** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby World Cup 2015

plloyd88

New Zealand vs France

New Zealand to win 11- 15 points 9/2 paddy power

New Zealand to win by 10 points 20/1 paddy power

Dane Coles first tryscorer for the team 14/1 paddy power

Kieran Read first tryscorer 18/1 paddy power

Jerome Kaino Man of the match 14/1 paddy power

Im really looking forward to this match as i think France will make a game of it but i think New Zealand will win it in the end with maybe their forwards scoring the tries with Coles and Read having great chances scoring the first try

if your backing first try scorer willy hills is the place,they have an offer for every game if your bet doesnt score the first but scores the second they pay out as a winner.

Some strong tips guys excellent! Thank you very much. Well done to Harry for nailing the "any kicker to hit the post". Was that really the odds? 5 to 1? really good. I don't DEFINITELY remember that actually happening......but fairly sure I noticed it. One of the S.A kickers I think. And there was also a kick that went through the posts after hitting them! So just glancing them and going through.

I would like to share this betting option that I have just found on 888sport and I think it's a cracker!

Either team to win by 1-7 (inc the draw)  13/10 888sport. Get on it.....they don't do live betting so you only have just under 20 mins sorry!

Good luck with that, I'm hoping Ireland recover and land the odds for you as I'm on them by 1-12! Yes, the hit the post bet was 5/1 and has landed in 3 out of 3 so far. Any doubt about whether it counted if a successful kick hit the post on the way over was dispelled by the bet being settled as a winner after Argentina's second conversion did so.

Having being cut to 4/1 overnight for today's games it's still available at 7/2 in the last quarter final.

New Zealand Vs France
Julian Savea Anytime @ 6/4, 2+ @13/2, 3+ @33/1 - At Almost a try a game, its very hard not to back this man especially at over evens to score. This game will either be a VERY close affair or New Zealand will win with ease. The kiwi's will for sure have to turn it up a notch or two now we are into the knock-outs. 3 Matches & 5 tries for Savea shows he is here to add to his impressive scoring record. 2+ & 3+ again just small for interest but @ 6/4 Anytime good price (All prices again best priced with Sky)

Well done with those bets. My misfortune (and bad judgement) to have only been persuaded to follow you on Habana and not Savea!

His try minutes made up at 126 so would have made for a very nice buy at the 22 available pre-game!

Great tipping all round! Except for the Ireland game...on my half at least!

Aus/Scotland game was a redemption as the Scots proved that they have what it takes to challenge the best teams in the world.

Next preview is up for the first of the semi-finals between South Africa and New Zealand

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-world-cup-preview-new-zealand-v-south-africa

Ireland vs Argentina

Argentina to win 3.0 handicap evens paddy power

Ireland to win by 10 points 20/1 paddy power

Cian Healy to be Man of the match 14/1 paddy power

This match is going to close so i fancy Argentina to cover their handicap as i feel they are going play the game of their lives but if Ireland play well then i can see them winning by at least ten points and Cian Healy has a great chance of being Man of the match

Australia vs Scotland

Australia to win by 11-15 points 9/2 paddy power

Australia to win by 10 points 20/1 paddy power

Matt Giteau to be Man of the match 11/1 paddy power :)

I think even with their injuries to two of their best players Australia should still be too strong for them but i dont think they will win easily i think it will be a closer than some people would think just because of the injuries and that their opponents will be up for this game as they have beaten them before a few years ago

I hope you followed my tips Get in

Edited by owenclass

Skybet have put the "any kick to hit the post" special up again that they did last weekend, albeit a point shorter at 4/1. I've backed it in each semi final.

I still couldn't tell you what the true odds are but happy to take 4/1 about something that happened in 4 out of 5 games I watched or followed last weekend (3 of the 4 Quarter Finals and the live Aviva Prem game).

