** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Weekend > Dec 3rd

Tranmere v York

Just the six games in the National League on Saturday and the matches looked priced up about right. I do however think there is value in backing Tranmere in the -1 handicap market to see off York. It didn’t quite pay off in taking on York on Tuesday night, but it would be pretty surprising if they were able to get back to winning ways against a red hot Tranmere side. Micky Mellon has improved them since taking over and has also strengthened the team as well. A win here will see them go back to the top of the table and they should do that with ease. The 23/20 about them covering the handicap looks a fair price.

Harrogate v AFC Telford

Granted AFC Telford have only won once away from home in the league all season and that was against Altrincham, but I do think they are an improving side and as I have highlighted recently Harrogate are in shocking form. They have only gained one point in their last 7 matches with that coming against Salford, who they also drew with in the FA Trophy last weekend. It is taking a bit of a flyer, but I really do think there isn’t as much between these two sides as the betting suggests. Marathon are biggest at 22/5.

Ilkeston v Grantham

Whitby put in a disappointing performance last weekend when I napped them to beat Ilkeston, but I think it is still worth opposing them. They are winless in 6 now and Grantham are in decent enough form plus they did beat Whitby themselves last week. That was only their 2nd away win of the season, but I am not sure a youthful Ilkeston side will be able to hold out for the 2nd week running and at BetVictor’s 7/4 it is well worth backing Grantham.

My FA Cup tips are on that thread.

9 hours ago, addpea said:

Tranmere v York

Just the six games in the National League on Saturday and the matches looked priced up about right. I do however think there is value in backing Tranmere in the -1 handicap market to see off York. It didn’t quite pay off in taking on York on Tuesday night, but it would be pretty surprising if they were able to get back to winning ways against a red hot Tranmere side. Micky Mellon has improved them since taking over and has also strengthened the team as well. A win here will see them go back to the top of the table and they should do that with ease. The 23/20 about them covering the handicap looks a fair price.

Harrogate v AFC Telford

Granted AFC Telford have only won once away from home in the league all season and that was against Altrincham, but I do think they are an improving side and as I have highlighted recently Harrogate are in shocking form. They have only gained one point in their last 7 matches with that coming against Salford, who they also drew with in the FA Trophy last weekend. It is taking a bit of a flyer, but I really do think there isn’t as much between these two sides as the betting suggests. Marathon are biggest at 22/5.

Ilkeston v Grantham

Whitby put in a disappointing performance last weekend when I napped them to beat Ilkeston, but I think it is still worth opposing them. They are winless in 6 now and Grantham are in decent enough form plus they did beat Whitby themselves last week. That was only their 2nd away win of the season, but I am not sure a youthful Ilkeston side will be able to hold out for the 2nd week running and at BetVictor’s 7/4 it is well worth backing Grantham.

My FA Cup tips are on that thread.

How are Wrexham performing now, @addpea? Hopefully, they can pick up some form over the festive period. Would hate to see them go down.