** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th

Aidymac

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th Just my 2s here (obviously no where as experienced as some on here...so bear with me): - There's no doubt that Arsenal will have to go into this match all guns blazing, anything short of that and Wenger will have to come up with lots of answers! - It also makes perfect sense for Monaco to want to sit back and park the bus since they have a nice lead with 3 away goals...so unlikely that they'd want to attack and leave gaps at the back. I'm thinking the above combo can lead to lots of CORNERS...and possibly a few cards if the defenders are a bit sloppy. I'm taking OVER 10.5 CORNER @ 2.20 with betfair. Any thoughts on this?

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th I am still feeling the cash pain of the first leg.I can only put it down to bad tactics and a very poor performance on the night,by everyone connected with Arsenal,including the tea lady.I am going down with the titanic because i just cant believe that Arsenal are a worse team than Monaco.I watched them stutter and splutter against several average teams at the bottom of their league and a cup game in which they got knocked out of at home after extra time and penalties.They barely made a shot on target and i still cant believe they scored three in London. Wenger coming home to France will surely have his players up for this second leg,not that he should need to.I'm hoping Arsenal will do what they did against Bayern a few years ago and play at their best.Motivation and a will to win is not to be underestimated and this is what Arsenal will be full of tonight.Whether it will be enough to get a win is anyone's guess.But i have to believe my instinct that Arsenal are a better team and will somehow rectify last weeks embarrassment.(and my own for making them my banker).Arsenal to win 5/4 at William Hill.

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th are u really all dumb english people? even Olympique Lyon youngster and Olympique Marseille will trash between 16 and 18 teams of your so overrated BPL all europa puke on your english teams but english ego is really big and never see the truth! so ASM -1 @ 6 local book space space space gonna laugh with mertesaker tonight :lol and your two fullback yes all our youngster are faster and more skilled than your so overrated oxlade, walcoot and so on. haters gonna hate tonight :)

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th

are u really all dumb english people? even Olympique Lyon youngster and Olympique Marseille will trash between 16 and 18 teams of your so overrated BPL all europa puke on your english teams but english ego is really big and never see the truth! so ASM -1 @ 6 local book space space space gonna laugh with mertesaker tonight :lol and your two fullback yes all our youngster are faster and more skilled than your so overrated oxlade, walcoot and so on. haters gonna hate tonight :)
Please get off this forum and spit your hate and nonsense else where mate!!! People come here to get insight into tactics and the science of the game not hype and bs sprouting out of some idiot's mouth (or fingertips in this case)!!!! :@

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th Didn't think Arsenal were that great, Monaco was really awful. Even in defending. Team seemed to be under pressure, quite strange. However, anyone who actually is able to concede 3 goals of Monaco at home does not deserve to go to the next phase, IMO. Thumbs up for Arsenal though, was expecting a much tighter affair tbh

are u really all dumb english people? even Olympique Lyon youngster and Olympique Marseille will trash between 16 and 18 teams of your so overrated BPL all europa puke on your english teams but english ego is really big and never see the truth! so ASM -1 @ 6 local book space space space gonna laugh with mertesaker tonight :lol and your two fullback yes all our youngster are faster and more skilled than your so overrated oxlade, walcoot and so on. haters gonna hate tonight :)
Please don't post this trash again or a temp ban will be in order.

Have to agree, think Monaco will be very happy to sit back and soak up the pressure hitting Arsenal on the break. The odds are more than high enough for me to risk a bet on the unders, another factor in the favour of unders is the apparent poor state of the Monaco pitch which Wenger has been moaning about already. People will be quick to point out that Arsenal have plenty of goals in them and have to push but the situation was the same in the first leg, difference being this time that Monaco know what they need to do and they will be confident about seeing the job through in their own ground where they were rock solid in the group stages. Toulalan was injured at the weekend but expect him to return, Berbs was rested, they still have injuries but enough cover. Under 2.5 Goals - 1.94 - betfair - 2 Points WIN Also having a bet on Monaco DNB. Not saying the game will follow the pattern of the first entirely but Arsenal have to attack Monaco - like they did in the first game - and Monaco are more than capable of hitting them on the break. I wouldn't have Monaco's DNB odds much higher than 1.9 so I think there is plenty of value in the price. Arsenal have changed tactics in a couple of games this season when playing better sides which really suited them - defending in numbers and closing space in the key defensive areas then breaking quickly - but they have to attack in this game and that is likely to open them up to the usual problems. A high defensive line should play right into Monaco's hands as in the first leg, already mentioned the pitch and I think Monaco are being underrated here. Monaco DNB - 2.36 - betfair - 2 Points LOSS
Monaco were a total shambles, Arsenal paid the price for their terrible display in the first leg. Hardly the defensive masterclass I expected from Monaco, think Arsenal U18's could have given them a game tonight. Small loss on the game.

