New Racing Post Site

Trotter

I noticed last night that I've now been upgraded to the new Racing Post site which is still described as 'Beta' so I guess they're still working on it

I've just got the basic subscription

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for posting opinions, any problems, any help needed finding stuff, any new features that you notice, any old features that seem to have disappeared

You'll see a rather large upgrade to PL shortly. My intention is to build a site where nearly all the punters needs are met all in one place. Intention to build a big racing section, so I'd love to hear what you want, like and over time we'll implement it. ;-) 

Design, mobile friendly will be the biggest difference you see in the upgrade, but the forum won't change as the software works really well.

It is very 'busy' with lots of stuff !

Noticed a couple of interesting and maybe valuable changes to the individual horse pages - it now includes in date order notifications of gelding, change of yards and maybe other stuff that I haven't noticed yet, The horse page also shows the trainers and jockey 'last 14 days' wins to runs and the Spotlight comment for todays race

Some good additions and looks a lot clearer, better fonts etc...

About time we had "Gelded" notification and i'm not quite sure if we still get the betting f/c and spotlight verdict for free when it goes live properly as you don't get that at the moment.

Cant believe you still have to pay to see previous winners, this is so poor when you can get it for free elsewhere.

The biggest gripe will always be why do we have to pay for such minor info like spotlight comments and RPRatings.

I'm struggling with the new site now

There is just so much information there that my brain is exploding

If you have a subscription and click on Pro Card then Newspaper Form you get a choice of 3 different PDF files for each race. One is just the Form as printed in the Racing Post newspaper. But the other 2 are Horse Profiles and what they call Form which is the basic form lines but with all the notes from Race Analysis and Quotes. The Horse profiles give the horse's record with numerous Filters with todays conditions highlighted in each sequence (this is fabulous information at you fingertips and is probably what I'll end up looking at)

Trouble is that it's difficult to ignore information.......... if it's there you feel you should look at it and it's going to take forever

Information overload !

Until I get used to it all  think I'm going to have to go back to sticking to 4 or 5 runner races which is a shame as it scuppers any chance of winning the monthly comp as you don't get many viable big priced ones or EW shots

I always thought you should get back to your AW racing @Trotter , thought you did well on the sand. What happened to your ratings on the AW?

My ratings have been pretty good on the AW, you cant beat a bit of consistency ie; course, going, distances etc...

I dont like these EW shots in novice hurdles, its as though you are not starting out looking for a winner and that goes against the grain for me.

Yes, I might have to think about going back to the AW and starting on my own ratings again

It's certainly the case that since I stopped doing that my personal form has plummeted.............:loon

I'll have a think about it and maybe start something new in the new year

I guess I'm swayed by the monthly comp where you need to make 30 plus points to be in with a chance ..........and you're not going to do that unless you can get a big priced one or two during the month.

Those 'horse profiles' on the new Post site could be great for the AW as it's pretty much how I used to approach it before but now all the information is there for me (conversely of course it's also there for everyone else, which isn't so good !)

Sounds good mate, give it a whirl.

I know the way i bet the chances of me ever winning the Monthly comp are very slim, the thing is my Best Bet Of The Day is never going to be a 20/1 shot.

Simple as that and i don't want to go down the road of posting rags hoping that one will hit. Thats just me, i enter for fun and if i get through the Cup then thats a bonus.

:ok