** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Monaco v Arsenal (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th Arsenal ML I think there is value in betting in Arsenal to win. For some strange reason, when they screw up their 1st leg, they tend to amends in the 2nd leg. They will always fall abit short though. I won't be too surprised if they win 2-0 and fall short again. Actually, the Arsenal to qualify odds at $7 seems tempting too. Maybe they will finally overcome their 1st leg deficit?

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th 4pts Over 2.5 goals Evs Bet365 I do think Arsenal will improve for being the outsiders from here but clearly they are going to have to. They can largely abandon their defensive issues here because they have to be on the front foot from the start but the concern for them is Monaco have started finding the net and you wouldn’t rule out them scoring here, especially if Arsenal leave themselves open a little. The situation of the tie suggests we’re going to get an open game and that should in turn lead to goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monaco-vs-arsenal-betting-arsenal-s-plight-should-ensure-an-open-game-with-goals

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th

4pts Over 2.5 goals Evs Bet365 I do think Arsenal will improve for being the outsiders from here but clearly they are going to have to. They can largely abandon their defensive issues here because they have to be on the front foot from the start but the concern for them is Monaco have started finding the net and you wouldn’t rule out them scoring here, especially if Arsenal leave themselves open a little. The situation of the tie suggests we’re going to get an open game and that should in turn lead to goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monaco-vs-arsenal-betting-arsenal-s-plight-should-ensure-an-open-game-with-goals
I see no point in backing overs as Monaco will park the bus and hope for a 0-0 or 1-0 loss. They have conceded only ONE goal in their last 12 home matches and will be very confident defending their lead. Also 81% of Monaco's matches this season have ended under 2.5 goals, 86% in their home matches .

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th UCL matches are different from league matches. But I honestly believe in you. This will be a tight affair due to Monaco's record in UCL and defensive style, but Arsenal have nothing to lose except going for it. I wouldn't be surprised of Monaco sitting back and not even being worried about attacking. I mean, they could actually lose 0-2 and qualify. 0-1 or maybe 1-1 could be my bets here, or maybe HT Draw @ 2.15 as Monaco will wan't to bore this one since the start of it. But I won't join the train here. At least for now.

I see no point in backing overs as Monaco will park the bus and hope for a 0-0 or 1-0 loss. They have conceded only ONE goal in their last 12 home matches and will be very confident defending their lead. Also 81% of Monaco's matches this season have ended under 2.5 goals' date= 86% in their home matches .
Have to agree, think Monaco will be very happy to sit back and soak up the pressure hitting Arsenal on the break. The odds are more than high enough for me to risk a bet on the unders, another factor in the favour of unders is the apparent poor state of the Monaco pitch which Wenger has been moaning about already. People will be quick to point out that Arsenal have plenty of goals in them and have to push but the situation was the same in the first leg, difference being this time that Monaco know what they need to do and they will be confident about seeing the job through in their own ground where they were rock solid in the group stages. Toulalan was injured at the weekend but expect him to return, Berbs was rested, they still have injuries but enough cover. Under 2.5 Goals - 1.94 - betfair - 2 Points Also having a bet on Monaco DNB. Not saying the game will follow the pattern of the first entirely but Arsenal have to attack Monaco - like they did in the first game - and Monaco are more than capable of hitting them on the break. I wouldn't have Monaco's DNB odds much higher than 1.9 so I think there is plenty of value in the price. Arsenal have changed tactics in a couple of games this season when playing better sides which really suited them - defending in numbers and closing space in the key defensive areas then breaking quickly - but they have to attack in this game and that is likely to open them up to the usual problems. A high defensive line should play right into Monaco's hands as in the first leg, already mentioned the pitch and I think Monaco are being underrated here. Monaco DNB - 2.36 - betfair - 2 Points

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th I can see that monaco have a good defense but that league is poor. I watch it and fall asleep the only good teams in that league are Marseilles and Lyon and psg. No one in that league plays like English clubs play fast and if arsenal chuck the kitchen sink at them from the start and get 2 very early goals I can see monaco losing then plot especially as 1 goals counts as 2 which build pressure and then more pressure. I know the last game they play before 1st leg ended 1.0 to monaco but this is a different arsenal team I be tempted to play 3 at the back and go for monaco because they are average look at dort mind they raise the game for champion league so did monaco but if 80% o arsenal team turn up I think it will go over 2.5 goals.

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th I remeber same story Arsenal had with Bayern - 3:1 lost at London, and won 0:2 at Munich. Monaco can not be rated as high as Bayern, but example shows, that Arsenal is leathal and can produce a result if they are motivated. Ofcourse, Londoners will have to push and eventually get expoused to counters, that's why i choose Arsenal DNB 1.65 betVictor ?high stakes !