DNB - Monaco @ 2.38 (Betfair) - 2 Units Like others here have mentioned, I think people are underestimating Monaco and overestimating Arsenal. Arsenal will have to REALLY open up to be able to score 3 goals against a very defensively solid side, and I doubt Monaco won't catch them at least once on the break like they did at the Emirates. Now people have mentioned the time Bayern won 1-3 at the Emirates and then Arsenal came back to win 0-2 at the Allianz, but I don't think this is the same thing since Bayern are not a defensive-minded team at all and were the favorites from the start of the tie, unlike Monaco. I think Bayern had just underestimated Arsenal and become complacent and I don't think Monaco will make the same mistake. Of course, having said that, it's entirely possible for Arsenal to end up winning by a goal or so especially since Monaco have less CL experience and might experience some pressure in the 2nd half if they're a goal down, and so I'll only go for 2 units here. Booking Odds - 45 points and over @ 1.91 (Betfair) - 2-5 Units I will bet 2 units before the match then wait until about the 20-30 min mark or so before adding another couple of units, as the price will have gone up by then, but I'll be hoping that no yellow cards have been shown by then which is likely given most yellows/reds tend to come out when players are frustrated, getting tired/sloppy or have committed one too many fouls. On their first meeting at the Emirates, 5 yellow cards were shown in the match (1st one at 42'), and given that this is the 2nd leg, things are more likely to get heated especially towards the end.
Not Even close, Brov !

Re: AS Monaco v Arsenal > Tuesday March 17th Oh look, it's the muppet show! :nana Let me see what I can pluck out of the hat this time - would you look at that? You've won a 48 hour ban. :loon

AS Monaco v Arsenal Red Card In The Match? - Yes - WilliamHill - 3.75 (5 pts) Opportunity for both sides to become heated during this one. If Arsenal manage to turn things around then Monaco may become desperate in their defending efforts. If Monaco put this game out of reach at any point (i.e. score a goal or two) then Arsenal players will become frustrated. If it is too close to call (i.e. Arsenal pull two goals back) then both sides will be going for it. Arsenal in particular have a few hot headed players under pressure. I really think we will get a lot of cards tonight, so two yellows could easily come about. Bit speculative but all the ingredients are there, and at 3.75 the value is there.
The referee (to his credit actually) really didn't want to dish out cards last night and preferred to let the game flow. There were at least 4 or 5 challenges that warranted a yellow and Sanchez was very lucky on at least 2 occasions not to pickup a second yellow. On another night with a different referee this would have been different.

Arsenal ML I think there is value in betting in Arsenal to win. For some strange reason, when they screw up their 1st leg, they tend to amends in the 2nd leg. They will always fall abit short though. I won't be too surprised if they win 2-0 and fall short again. Actually, the Arsenal to qualify odds at $7 seems tempting too. Maybe they will finally overcome their 1st leg deficit?
:clap good stuff. (I've noticed quite often the first posts in these CL match threads seem to be the best)

Just my 2s here (obviously no where as experienced as some on here...so bear with me): - There's no doubt that Arsenal will have to go into this match all guns blazing, anything short of that and Wenger will have to come up with lots of answers! - It also makes perfect sense for Monaco to want to sit back and park the bus since they have a nice lead with 3 away goals...so unlikely that they'd want to attack and leave gaps at the back. I'm thinking the above combo can lead to lots of CORNERS...and possibly a few cards if the defenders are a bit sloppy. I'm taking OVER 10.5 CORNER @ 2.20 with betfair. Any thoughts on this?
Corner count I saw was 0-5 to Arsenal. So value (in hindsight) would have been on Arsenal corner handicap which was available at around Arsenal -2 EH @ 2.0 pre-match. I didn't see the game, but I guess Arsenal did most of the attacking and Monaco's defence was good enough to restrict the number of corners?