South Africa/New Zealand: Habana to score a try at 4/1 with Skybet and bought New Zealand multi points at 152 with Spreadex

Habana looks big to me at that price. 13/5 next best, no more than a 7/2 shot based on the spread prices and has scored in 6 out of 22 appearances against the All Blacks. NZ multi points (1st half x 2nd half) appealed to me at that price but have been hiked to 169 now (165 elsewhere). Means they'll need to score at least 25 points with an optimum 1st half/2nd half split but I think that's well within their compass. Whilst recognising they've not always been playing comparable opposition, their average in the tournament so far has been 573 with the lowest being 168 in the opener against Argentina and the highest being 957 against France. The 3 games in between weighed in with 816 and 462 twice. 

If you fancy a less volatile way of getting with New Zealand points you can buy their total points at 26 (up from 24.5 earlier) or back >24.5 at 10/11 with Skybet.

I'm on Read to score a try at 13/2 and both teams to score 20 or more points and NZ to win at 11/2, both with Skybet.

Read price looks generous for a player with 20 tries from 82 caps. The 20+/NZ bet caught my eye at 5/1 with Hills, and has been tipped in the RP preview. Given their endorsement and the extra half point I'm persuaded to take a chance that the tendency for more open knockout ties in this World Cup will continue. Both teams have scored 20 or more in 4 of the last 10 meetings between the teams with NZ winning 3 of them.

South Africa/New Zealand: bought New Zealand multi points at 152 with Spreadex

NZ multi points (1st half x 2nd half) appealed to me at that price but have been hiked to 169 now (165 elsewhere). Means they'll need to score at least 25 points with an optimum 1st half/2nd half split but I think that's well within their compass. If you fancy a less volatile way of getting with New Zealand points you can buy their total points at 26 (up from 24.5 earlier) or back >24.5 at 10/11 with Skybet.

The spreads have moved upwards again in terms of NZ's supremacy and points with the price for their multi points being 161-187. Nice to get the value, just need the profit to materialise now! Their points are up to 27.5 to buy but you can still get the 10/11 for >24.5. That looks a decent bet if the combined wisdom of the spread firms and their customers has got this game right. I'll just let the buy of multi points ride.

I have followed another RP tip that I agree with the logic behind and sold the time of 1st South Africa try at 47 with Spreadex. Recent history in this fixture supports the notion of them scoring considerably earlier than that. It also suggests they will fade with NZ tending to outscore them in the last 20 minutes more often than not.

Australia vs Argentina

David Pocock first tryscorer 11/1 paddy power

Matt Giteau to be Man of the match 9/1 paddy power

David Pocock to be Man of the match 5/1 paddy power

Either team to hit the post 4/1 sky bet

Bernard Foley Top points scorer for the tournament 2/1 skybet

Bernard Foley Top team tryscorer 17/1 paddy power

This is going to be a really interesting match but i feel that Australia will win it as i think they have learnt from last weeks close win that they really need to play their best and with Pocock back they are a better team and he can score tries as well also Giteau is back to his best and him and Pocock can be Man of the match

Edited by owenclass

Post hit :)

Good job it was as it was the only winner I managed to find from all my bets on the game! :$

They put up 16/1 for it to happen in both games sometime before kick off yesterday. That looks poor value when you consider the 2 singles were both 4/1 but not so bad for something that's now landed in 4 out of 5 knockout ties!

Argentina/Australia: I've backed Imhoff to score a try at 3.65, Cordero at 4.56, Bosch at 8.2 and Tuculet at 6/1 with 888. Also backed the same players to score 2 or more with 888; Imhoff at 14/1, Cordero at 22/1 and Bosch and Tuculet at 66/1

Simple option would have been to buy those 4 as Argentina's hotshots at 25 with Spreadex but what I've done instead is more or less dutch the best available anytime and 2 or more prices to eke out a bit more value (I show a small profit for just one try rather than break even). Let's hope all the time and effort proves worth it!

Followed a similar process and picked 4 Australians who strike me as being decently priced. Only 1 appeals for 2 or more though, and 1 as a spread bet as well.

Ashley-Cooper to score a try at 5/2 with Skybet, Kuridrani to score a try at 9/2 with Hills and to score 2 or more at 33/1 with 888, bought Mitchell's try minutes at 14 with Star Spreads and backed him to score a try at 3/1 with Skybet, Foley to score a try at 5/1 with 888.