I can see that monaco have a good defense but that league is poor. I watch it and fall asleep the only good teams in that league are Marseilles and Lyon and psg. No one in that league plays like English clubs play fast and if arsenal chuck the kitchen sink at them from the start and get 2 very early goals I can see monaco losing then plot especially as 1 goals counts as 2 which build pressure and then more pressure. I know the last game they play before 1st leg ended 1.0 to monaco but this is a different arsenal team I be tempted to play 3 at the back and go for monaco because they are average look at dort mind they raise the game for champion league so did monaco but if 80% o arsenal team turn up I think it will go over 2.5 goals.
Yeah because English sides are so good in Champions league? Sorry but the barclays Premier League is very overestimated. Last years English teams dont go very far in European compitions and this year most likely not one English team in quarterfinales. Yeah Monaco playing counter but wins 1-3 against Arsenal. Chelsea players counterfootball against 10 men of psg but still getting defeated. Just accept it Frensh best teams this year are stronger then English sides.

Yeah because English sides are so good in Champions league? Sorry but the barclays Premier League is very overestimated. Last years English teams dont go very far in European compitions and this year most likely not one English team in quarterfinales. Yeah Monaco playing counter but wins 1-3 against Arsenal. Chelsea players counterfootball against 10 men of psg but still getting defeated. Just accept it Frensh best teams this year are stronger then English sides.
A very good article on the topic: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2015/03/16/9871872/ligue-1-shows-up-true-quality-of-epl?ICID=SP_HN_HP_RI_1_3

Yeah I read it. Very good article. People say English Premier League is the best but based on what? You have to perform in the European compitions to know which country has the strongest league. For me its the primera division. In the last years it was the most times a Primera division side did win the Champions League and Europa League (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla). We also had some spanish finals (Real Madrid - Atletico Madrid, Atletic Bilbao - Atletico Madrid). Bundesliga also is stronger then Premier League. Frensh top sides are stronger. I would say the premier league level is now around that of the Serie A (which also did get a lot weaker in these years).

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th Bizar you are a joker. Players like Rooney,Di Maria, Costa, Sanchez, Hazard, De Gea,Oscar,van persie and many other great footballers in premiership would get in any of the primera division teams. Also ex players like Ronaldo and suarez came from the premiership. Even robben wants to play in the premiership. It not the level its the tatics that are the problem and you are saying the premiership is on the same level as serie A lollllllllllllllll ac Milan beat real Madrid in a friendly and Manchester city beat ac milan handsomely.

Bizar you are a joker. Players like Rooney' date='Di Maria, Costa, Sanchez, Hazard, De Gea,Oscar,van persie and many other great footballers in premiership would get in any of the primera division teams. Also ex players like Ronaldo and suarez came from the premiership. Even robben wants to play in the premiership. It not the level its the tatics that are the problem and you are saying the premiership is on the same level as serie A lollllllllllllllll ac Milan beat real Madrid in a friendly and Manchester city beat ac milan handsomely.[/quote'] Another deluded Premier League fanboy. From the aformentioned players, only De Gea will get in Real Madrid and Barcelona, the others are not at the required level despite being labeled as "the best in the world" by the English media. Are you really 24 years old?

Bizar you are a joker. Players like Rooney' date='Di Maria, Costa, Sanchez, Hazard, De Gea,Oscar,van persie and many other great footballers in premiership would get in any of the primera division teams. Also ex players like Ronaldo and suarez came from the premiership. Even robben wants to play in the premiership. It not the level its the tatics that are the problem and you are saying the premiership is on the same level as serie A lollllllllllllllll ac Milan beat real Madrid in a friendly and Manchester city beat ac milan handsomely.[/quote'] Well Sanchez had to leave to make place for Suarez. Di Maria had to left for Rodriquez. The others would not play in the first eleven of Barcelona or Real Madrid. Maybe de Gea but somebody like Rooney? Maybe with Real Sociedad lol. And like I said I am looking to the FACTS not to somebody OPINION. And the facts are Premier League teams are failing big time the last years.

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th AS Monaco v Arsenal AS Monaco: Bakayoko (10/0 m), Lacina Traoré (6/1 f), Raggi (20/0 d) Arsenal: Wilshere (9/1 m), Arteta (7/0 m), Debuchy (10/1 d), Diaby (0/0 m), Oxlade-Chamberlain (22/1 f), Rosický (13/2 m) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Another deluded Premier League fanboy. From the aformentioned players' date=' only De Gea will get in Real Madrid and Barcelona, the others are not at the required level despite being labeled as "the best in the world" by the English media. Are you really 24 years old?[/quote'] Are you dumb?

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th AS Monaco v Arsenal Red Card In The Match? - Yes - WilliamHill - 3.75 (5 pts) Opportunity for both sides to become heated during this one. If Arsenal manage to turn things around then Monaco may become desperate in their defending efforts. If Monaco put this game out of reach at any point (i.e. score a goal or two) then Arsenal players will become frustrated. If it is too close to call (i.e. Arsenal pull two goals back) then both sides will be going for it. Arsenal in particular have a few hot headed players under pressure. I really think we will get a lot of cards tonight, so two yellows could easily come about. Bit speculative but all the ingredients are there, and at 3.75 the value is there.

