** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Rugby World Cup 2015

plloyd88

Unlucky, I did consider that myself as it looked a decent price. New Zealand v Argentina: Bought A Smith try minutes at 10 with SPIN, Cubelli try minutes at 3 with SPIN and backed Creevy to score a try at 11/1 with VC Creevy tipped as "massive" at 8/1 by the RP, Smith has 4 in 6 v Argentina and, whilst skinny at 12/5 anytime, doesn't look bad at what I'd equate to better than 7/2. Cubelli looks cheap enough given his reasonable tryscoring stats.

Have looked at the handicaps for the Wednesday games based on the ratings I'm using. Scotland +14 v Japan Australia +26 v Fiji France +36 v Romania Scotland handicap line was 14/15 last night but has moved to 16/17 and may edge further upwards so Japan could become a bet. I was hoping to get a line that was too low on the back of Japan's heroics v South Africa and Scotland being fresh. Aus line is 25/26 so pretty much bang on the ratings. I have seen a tip for Aus to cover the 2nd half handicap line. Romania could be backed at evens +50 last night which would have been a great bet. I got on +48 at 10/11 earlier today and sold France supremacy at 48. Handicap line is now in the low 40s and spreads are similar. So far no favourite has won by more than the ratings predicted (France came closest when falling 1 short) and with Romania still being fresh I fancy this to have the characteristics of an opening round game. Still some juice to be had at current handicaps but it's gone from a very strong bet to an ok one.

Hey folks! So unfortunately during our swanky new upgrade we seem to have misplaced the threads from the past few months. We are currently working on retrieving them but in the mean time here are the previews and predictions for the upcoming games today and tomorrow.

Japan v Scotland

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-world-cup-preview-japan-v-scotland

Australia v Fiji

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-world-cup-preview-australia-v-fiji

France v Romania

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-world-cup-preview-france-v-romania

New Zealand v Namibia

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-world-cup-preview-new-zealand-v-namibia

After watching Tonga v Georgia on Saturday, I came to one conclusion.; two very very suspect sides. The 22 spread is probably a bit big of my liking.  Tonga were woeful IMO & were outmuscled by the Georgians. It's definitely an interesting matchup.

Argentina are by far a superior side. I see them coming out on top by approx 15-20. Arg were very strong defensively on Sunday (apart from the last quarter). I think they'll keep Georgia to under 14.5 points anyway...

a couple of footnotes. I really liked the Georgia SH. Really competent and composed for a kid. Their goal kicking leaves a lot to be desired (the standard of tier 2 teams goal kicking has been particularly poor IMO)

a forward to to score the first try @ 2's looks the Value. No prices up for the over/under tries market.

New Zealand vs Namibia

Sam Kane First tryscorer 14/1 paddy power

Sam Kane to score Two tries 7/2 paddy power

Sam Kane to score a Hat trick of tries 30/1 paddy power

Sam Kane to score anytime 8/11 paddy power

Kieran Read to score Two tries 2/1 paddy power

Sonny Bill Williams to score Two tries 7/5 paddy power

Tonight will be so easy for New Zealand and i can see them running riot and with the players they have got nearly all of them can score a try I do fancy two forwards to score and i think Kane and Read will be the ones as Kane is suppose to be the next Richie Mccaw and can challenge him for place in the side if he impresses tonight also Read scores tries and he can score again tonight against easy opposition The other player that should score is Sonny Bill Williams who is stop hard to stop and can easily score two tries

Edited by owenclass

Argentina v Georgia: had a system bet on Kvirikashvili to score a try at 10/1 with PP.

Took the following a few days ago and didn't post because of the forum update, handicap down a point to 10 but still easy to back the halftime lead at 6/1 or 13/2.

Georgia +11 half time handicap at 10/11 with Hills and to be leading at half time at 6/1, also with Hills. Outright handicap appealing enough but I've gone for them keeping it competitive, or even leading, at the break. Meetings in 2007, 2011 and 2013 saw Argentina's winning margin reduce from 30 to 18 to 11. The half time scores were 6-3, 7-5 and 12-9, the latter 2 in Georgia's favour. Both teams impressed in their opening games and with Georgia having an extra day's rest, I fancy the trend for closer encounters to continue, particularly at the break.