Finally, I've backed both teams to score 20 points or more at 3/1 with Hills. Almost landed yesterday and is a point shorter as an enhanced odds special elsewhere.

To paraphrase the Monks (and show my age in the process) nice game, shame about the bets! :)

Great to watch and enough near misses to convince me the bets were reasonably sound. Argentina knocked on the door late on but couldn't get through the Aussie defence. Any try would have landed the 20+ bet and would have ensured a profit if it had been scored by one of the 4 "hotshots". I was willing Mitchell to cap that brilliant late run with a try but, alas, he offloaded to Ashley-Cooper who completed his hat trick. Unfortunately, he was one of the few players I'd backed who I didn't benefit from him scoring more than 1 try.

Well done to anyone who did turn a profit, not least the full house in the preview selections!

Skybet have put the "any kick to hit the post" special up again that they did last weekend, albeit a point shorter at 4/1. I've backed it in each semi final.

I still couldn't tell you what the true odds are but happy to take 4/1 about something that happened in 4 out of 5 games I watched or followed last weekend (3 of the 4 Quarter Finals and the live Aviva Prem game).

They priced it at 16's for the Ireland/France game, took them on every time since then.

Final preview of the world cup looks at Friday nights 3rd place play between Argentina and South Africa. The weather is predicted to be wet and Argentina has lost three key players so although it goes against Los Pumas sensational form I'm tipping South Africa.

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-world-cup-runners-up-preview-argentina-v-south-africa

South Africa vs Argentina

Bryan Habana to score a hat trick of tries 14/1 paddy power

Both team to score 20 points and South Africa to win 11/4 sky bet

Both teams to score 30 points and South Africa to win 20/1 sky bet

JP Pietersen to score first and South Afica to win 11/1 sky bet

JP Pietersen or Santiago Cordero to score the first try 9/2 sky bet

JP Pietersen and Santiago Cordero both to score a try anytime 9/1 sky bet

Bryan Habana and Santiago Cordero both to score a try anytime 17/2 sky bet

JP Pietersen and Bryan Habana both to score a try anytime 7/1 sky bet

Either team to hit the post 5/2 sky bet

I have a feeling that it will be a high scoring game as there be wont be no pressure on the teams to win so both of them can play running rugby I do fancy Habana and Pietersen to score as they have been great as this World cup also Cordero has been Argentinas star player and he has a great chance of scoring some tries as well I expect to high scoring with both capable of scoring over twenty points and maybe over thirty points as well

Edited by owenclass

JP Pietersen to score first and South Afica to win 11/1 sky bet :)

Either team to hit the post 5/2 sky bet :)

two bets won

Edited by owenclass

JP Pietersen to score first and South Afica to win 11/1 sky bet

Either team to hit the post 5/2 sky bet

I have a feeling that it will be a high scoring game as there be wont be no pressure on the teams to win so both of them can play running rugby I do fancy Habana and Pietersen to score as they have been great as this World cup also Cordero has been Argentinas star player and he has a great chance of scoring some tries as well I expect to high scoring with both capable of scoring over twenty points and maybe over thirty points as well

you coukld get 11/1 from laddies for jp pieterson to score the first try alone though?? 

I've had the following bets on the final.

2 or more cards shown at 11/4, NZ shown 2 or more at 10/1 and Aus shown 2 or more at 8/1, all with Lads

Bought Australia hotshots at 20 with SPIN (Mitchell, Ashley-Cooper, Kuridrani and Folau)

Bought Milner-Skudder try minutes at 12 with Spreadex (or Star Spreads)

McCaw to score a try at 7/1 and Kuridrani to score a try at 13/2, both with Coral

2 or more cards tipped in the RP and appeals at the price, the prices for each team to be shown 2 or more look a bit big to me. Australia hotshots look decent at a price that shows 5 points profit if they manage just a single try between them. Milner-Skudder is 5/2 best to score a try anytime so I like a buy at 12, which I'd equate to better than 3/1. Whilst I'm not expecting too much of a free-flowing game given the occasion, small bets on McCaw and Kuridrani are worth risking at those prices.