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th Also if Arsenal concede 1 goal, it doesn't change the picture for them, they MUST score 3 goals in France. And I don't believe Monaco will be as ultra defensive as everyone thinks as they know that scoring can demoralise the gunners out of the contest. I think over 2.5 is a great chance here but won't bet. If I see after 10-15 mins that Arsenal have started in 5th gear and have the French penalty area under siege, then I will back overs which by then may have climbed to 2.20-2.30 and then lay it off after 1 or 2 goals are scored and take profit in the event it finishes under. In these big hard to predict matches, I prefer to trade them live as usually the way we envision a match and what unfolds are two different things.

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th DNB - Monaco @ 2.38 (Betfair) - 2 Units Like others here have mentioned, I think people are underestimating Monaco and overestimating Arsenal. Arsenal will have to REALLY open up to be able to score 3 goals against a very defensively solid side, and I doubt Monaco won't catch them at least once on the break like they did at the Emirates. Now people have mentioned the time Bayern won 1-3 at the Emirates and then Arsenal came back to win 0-2 at the Allianz, but I don't think this is the same thing since Bayern are not a defensive-minded team at all and were the favorites from the start of the tie, unlike Monaco. I think Bayern had just underestimated Arsenal and become complacent and I don't think Monaco will make the same mistake. Of course, having said that, it's entirely possible for Arsenal to end up winning by a goal or so especially since Monaco have less CL experience and might experience some pressure in the 2nd half if they're a goal down, and so I'll only go for 2 units here. Booking Odds - 45 points and over @ 1.91 (Betfair) - 2-5 Units I will bet 2 units before the match then wait until about the 20-30 min mark or so before adding another couple of units, as the price will have gone up by then, but I'll be hoping that no yellow cards have been shown by then which is likely given most yellows/reds tend to come out when players are frustrated, getting tired/sloppy or have committed one too many fouls. On their first meeting at the Emirates, 5 yellow cards were shown in the match (1st one at 42'), and given that this is the 2nd leg, things are more likely to get heated especially towards the end.

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th I think Arsenal's preparation for this match has been as they would have wanted. An important away win against Man Utd, and a stroll against West Ham. The players have been talking a big game the past few days, no doubt I think to get under Monaco's skin. The aim here will be to get a goal in the first 20 minutes, and if they do I think Monaco will start to get nervous. Arsenal have recent history of this situation, falling short against AC Milan (0-3) and Bayern Munich (0-2), two sides I rate as a level above this Monaco side. I like Arsenal to score first at 1.8 (Betfair) and I like Giroud to score at 2.25 even more. I think Giroud has a point to prove after a horror show performance in the first leg. Monaco are going to set up to defend but if Arsenal get their quick passing game going as they did in the final third against West Ham at the weekend it's very difficult to defend against - and Giroud is a likely recipient of key passes in those situations. My head says Arsenal will fall short again, something like a 2-0 win saves them face and keeps momentum on track. Heart says they can do it and qualify, but I don't bet with my heart.

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th Monaco vs Arsenal – Win for Arsenal @ 2.22 Marathonbet This is the second leg of the duel between Monaco and Arsenal. Monaco welcome Arsenal to the Stade Louis II with a commanding lead after winning at the first game at the Emirates Stadium 3-1 in dominant fashion. The Red and Whites could seemingly do no wrong on the day, as they tactically outmaneuvered the Gunners while playing with more spirit and confidence on such a grand stage. They have now won 5 of their last 7 matches in all competitions. They didn’t concede at the home games of the group stage, they conceded only 1 goal at the last 12 home games for all competitions. Arsenal tonight is in need of a miracle. They have to win with 0-3 or 1-3 to go to overtime. Their reaction after the slap on the face by Monaco was four straight wins in all competitions. Tonight they have the quality and the experience to win, but this doesn’t mean that they can progress to the next round.

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th Most of the game analysis for the first leg said that Monaco will play carefully in the Emirates based on their solid defense and will try not to concede any goals in order to take the qualification in the 2nd game in France. And Monaco played very clever, proved us all wrong and scored 3 times in England. Now once again everyone is predicting that Monaco will wait for Arsenal to attack as they qualify even with a 0-2 loss. I don't see why not having a repeat of the first game and since Arsenal is hunting 3 goals the whole team will be pressing very high and leave empty spaces for Monaco to hit in the counter attack. Monaco AH 0 @ 2.58 Marathonbet

AS Monaco v Arsenal Red Card In The Match? - Yes - WilliamHill - 3.75 (5 pts) Opportunity for both sides to become heated during this one. If Arsenal manage to turn things around then Monaco may become desperate in their defending efforts. If Monaco put this game out of reach at any point (i.e. score a goal or two) then Arsenal players will become frustrated. If it is too close to call (i.e. Arsenal pull two goals back) then both sides will be going for it. Arsenal in particular have a few hot headed players under pressure. I really think we will get a lot of cards tonight, so two yellows could easily come about. Bit speculative but all the ingredients are there, and at 3.75 the value is there.
That is a bet i was thinking about !