Monthly Nap Competition ~ Friday April 29th

5.30 Punchestown: Sempre Medici @ 14/1 StanJames

I feel you can pick plenty of holes into favourite VVM in this open competition against the boys and MTY isn't sure to follow-up from his two excellent performances this season, after his long lay-off before. I'd think Identity Thief is surely better than when seen at Cheltenham, but the value is with Sempre Medici in my mind, particularly if a bit more rain is coming our way here. He's clearly not been right when pulled up at the Festival but showed plenty of promise before. 

4.15 Ling - Equally Fast - win at 15/8 bog wm hill

5f sprint handicap

Couple of old timers here and a couple of younger potential improving types.

My selection is one of the latter and he just nabbed Bertie Blue Boy here a couple of runs ago then disapoitned in a higher grade on soft ground at the Craven meeting, Back in grade and back on polytrack I think he can resume his progress

Old Bertie will undoubtedly blaze off in front but he does usually get caught........hopefully they know enough about him to keep in touch and not let him slip the field

Just Us Two is the other unexposed one but he's making his seasonal debut (won FTO last year) and has no course form

5.30 Punchestown - Identity Thief @ 5/1 Stan James

I'm not a massive fan of Vroum Vroum Mag. She has been beating rubbish over hurdles this season and doesn't pull away from them at the finish suggesting she might not have had tons in hand as her price today suggests. I don't really see My Tent Or Yours running to form either with the slower ground and he's unlikely to get a strong gallop here. Identity Thief is the one I like at the prices. He was really progressive before a disappointing run at Cheltenham but I would think the ground was too quick for him in hindsight as he's not a particularly good moving horse. Back in a smaller field on a slower surface I would be surprised if he didn't bounce back to form and considering he saw the track for the first time less than 18 months ago you couldn't rule out more progress.