's everything about attack. It's not true.. it's more about defence, and conceded goals worries him the most. It's all about reducing chances for him, but problem is that even of team has 5 chances, they can score 4-times. If Everton would be like this every match, then they would be the best team in the world. 

For me personally.. it's really good to see his team in this position, because now he will need to show his ability of adapting his system to totally different style of football. Unfortunately for them.. after the toughest defeat.. they will have match against Poch's Tottenham who is the only team who outplayed City this year.

Edited by Pep004

1 hour ago, Pep004 said:

Again, I am not saying anything against any kind of thinking, I can inderstand all the provocations and everything, but I am sure that he will continue with his ideology. And as Thierry Henry said.. people thinks that with his style it's everything about attack. It's not true.. it's more about defence, and conceded goals worries him the most. It's all about reducing chances for him, but problem is that even of team has 5 chances, they can score 4-times. If Everton would be like this every match, then they would be the best team in the world. 

Yes, he wants the whole team to defend collectively. This is why he bought Gabriel Jesus who I believe will go on to replace Aguero. Obviously this wont happen straight away as GJ is only 19 and South American players take longer to the settle in EPL, especially when they've come straight from South America. Gabriel Jesus will help City defend from the front and is definately the kind of centre forward that Pep has been craving. Aguero's days at City are numbered.

If Pep and Mourinho don't get petulant and quit / get sacked then the Manchester clubs will become the dominant forces in EPL for the foreseeable future.

You're one of few persons who thinks that Kun is not part of the Guardiola's future plans. I was writing about that after red card against Chelsea. It will be interesting to see what will happen with Kun. In my opinion he has quality and he could play also behind striker or on wing or GJ could play on wing as well. I am really looking forward for what will happen, but I think that both managers can only improve they're teams. Mou started really bad, but take a look of them now.. Pep started very good but he has troubles now. But on the other hand.. just compare those two teams in midfield.. Mata, Herrera,.. I could bet that Pep would love to have this type of players.. 

But still.. my favourite team for second year in row is Tottenham. Besides.. There are rumours about Poch and Eriksen coming to Barcelona next season. :D