Have also had 3 try minute buys. Bought Cubelli's at 9 with SPIN, Gorgodze's at 7 with SPIN and Tkhilaishvili's at 3 with Spreadex. All strike me as offering considerably better value than the fixed odds anytime prices and look decent on the players' stats. The latter pair both scored in Georgia's victory over Tonga and it's worth the relatively low risk involved that they can manage at least one try between them against Argentina.

South Africa/Samoa: Louw to score a try at 4.31, Ioane and Lam at to score a try, both at 11.12

Louw tipped by the RP at 3/1 but that's been cut, still 3 figures to back at 4.3 on BF. Lam has 3 in 15 appearances and is a tryscorer system pick, Ioane 1 in 4 and reasonable stats in the domestic game.

I can see why Samoa are fancied with a 20ish start but don't know what sort of reaction to expect from SA after the Japan defeat so won't be getting involved with the outcome betting. These 3 players at those prices make for an acceptable interest in the game.

Australia vs Uruguay

Drew Mitchell to score Two tries 10/11 paddy power

Kurtley Beale to score Two tries 4/1 paddy power

These two have a great chance of scoring a lot of tries and these two great players can run riot and also create a ot of chances

Am on Mitchell at 11/8 and would have followed on Beale at that price. Well done on getting that as he's 17/10 with them now (and only 6s for a hat trick) and 5/2 best.

Australia/Uruguay: Mitchell to score 2 or more tries at 11/8 and to score a hat trick at 8/1, both with Lads, and Uruguay penalty to be the first scoring play at 19/4 with 888

Just following the RP's tips here. They make a decent case for the bets on Mitchell and I've chosen to shoot for the hat trick and just back the 2 or more as a saver. They tip the first scoring play bet at 5/1. It happened against Wales and the main logic is that it's a big price given that Australia won't be too bothered about Uruguay nicking 3 points early on.

Also on Tomane, Mitchell and Speight all to score a try at 2/1 with Lads. Decent enough for their 3 most fancied tryscorers all to oblige.

Scotland/USA: Bought Pyrgos try minutes at 9 with SPIN, Strauss to score a try at 7/2 with Spreadex and Russell to score a try at 5/1 along with to score 2 or more at 40/1, both with Skybet

Pyrgos tipped in the preview above at 5/2. 7/2 available but I make a buy at 9 better than 4/1 anytime. Russell at 5/1 is the best of the bets for me, 7/2 best elsewhere is the very most I'd expect to see. Strauss just about makes the cut. Basically, no support from stats but price is such a standout that I can't pass up the apparent value. 5/2 best elsewhere but sub 2/1 in most places, the spread firms also have him as around a 2/1 shot.

For the USA, Durutalo to score a try at 10.5 (plenty of 9/1 available) and Scully to score a try at 17/2 with VC

Both score enough tries to appeal at those prices, even in a game where they're around 20 point underdogs. Both system picks, as are Strauss and Russell.

Ireland/Romania: Bought Madigan's try minutes at 14 with SPIN, Heaslip to score a try at 3/1 with Spreadex, Macovei to score a try at 14/1 with Skybet and to score 2 or more at 100/1 with Lads, bought Romania front 5 try minutes at 6 with SPIN

The Irish duo are tipped as anytime tryscorers in the RP preview but at much shorter odds so, given the case they make and the better terms I'm getting, I'm happy to follow those. Romania may not score a try but I don't think Macovei deserves to be as big as he is. Gone for the cheap buy of their front 5's try minutes on the basis of a couple of players having reasonable tryscoring stats though haven't looked too closely at when and against who they scored them!

Yeah, was shaping up to be a bad day for me until Tonita's late try for Romania. It would have been a big loss if I'd drawn a blank on both of the latter games but the 72 point profit from that bet made for a modest net profit on the day. It was a shame Mitchell couldn't complete his hat trick in the opening game but the brace was better than nothing.

Romania performed well just 4 days after the France game.